Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, rather strange. Guess they already own all tooling needed for the figures. Trickiest part would be the headsculpt.

This opens up for other upcoming releases, to be upped significantly before current release dates. Speeder and scout in March - April?

This feels too good to be true...I've had this guy preordered through Sideshow for the last month and it still says estimated shipping 4th quarter next year. I assume if this is true, they would be the first to change shipping dates? I'm quite new to this experience. Has anything like this happened before? I've heard multiple accounts of other figures getting dramatically pushed back but never of anything getting pushed up so much.

We shall see. The predictors of Cable, Ahsoka, Batgirl, Golden WW are still waiting. Hit rate isn't very good with rumors so far in the late Fall/early Winter.

Seems pretty legit with TW and all the YouTubers saying it's coming next week.

Can't say I'm thrilled about this. Was there really any need to bump it up a year ahead of schedule? Now I have to find the money for it out of the blue or sell another figure. Meanwhile figures I've had paid off for a year, two years in some cases, are still nowhere to be seen.

Seems pretty legit with TW and all the YouTubers saying it's coming next week.

Can't say I'm thrilled about this. Was there really any need to bump it up a year ahead of schedule? Now I have to find the money for it out of the blue or sell another figure. Meanwhile figures I've had paid off for a year, two years in some cases, are still nowhere to be seen.
Yeah thats super annoying. Paid off figures not shipping = dead money for us that could have been spent more wisely and free loans for Sideshow / Hot Toys…

The worst thing is the 1st version is still hanging around, both the regular and deluxe. Even with the discounted price and free shipping SS offered during Black Friday probably didn't put a dent in their remaining stock. Those are gonna be around for a loooong time sadly. Can't see any reason they would want to move this up an entire year earlier. Makes no sense. Especially since it's a year away till s3 drops. I could see the 2 Fett's being pushed up due to Book of Fett dropping in a few weeks and the inevitable slightly newer look for Boba, which means new toys and possible less desire for those previous unreleased versions (just like the s1 Beskar Mando).

I held off waiting for the S2 version, and glad I did. No amount of any discount would get me to buy the s1 version over the newer shiny s2. Between the nicer armor, head sculpt, and weapons (Darksaber & Beskar spear), makes a far superior set in my eyes. I bought the s1 Dx Grogu with Pram, flame thrower effect, his vibro Knife (and correct hand), and smeared thigh armor (for s2 Mando) parted out from TA to go with my OG Mando & IG-11. So there is nothing else I would ever need/want from that set.

If it does indeed release early, odds are it's because of the amount of molds they could recycle from prior figures and in their evaluation of production, they determined it made more since to crank it out sooner while they're just coming off production of the last one and then move onto newer stuff.

Also, this would screw over beskar season 1 owners even more lol. They were originally pissed when it had a release date of Q4 2022, but at least they could enjoy their Mando for a year before a fresh new (better) one came out.

if this comes out next week they are laughing into their faces.

Went ahead and pre-ordered. Don't know what I'll be doing with my V.1 Beskar but.

I’m not ready to preorder this when my V1 is still mostly boxed aside from Grogus. Should have sold it months ago but didn’t want to be stuck for over a year without a S2 Mando. Count me in as another bitter consumer about this near bait and switch by HT.

Crazy to think how hard to find S2 V1 was during Q1 of 2021 and now SS can barely give them away!

I'll gladly take an early release. Didn't get any of the other Mando figures and I also rather have this early than have it release when Season 3 comes out next year. By then Hot Toys will be eager to pump out whatever that season brings.

XS4DR69.jpg

The worst thing is the 1st version is still hanging around, both the regular and deluxe. Even with the discounted price and free shipping SS offered during Black Friday probably didn't put a dent in their remaining stock. Those are gonna be around for a loooong time sadly. Can't see any reason they would want to move this up an entire year earlier. Makes no sense. Especially since it's a year away till s3 drops. I could see the 2 Fett's being pushed up due to Book of Fett dropping in a few weeks and the inevitable slightly newer look for Boba, which means new toys and possible less desire for those previous unreleased versions (just like the s1 Beskar Mando).

I held off waiting for the S2 version, and glad I did. No amount of any discount would get me to buy the s1 version over the newer shiny s2. Between the nicer armor, head sculpt, and weapons (Darksaber & Beskar spear), makes a far superior set in my eyes. I bought the s1 Dx Grogu with Pram, flame thrower effect, his vibro Knife (and correct hand), and smeared thigh armor (for s2 Mando) parted out from TA to go with my OG Mando & IG-11. So there is nothing else I would ever need/want from that set.
I bought the camtono, rope w hook from the figure. I knew damn well that another Mando was coming. I played that game with Marvel. This reminds me of the Black and Red Spiderman situation. You can buy the regular now for $250, or wait for the BD one at a higher price point of $350. There is still a significant different in price and accessories for both of these figures.

I'll gladly take an early release. Didn't get any of the other Mando figures and I also rather have this early than have it release when Season 3 comes out next year. By then Hot Toys will be eager to pump out whatever that season brings.

XS4DR69.jpg
Same here. It sucks for those who have Mandos but as someone who doesn’t and this also being my first HT, I’ll very happily take that early release. if it’s a hoax, I’m fine with that to. I’m just not gonna believe it till it says so on SS and on my preorder details.

I'm still fine with having the first Beskar Mando as well. This is the better figure for sure but there are more than enough accessories to make use of both figures.

If I didn't have the V1 I'd have to leave the Pedro sculpt in the box which feels like such a waste. Now I can simply pop it on that figure.

Back