Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing (based on being a crafter, not an expert) that the actual color of the suit is a grey/brown taupe and possibly what we see on screen is the result of whatever photography is going on that day. I recall from the Hobbit movies that the camera was "bleeding" the reds out of the actors' faces, so the actors were over-made up with a lot of burgundy to counter the effect.

Then there's the problem of different dye lots and different costumes for actors and stunt people. Probably drives cosplayers and HT mad, if a color is a mix of shades. Anyway, I'm leaving my suits alone until I see enough pictures of the real thing (and even that is getting affected by lighting). Not that I ever blame anyone for modding a figure to get the look they want. Because season 2, Episode 1 that had a lot bright sunlight, the suit looked chocolate brown to me. Maybe one day the costumers can talk without getting sued.:horror
Yeah looking at this screen used prop, there’s definitely more taupe to the flightsuit. You can see the noticeable difference between the gray of his suit and the brown of his stomach wrap.

201DE124-DB5C-43C7-BD80-F21B8D201762.jpeg

Mine showed up today, and he is looking pretty darn cool! I think I'll probably leave the weathering as is too.
Only downside is the head sculpt seems a bit undersized. But oh well, they got the likeness pretty dead on at least! :lol

View attachment 629505

This is what mine looked like right out of the box (minus the Grogu sculpt). This guy is a mess. lol
I'll be spending some time getting his armor and clothing straightened out. Looks like he crashed a dang speeder bike or something. :lol
Only thing I'm thinking of swapping out later might be the jumpsuit and the cape. Overall impressive figure!

Armored Grogu for the win! :wink1::lol

Still one of the highlights of my collection :)

View attachment 629522

:thud::clap:clap

Are you saying the latest chrome figure's flight suit is made of grey material so washing it will do nothing?
There's too many Mando flight suits with varying tones for me to keep track of.

I want one that's not entirley grey and not entirely brown but somewhere between the two. Is that doable with the chrome figure?
You could try a solution of brown Rit Dyemore - supposedly for difficult fabrics. Overdyeing can give some weird results tho. But it would add more brown to the gray.

Damn, I thought you just had to soak the Chrome figure's flightsuit to wash out the grey. Seems like all the mods I want to do are just to make the chrome figure look like the V1 Beskar figure!

Are you saying the latest chrome figure's flight suit is made of grey material so washing it will do nothing?

I want one that's not entirley grey and not entirely brown but somewhere between the two. Is that doable with the chrome figure?

The chrome version is a solid gray jumpsuit that doesn’t seem to take any dye that I’ve tried. No brown to it all, and doesn’t seem to rinse to brown the way the v1 suit did. It’s just some true gray fully synthetic fabric.
This is 100% correct. If you want the more brown look, V1 Deluxe Mando + Grogu's flight suit can be soaked and turn out fairly brown.

V2 Chrome Mando is solid gray and most likely will not be adjustable for color unless you know some serious material magic.

I was going to go with the brown originally with the new chrome but I ended up liking all the matching gray with the wired cape of chrome Mando.
IMG_20230323_135023.jpg

IMG_20230321_021410.jpg

IMG_20230323_135109.jpg

Has anyone said yet that the suit is brown and gray at the same time? It’s Schrödinger’s suit
They have actually. Apparently, if a bluish hue light is hitting one part and a warmer light hits another, it will appear both grey and brown.

Damn. I guess, unless Mando does end up in an all grey flight suit this season, I’ll just airbrush some brown into it.

I’ll also ’polish’ off the weathering with the cape cod cloth and maybe hit the chrome with a diluted semi clear coat m- but that’s the scariest part of the mid for me. I have no idea how cloudy, irreversible and regrettable it could turn out.

I want one that's not entirely grey and not entirely brown but somewhere between the two. Is that doable with the chrome figure?
I washed mine a couple times, and soaked it for about 15 mins in super hot water, made absolutely no difference.
I'll probably just leave it, since his suit seems to change color every other scene anyway.

I also got rid of the fat suit underneath, not too sure if I'll keep it that way. It made everything super loose.

Attachments

• 20230323_201838.jpg
    20230323_201838.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230323_201040.jpg
    20230323_201040.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 1
I washed mine a couple times, and soaked it for about 15 mins in super hot water, made absolutely no difference.
I'll probably just leave it, since his suit seems to change color every other scene anyway.

I also got rid of the fat suit underneath, not too sure if I'll keep it that way. It made everything super loose.
I left the fat suit but cut out sections of it that were problematic. Like I cut off the shoulder section so I could properly raise the arms, and I cut around the waste so that the legs could bend properly. That's my recommendation at least.

I'm curious if anyone has tried the graphite method shown in this video?

The one thing throwing me off with this figure is that the armor is a bit too chrome.
I've also noticed that some parts appear to be more detailed on the TMS007, such as weapons and a couple accessories.

THUD!!!

and just like that...Mando and Grogu 2.0 have come "instock" at Popcultcha!!

Now with this set,TCW Anakin coming instock last week,and with Mando Luke,Ashoka and Jesse last night.. I feel as if my wallet has cried out in terror and has been suddenly silenced.
I feel something terrible has happened...

😍😍😛

Back