Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the-mandalorian-s3-excl.png
It's still the same color as Hoth Han's parka... ;)

I prefer mine polished up a bit. I removed maybe 85% of the weathering and I think he pops. That chrome treatment was never going to be as accurate as true alumaluster paint. But I'm happy with this. If anything I'll weather him myself with a more accurate dusty look.

View attachment 620612

View attachment 620613
Love that underlit frame! Really looks super cool

Cleaned some of the weathering off the S2 stomach pad. It looks miles better then how heavy it was at the start. It still has some weird brown staining on it but overall much more subtle.

One thing that continues to bug me about these Mando figures is how the rifle attaches to the front of the bandolier. I broke that stupid plastic peg off on this one and while I pondered contacting Sideshow it was I who ultimately broke it so I'm not going to return it. I'm able to make it appear attached without the peg so I'll live with it. A strong magnet would've been so much easier...

One thing that continues to bug me about these Mando figures is how the rifle attaches to the front of the bandolier. I broke that stupid plastic peg off on this one and while I pondered contacting Sideshow it was I who ultimately broke it so I'm not going to return it. I'm able to make it appear attached without the peg so I'll live with it. A strong magnet would've been so much easier...
Yes, HT are all over the shop when it comes to fasteners. Velcro, buttons, magnets, they have been using all of them since nearly day 1 but they are so inconsistent makes me think the project managers have their favorites and refuse to be practical about it.

Absolutely no need for Din to have his helmet off on that cover.

Looks like Pedro had reached that level were he needs to have his face everywhere.
The same thing happened in the MCU, by the time Endgame was released it was just posters of RDJ's face and not the characters.
FYI 2008 Empire magazine cover
7aubvi.jpg

Mando season 3 posters

Last edited:
Rewatching seasons one and two just now it strikes me the Beskar never looks quite as shiny and reflective as this chrome.

I wonder if the inevitable Season three Mando figure will be more of a happy medium between the V1 and V2 Beskar.

I was originally going to pass on this release because I didn't want 2 Season Two Mandos, but glad I didn't. The chrome Mando is spectacular, especially after giving it the Cape Cod treatment. I also did some mix & match with my other Beskar Mando to get two cool looks. I prefer the chrome version, but kept my custom thigh and knee pad on it, which I think is more accurate.
IMG_1962.jpg
IMG_1963.jpg
IMG_1966.jpg

Back