Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually realized how easy it is to switch the name plates out of the bases. So I switched out repaint Boba's base to Mando and his sand base to Boba since it makes more sense that way. Plus I got some new boots that were repainted by Jacob leka a friend on FB. They are more accurate to how they look post S2/BOBF/S3. I feel my figure looks even better now.

A valley of fire...

FIRE IN THE GORGE.jpg

I actually realized how easy it is to switch the name plates out of the bases. So I switched out repaint Boba's base to Mando and his sand base to Boba since it makes more sense that way. Plus I got some new boots that were repainted by Jacob leka a friend on FB. They are more accurate to how they look post S2/BOBF/S3. I feel my figure looks even better now.
I did the same. I switched out Jango’s and Mando’s as I felt the metal flooring looked better with Mando.

Got mine the other day . Guitar Fret Polish also worked to removed the weathering . I couldnt believe how sloppy it looked when I took him out of the box. I did order some of the Cape Cod Stuff , but couldnt be bothered waiting because the stock weathering was too hideous. I also repainted the right thigh armour to match better .

Attachments

• 20230604_161030.jpg
    20230604_161030.jpg
    875.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230604_161042.jpg
    20230604_161042.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230604_161145.jpg
    20230604_161145.jpg
    866.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230604_161157.jpg
    20230604_161157.jpg
    717.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230604_161207.jpg
    20230604_161207.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230605_081947.jpg
    20230605_081947.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230604_160625.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Got mine the other day . Guitar Fret Polish also worked to removed the weathering . I couldnt believe how sloppy it looked when I took him out of the box. I did order some of the Cape Cod Stuff , but couldnt be bothered waiting because the stock weathering was too hideous. I also repainted the right thigh armour to match better .
I did EXACTLY the same - tho cape cod not fret polish :D also applied some oils as weathering and some fullers on the boots and shins. He's a really gorgeous figure!

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Hey guys be careful with the rifle sling. I ended up pulling on mine when on my figure by accident and it broke the attachment piece on the chest harness. I just bought another belt now to replace it. Smh

That attachment piece does come off pretty easily when removing the rifle. It just pushes back into the holes (unless the spikes on the back of it are bent/broken).

That attachment piece does come off pretty easily when removing the rifle. It just pushes back into the holes (unless the spikes on the back of it are bent/broken).
It cracked down the middle. Then completely fell off. So now the bandolier has an empty hole in the middle.

Hmmmm Mando in the IG-12 Accessories pack promo pics looks like it has clean(er) armor.

xQ4L0IF.jpg

So S3 Mando coming too?!?! :panic: :panic:
It's the recent chrome S2 figure but they cleaned the weathering up a bit or didn't add much for the promo pics. Doubt we'll get a new one but it is HT so we'll see.

I got my Mando saturday,and I like it a lot.no idea why anyone could say it looks hideous with the weathering. But I also will try to get most of it of,lol. Other then that,I won’t futz anything

Just got my hands on new chrome armor pieces. Only ones I didn't get was the left shoulder armor and gauntlets, but I'll get a chance to get them eventually it'll most likely pop up again at some point. This way I can keep the new set untouched and my current pieces cleaned.

It's strange HT didn't update the paint of Mando's boots to be more accurate to S2 they are more worn then before. They got it right on the 1/4th scale figure. Glad I got a pair repainted. But I touched them up to look more like the 1/4th figure which is now more accurate.
the-mandalorian-and-the-child_star-wars_gallery_63f53f6640bb5.jpg
View attachment 20230623_093005.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on this figure. My seller was supposed to get it in stock last week, but I haven't heard anything yet... I sent an e-mail asking about it and I got some general reply about how pre-ordering works in their store... Yeah, thanks buddy but that wasn't the question.

I'm a patient guy, but don't go around telling me exact dates and keep totally quiet when you are not able to deliver.

I guess the wait continues...

It's strange HT didn't update the paint of Mando's boots to be more accurate to S2 they are more worn then before. They got it right on the 1/4th scale figure. Glad I got a pair repainted. But I touched them up to look more like the 1/4th figure which is now more accurate. View attachment 646364View attachment 646412
Hot toys doesn't strive for accuracy or excellence, they only care about something passing or being close enough

Hot toys doesn't strive for accuracy or excellence, they only care about something passing or being close enough
They aren't inaccurate how we have them so they didn't get it wrong per say. But it's not accurate to S2 and S3 in terms of the wear the boots have. But that's why repainting always helps.

Back