Hot Toys Valkyrie (Thor Love and Thunder)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been looking forward to a Valkyrie figure but strangely underwhelmed by this. Likeness is pretty good but there is something off about it?? Might be the photos.

The sculpted hair looks good in a museum pose but in action poses looks bad because umm it’s sculpted.

I think they nailed her smug self entitled expression perfectly.
Screenshot_20220907-124422_Instagram.jpg

So I think I figured it out. The secret to getting Hot Toys to release the figure you want is for the movie to underperform. E.g. Eternals, Thor Love and Thunder and Morbius.
Lol, no, the secret to getting HT to release the figure you want is that they don’t know themselves because it’s a secret.

I knew this would release after I ordered the Thunder Toys version back in July, I just expected it sooner lol.

The sculpt looks good, but I'm curious how durable those individual (front) dreadlock strands will be over time. It doesn't look like they'll restrict posing too much as they're shown behind her shoulders when she looks to either side.

I'm happy to see the seamless elbows, but I do wish HT had done the same with the shoulders. This is similar to the Shuri release (or Might Thor) in that respect, but in this case her armor isn't wide enough at the shoulders to hide the joints. They probably won't be all that noticeable but are (yet again) another example of HT's unwillingness to go that extra mile to provide us with realism.

Love that she's finally getting a figure. Sculpt seems pretty good. As others have mentioned the exposed shoulder joints when the elbows are seamless is an odd choice. The hair looks incredible, but I'm concerned it's limiting her head from being able to look upward at all. Almost every promo photo seems to have her staring at the ground.
1662558474908.png

I would not be surprised if we get a white costume version of this figure eventually. We all know how they love to recycle. But, I gotta say, I am buying this version

Love that she's finally getting a figure. Sculpt seems pretty good. As others have mentioned the exposed shoulder joints when the elbows are seamless is an odd choice. The hair looks incredible, but I'm concerned it's limiting her head from being able to look upward at all. Almost every promo photo seems to have her staring at the ground. View attachment 598114
Yes, she'll probably be like the older Thors and Aquaman in that respect (long haired sculpts with limited articulation). But we should be able to push the neck back to provide a bit of clearance to allow her to look up ever so slightly...

If I was getting this, I really don't mind the shoulder joint. It offers more options for posing without worrying about armpit tears like their Wonder Woman.

I love the shoulder joints and wish they would change the upcoming Ahsoka to that as well (I know they won’t). At least it gives you some sort of articulation for the arms that won’t tear the body apart over time. I’m already used to that annoying seam (to me at least) where the neckless head sculpt attaches on every and all female figures so what’s another seam at the shoulders I say. Plus this is a massive improvement over how they did they shoulder joints on a figure like Hela.

I definitely prefer this costume to her other two. I don't want to spend $270+ though.

looks pretty great to me. Not a character or figure I want but sculpt looks good and love the Korg headpiece to attach to the back of the head :LOL:

Wow $270! Thats pretty steep!
Yep, but $270 seems to be the low end for MCU HT figures with new sculpts now. The last ones to come in below that were Shang Chi, Wenwu and the two Black Widows. We're still getting a few SW characters at $260 (Reva, Grand Inquisitor), but I don't expect that to last.

The sculpt quality of this and Reva just makes the lack of a Zoe Kravitz Catwoman (and the continued neglect of Padme) hurt that much more.
Weird isn’t it? DC seems to be left to the side so much by HT.

Back