Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just threw out the figure, and am only displaying the Cape Cod pack, it really is gougers, shiny packaging looks great!

79p67w.jpg

FYI this is all natural lighting, no photophakery, It only took about an hr. to get the pose and lighting just right though.
Hot Toys generating more business for Cape Cod cleaning cloths than they’ve had in years.

Also, I much prefer the cleaner padding from earlier Mandos to this new V3 pad. The new version just looks so messy with all that clumpy weathering. I don't remember his torso pads looking nearly as funked up on the actual show.

View attachment 621088

View attachment 621089
The only thing I'm struggling with, with this figure is how hard it is to capture how good it looks IRL.

Super, super happy with it by damn near impossible to capture how good it is or do it any sort of justice.
You guys are giving me PTSD flashbacks to when diecast Robocop shipped as bright white chrome instead of the deeper tones shown in the prototype :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you guys are happy with him now after modifications but I don't know that I would be satisfied if he looked that bright out of the box.

You guys are giving me PTSD flashbacks to when diecast Robocop shipped as bright white chrome instead of the deeper tones shown in the prototype :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you guys are happy with him now after modifications but I don't know that I would be satisfied if he looked that bright out of the box.
Works for me:
Mando-grogu.jpg

Parts of season 2 the armor was pretty blinding. And the "smoked" weather effect IMO adds depth.
Other shows looks more like my V2 on film.

The real question is...can I stop here, or, thanks to another costume change, will HT generate more dollars out of me....probably. :lol

Im done until we get the Mandalore Coronation armor.
Can't decide if I want Mando to walk off into the sunset with or without Grogu, and finally go back to Sorgan and set up shop with the pretty widow, or end up King with really cool blackened beskar armor...

Sort of leaning to walking off into the sunset, since the character didn't seem to be into being king of anything. Anyway am still awed I WAS THERE when some major intriguing characters were introduced into SW (including Luthen Rael) which considering all the *controversial* offerings had been great, good times. 😁

Hot Toys generating more business for Cape Cod cleaning cloths than they’ve had in years.
You know somewhere the Cape Code Cloth people are high fiving in their conference room over their sales numbers and flexing about their "brilliant new marketing strategy"...that no one quite remembers starting. :)

Can't decide if I want Mando to walk off into the sunset with or without Grogu, and finally go back to Sorgan and set up shop with the pretty widow, or end up King with really cool blackened beskar armor...

Sort of leaning to walking off into the sunset, since the character didn't seem to be into being king of anything. Anyway am still awed I WAS THERE when some major intriguing characters were introduced into SW (including Luthen Rael) which considering all the *controversial* offerings had been great, good times. 😁

He is going to be Manda'lor, because one of the themes of this show is shouldering unwanted responsibility. He didnt ask for Grogu, but when he appeared Din did the right thing.

When the needs of Mandalor as a planet become more evident to him, he will step up again. He is the holder of the Darksaber and this will lend him legitimacy as a leader. Nothing is more Mandalorian than giving one's all for the Aliit.

Bo-Katan has challenged him already about his insular ways. He will step up. He may in fact have to kill her.

Din is never going to see Sorgan again. Mark my words. Even he said, "i dont belong here." Where does a Mandalorian truly belong? With his own kind.

I just threw out the figure, and am only displaying the Cape Cod pack, it really is gorgeous, shiny packaging looks great!

79p67w.jpg

FYI this is all natural lighting, no photophakery, It only took about an hr. to get the pose and lighting just right though.
Just laughed a mouth full of coffee!☕🤪

Hey thanks for the great tips you've shared @OT_Customs_ ! 👍

I can foresee you and
@CapeCodCloths beginning a new joint venture to produce....

1/6 scale Cape Cod Capes!
Imagine the connivence of having V4 Mando's brown cape made from Cape Cod's polishing cloth!

"Oh no, I got greasy fingers prints on his Beskar armor!" No problemo, just pull his Cale Cod Cape around and buff away! Brilliant!

1/6 scale Soft Moistened Cape With A Pleasant Fragrance!
Includes free collectible, displayable foil packaging.

Hey thanks for the great tips you've shared @OT_Customs_ ! 👍

I can foresee you and
@CapeCodCloths beginning a new joint venture to produce....

1/6 scale Cape Cod Capes!
Imagine the connivence of having V4 Mando's brown cape made from Cape Cod's polishing cloth!

"Oh no, I got greasy fingers prints on his Beskar armor!" No problemo, just pull his Cale Cod Cape around and buff away! Brilliant!

1/6 scale Soft Moistened Cape With A Pleasant Fragrance!
Includes free collectible, displayable foil packaging.
Hmm, or maybe we can make 1/6 scale Cape Cod Cloths so you can pose Mando cleaning his own armor?

Back