Hot Toys Valkyrie (Thor Love and Thunder)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E782341B-12A4-4CE9-BDCB-0F45CFE44617.jpeg

Great likeness, but again, the usual Hot Toys thousand-yard dead-eye stare does it no favors. I was tempted by the third-party figure, but I like the color/costume design on this a bit more (even if I like the white outfit more overall). I agree the hair strands will be annoying to deal with for posing, but it's a nice change of pace from the standard long, wavy female hair (and the blue highlights look pretty cool too). Also, the hair design means she can actually turn her head all the way to the side without hair blobs hitting the shoulders.

With no timed exclusive, I'll wait to see how this turns out in production, but it definitely has my attention more than the Mighty Thor figure does (which would've been an easy buy for me if it had rooted hair and a more interesting broken hammer effect piece). I was considering a Thor shelf with Thor and Jane, but I can see Thor and Valkyrie working just as well.

Ok, so I ordered the Thunder Toys version because I love that outfit, but I’m not going to lie, this figure looks awesome!!! I don’t like the shoulder seems but other than that this version looks great!

I am sticking to my one figure per character rule so I won’t be pre-ordering this, but I will replace the Thunder Toys figure with this version if the TT figure isn’t good.

As it stands now, I will likely buy the Hot Toys headsculpt to put with the Thunder Toys body. Based on the pictures of both versions I think that could be a great combination.

Ok, so I ordered the Thunder Toys version because I love that outfit, but I’m not going to lie, this figure looks awesome!!! I don’t like the shoulder seems but other than that this version looks great!

I am sticking to my one figure per character rule so I won’t be pre-ordering this, but I will replace the Thunder Toys figure with this version if the TT figure isn’t good.

As it stands now, I will likely buy the Hot Toys headsculpt to put with the Thunder Toys body. Based on the pictures of both versions I think that could be a great combination.

Are you re-rooting the Hot Toys sculpt hair if you swap out and place on the Thunder Toys body?

I don’t recall her having the Love and Thunder hair in Ragarock in that outfit.

Hopefully the scale and skin tone matches but luckily only the neck and hands area are exposed on the Valkyrie figure.

Are you re-rooting the Hot Toys sculpt hair if you swap out and place on the Thunder Toys body?

I don’t recall her having the Love and Thunder hair in Ragarock in that outfit.

Hopefully the scale and skin tone matches but luckily only the neck and hands area are exposed on the Valkyrie figure.
Yeah you are right, the hairstyle she has in Love & Thunder is different than her hairstyles in Ragnarok and Endgame. That said, I’m not a stickler on “screen-accuracy” rather my priority as a collector is having what I think is the best single representation of any character. So even though her hairstyle in L&T is different I want to use it bk I think the Hot Toys headsculpt is better than the Thunder Toys sculpt (although it’s not bad). Also in Endgame she does wear her hair in a braided style although it is different from L&T.

Finally, I have to admit that I flat out don’t have the know-how/skill to attempt applying rooted hair

Last edited:
Didn't grab the pictures but Hot Toys posted the blogger pictures for this earlier and then removed the post.

Not sure what was wrong with the post and/or the figure to cause them to remove the post though.

Someone on Reddit managed to grab them before the post was removed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/s/yggMFhNoMy
Thanks for the link.

I do wish they had surprised us with seamless arms on this release. I know as is there is much more movement possible and posing options, but the thing I dislike most about this is the arm seams. Maybe there is a body that can be used to swap, I guess matching the skin tone of the face and neck would be a challenge.

Also the sculpt is not nearly as good as the prototype. But I love the costume and the colors. I wonder why they took the photos down?

The photos are back up and on the HT socials. I’m trying VERY hard not to overreact these blogger photos, but damn…they did Tessa Thompson dirty. Not sure what happened from prototype to release, but it’s a downgrade for sure. Something with the eyes?

Thanks for the link.

I do wish they had surprised us with seamless arms on this release. I know as is there is much more movement possible and posing options, but the thing I dislike most about this is the arm seams. Maybe there is a body that can be used to swap, I guess matching the skin tone of the face and neck would be a challenge.

Also the sculpt is not nearly as good as the prototype. But I love the costume and the colors. I wonder why they took the photos down?
The arms are already seamless (no visible elbow joints), or are you referring to the seams at the shoulders? If so I agree those shouldn't be there either - it's baffling that HT eliminates them for some figures with exposed shoulders (multiple Wonder Woman releases, two different versions of the Rosario Dawson Ahsoka Tano) but not others like Valkyrie and WV Scarlet Witch.

The arms are already seamless (no visible elbow joints), or are you referring to the seams at the shoulders? If so I agree those shouldn't be there either - it's baffling that HT eliminates them for some figures with exposed shoulders (multiple Wonder Woman releases, two different versions of the Rosario Dawson Ahsoka Tano) but not others like Valkyrie and WV Scarlet Witch.
Yes sorry I should have been more clear, I was referring to the seams on the shoulders.
I love that there are no visible joints at the elbows, so it confuses me as well why they thankfully don't have exposed elbow joints yet choose to have visible seams at the shoulders …why do that?

The photos are back up and on the HT socials. I’m trying VERY hard not to overreact these blogger photos, but damn…they did Tessa Thompson dirty. Not sure what happened from prototype to release, but it’s a downgrade for sure. Something with the eyes?
Is it possible this is due to the bloggers having bad lighting or overdone photoshop effects?

Padme looked worse in the blogger photos compared to the 1st hand videos from SSC and MrC.

Even with ROTJ Han Solo, the Secret Base videos looked better than Hot Toy’s own official promo photos.

Back