Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weathering is quite pronounced on mine. Do I need any particular cloth to polish after applying the cape cod treatment or will a regular microfiber one do the job?

Just going over it lightly wth a microfibre did the job for me. Mine was quite caked as well so it works out quite well that you can take off as much or as little as you like.

Does anyone have tips on dying the flight suit a more accurate brown? I've tried using Rit brown, but it just seems to rinse right off, like the fabric won't take the dye.

Does anyone have tips on dying the flight suit a more accurate brown? I've tried using Rit brown, but it just seems to rinse right off, like the fabric won't take the dye.
If it’s the same as the v1 flight suit then a 10 minute wash in a tub of soapy water did the trick for me

If it’s the same as the v1 flight suit then a 10 minute wash in a tub of soapy water did the trick for me
Do you mean you washed it first, before dying? Here's my latest attempt (new on top, dyed on bottom). The fabric accepted virtually no dye at all. I used hot hot water, rit dye (cocoa brown), and a teaspoon of dishsoap and 1/2 cup salt as directed. Soaked for a half hour. Got bupkiss from it, just a super small color shift to brown, barely perceptible.

IMG_7789.JPG

Last edited:
Do you mean you washed it first, before dying? Here's my latest attempt (new on top, dyed on bottom). The fabric accepted virtually no dye at all. I used hot hot water, rit dye (cocoa brown), and a teaspoon of dishsoap and 1/2 cup salt as directed. Soaked for a half hour. Got bupkiss from it, just a super small color shift to brown, barely perceptible.

View attachment 628942

Actually I didn’t dye mine just washed it. I put some pics on the v1 beskar mando thread. It had like a grey weathering spray over the top of the brown fabric. Not sure if v2 mando is the same tho! Pretty strange that it doesn’t take the dye at all

Last edited:
Oh man I wish mine looked like that. I'm not sure what fabric this is. It must be some type of fully synthetic, which would explain how it doesn't take the dye. I'm head scratching here. I may have to get a v1 flight suit! Just read your posts on the v1 thread, maybe I didn't let it soak long enough. I'm gonna give it another wash and let it soak for an hour.

Last edited:
Just a morning cell pic, after I got all his "badass hikes the desert with 75 lbs. of dragon meat" gear on. I'm leaving the fig as is, I like the shading effect the weathering gives. Overall IMO this is a fantastic, if pricey, set.

View attachment 629238
Yep if you’re going to carry that much crap in a hot desert your chrome armor will definitely not be shiny and pretty with a mirror finish as if you just went thru a car wash with a hot wax buff job lol

Yep if you’re going to carry that much crap in a hot desert your chrome armor will definitely not be shiny and pretty with a mirror finish as if you just went thru a car wash with a hot wax buff job lol
I really like it as is. Reminds me of all the soot on him after messing up Moff Gideon. I like the sand effect in the front soft panel too. I get why folks might want less weathering. For me it's more wondering if I should switch some capes around, since having a wired cape isn't useful really with all this gear.

And I gotta figure out the dynamics of getting that great head sculpt on my V2. :frank.

Just a morning cell pic, after I got all his "badass hikes the desert with 75 lbs. of dragon meat" gear on. I'm leaving the fig as is, I like the shading effect the weathering gives. Overall IMO this is a fantastic, if pricey, set.

View attachment 629238

Speaking of dragon meat, I kinda wished a plastic sculpted piece of it was thrown in, since we see it getting wrapped up in the episode :lol

Speaking of dragon meat, I kinda wished a plastic sculpted piece of it was thrown in, since we see it getting wrapped up in the episode :lol
LOL I've pondered how to make it so. Possibly sculpting some styrofoam and painting it to look like a huge chunk of meat. 😁

I also ponder how to make Din's gauntlet light - light up...admittedly TINY lights, but still.

Mine showed up today, and he is looking pretty darn cool! I think I'll probably leave the weathering as is too.
Only downside is the head sculpt seems a bit undersized. But oh well, they got the likeness pretty dead on at least! :lol

20230322_231240.jpg

This is what mine looked like right out of the box (minus the Grogu sculpt). This guy is a mess. lol
I'll be spending some time getting his armor and clothing straightened out. Looks like he crashed a dang speeder bike or something. :lol
Only thing I'm thinking of swapping out later might be the jumpsuit and the cape. Overall impressive figure!

View attachment 628942
I'm a little late to the game but I just upgraded my v1 deluxe version up to this newer armor and I have both clothing sets. Seeing both in hand, my v1 version I can see the layer of gray over top of an existing brown, so I'm not sure what the logistics of that decision were with Hot Toys but a wash in warm water/soap will return it to the brown color. If you want that look, you can probably still pick up that clothing set from Monkey Depot or Toy Anxiety for cheap since S2 is really desirable right now.

Season 2 is just a solid gray material, getting it retain a brown will be tough.

From the previously posted pictures though it seems the gray is more accurate to his on screen look though.

Hope that helps.

I'm a little late to the game but I just upgraded my v1 deluxe version up to this newer armor and I have both clothing sets. Seeing both in hand, my v1 version I can see the layer of gray over top of an existing brown, so I'm not sure what the logistics of that decision were with Hot Toys but a wash in warm water/soap will return it to the brown color. If you want that look, you can probably still pick up that clothing set from Monkey Depot or Toy Anxiety for cheap since S2 is really desirable right now.

Season 2 is just a solid gray material, getting it retain a brown will be tough.

From the previously posted pictures though it seems the gray is more accurate to his on screen look though.

Hope that helps.
I'm guessing (based on being a crafter, not an expert) that the actual color of the suit is a grey/brown taupe and possibly what we see on screen is the result of whatever photography is going on that day. I recall from the Hobbit movies that the camera was "bleeding" the reds out of the actors' faces, so the actors were over-made up with a lot of burgundy to counter the effect.

Then there's the problem of different dye lots and different costumes for actors and stunt people. Probably drives cosplayers and HT mad, if a color is a mix of shades. Anyway, I'm leaving my suits alone until I see enough pictures of the real thing (and even that is getting affected by lighting). Not that I ever blame anyone for modding a figure to get the look they want. Because season 2, Episode 1 that had a lot bright sunlight, the suit looked chocolate brown to me. Maybe one day the costumers can talk without getting sued.:horror

Hope that helps.
Are you saying the latest chrome figure's flight suit is made of grey material so washing it will do nothing?
There's too many Mando flight suits with varying tones for me to keep track of.

I want one that's not entirley grey and not entirely brown but somewhere between the two. Is that doable with the chrome figure?

The chrome version is a solid gray jumpsuit that doesn’t seem to take any dye that I’ve tried. No brown to it all, and doesn’t seem to rinse to brown the way the v1 suit did. It’s just some true gray fully synthetic fabric.

Are you saying the latest chrome figure's flight suit is made of grey material so washing it will do nothing?
There's too many Mando flight suits with varying tones for me to keep track of.

I want one that's not entirley grey and not entirely brown but somewhere between the two. Is that doable with the chrome figure?

Back