Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a custom Dark Saber
DA49E720-1D7C-4D88-8981-261BFAE3AC93.jpeg

Made a custom Dark Saber
View attachment 534379
da49e720-1d7c-4d88-8981-261bfae3ac93-jpeg.534379
e64937bfc6851a003cd1935bd4209289.gif

Hah! Don't know if was by accident^, but I can't unsee the 80s Excalibur lighting in your pic. (if you saw the film you know exactly what I'm talking about).
If so, that's some kismet, since the theme does play into what they are building towards, as far as a symbol and who gets to rule.
5jcz47.gif

5jczvg.gif

Although as far as ruling Mandalor, I still think Mando walks from it all.
S1 & S2 though the quest was saving the Yoby, also had an underlying theme of building his full armor and gear, while simultaneously chipping away at it, and the dogmatic "ways" that come with it, successively compromising the rules, discovering other Mando's and other ways, to culminating in removing his own helmet, for something more important.
8f63e7b1-3e36-45af-8b11-ca93df780916-jpeg.529284

Like the helmet, The Darksaber is likely just another symbol and "way", that he's going to have to "own", and then transcend for a greater good.

Although (with that cape flow and chrome finish) he does rule this display... :wink1:
JZ0iAg8.jpg

Last edited:
Did you airbrush it straight on ? Or primer first ?

Any final clear coat ?

Would be great if you could give a few more details. Thanks.
Yes it's airbrushed.

Started off by cleaning armor with soap and water.
Then light wet sanding (4-6K grit)
Rinse and dry
Airbrush Alclad gloss black - want to make sure to do multiple light coats but end result should be so shinny you can see your self in it
Then let that dry (12-24 hrs) and airbrush alcad chrome say technique, multiple light coats till you get the level of chrome you want.
FYI, the more coats you put on the more it will start to look "silver" or "Aluminum"
Let that dry roughtly 30 minutes to an hour then take a camera lense brush or new make up brush (something with very soft bristles) to dust off the chrome dust (aka buff it)
Then let it dry 12-24 hrs and use alclad aqua gloss to clear coat. Again multiple light coats to get the shine you want without dulling the chrome finish.

Let dry 12-24 hrs and then reassemble your chrome version Mando!!

I liked that call back to ROTJ, when Gideon attacked Mano as he was picking up Grogu - "It is unwise to lower your defenses!" :rotfl

What are we looking at there? ^ His ears look more down? Which figure does that one come with?
It's hard to tell at this point, all the Grogus have become such a blur.
Is this (sad faced Grogu) the one that comes with Chrome Mando regular? Is that a reissue?
The Deluxe has the more smiley ears swept back Grogu? To go with the speeder bike?
the-mandalorian-and-grogu_star-wars_gallery_60d6049be8351.jpg

swoop-bike_star-wars_gallery_60d6054b631c3.jpg

I'm at a loss, has anyone cataloged all the Grogus?
Also do any have both arms swivel?

Last edited:
I liked that call back to ROTJ, when Gideon attacked Mano as he was picking up Grogu - "It is unwise to lower your defenses!" :rotfl
That part broke immersion for me because it was clear that Gideon had no idea he should go for the non Beskar covered parts of Din lol. He attacked the jetpack first!

That part broke immersion for me because it was clear that Gideon had no idea he should go for the non Beskar covered parts of Din lol. He attacked the jetpack first!
You can tell Gideon is a man of knowledge and an expert of the galaxy's history (although knew nothing about beskar apparently), he was trying to replicate the "Boba Fett? Where???" incident.

Last edited:
Just got this headsculpt today and it nice (Had to do some touch up on the hair but I really like the look of the sculpt)
FYI I suck at photoshop and lazy so I just pull a background from my monitor to take photos
3CA36E06-34F2-4385-8B6A-39C50065615D.jpeg

Attachments

• 22C9F74A-4B95-4958-84B4-5ACD4566F297.jpeg
    22C9F74A-4B95-4958-84B4-5ACD4566F297.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 16EEC00A-9030-43C3-BA15-B2DF58CECFCC.jpeg
    16EEC00A-9030-43C3-BA15-B2DF58CECFCC.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 410
  • 0594F4A0-3175-4D8B-91E7-5EC4B85E48BB.jpeg
    0594F4A0-3175-4D8B-91E7-5EC4B85E48BB.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 424
Ahaah yeah i can't unsee it now but o'well i can kinda see Pedro in some angles
I see Pedro Pascal too, it's weird it comes and goes, who ever sculpted it for you definitely captured aspects of it.
Love your NitMoI resilience to have the full figure, despite the later release. And you get to have him in hand.
Wasn't there a 1/6 for his character (Pero Tovar) from The Great Wall?
You've added the Darksaber, Beskar-Spear, update thigh guard, head sculpt, forget did you chrome plate your armor?

Last edited:
I see Pedro Pascal too, it's weird it comes and goes, who ever sculpted it for you definitely captured aspects of it.
Love your NitMoI resilience to have the full figure, despite the later release. And you get to have him in hand.
Wasn't there a 1/6 for his character (Pero Tovar) from The Great Wall?
You've added the Darksaber, Beskar-Spear, update thigh guard, head sculpt, forget did you chrome plate your armor?
Yeah i made the Spear, Dark Saber and Thigh Armor.
I didn't chrome the armor on this one, i want to do a comparisons when the chrome on release.
I have not seen the GreatWall film yet and I am getting the new Mando figure already paid for it.
I love making customs on things i like so if doesn't bother me that i'm essentially paying for a figure that i captured the looks of.

Sold off S1 Beskar Mando Dx. Now I wait for this version which will be my definitive one. S2 I feel was just better imo maybe because they brought back classic characters but I don't care it was great and if the series ended with just S2 I would be happy.

Sold off S1 Beskar Mando Dx. Now I wait for this version which will be my definitive one. S2 I feel was just better imo maybe because they brought back classic characters but I don't care it was great and if the series ended with just S2 I would be happy.
Did you hold on to the hover-pram, Mythosaurs necklace, camtono, stack of Beskar, whistling birds...?
Or sold it with everything it came with? Actually I can no longer remember offhand which figure comes with what? I think this one has fewer. yet makes up for it in many other ways.

Did you hold on to the hover-pram, Mythosaurs necklace, camtono, stack of Beskar, whistling birds...?
Or sold it with everything it came with? Actually I can no longer remember offhand which figure comes with what? I think this one has fewer. yet makes up for it in many other ways.
With everything you mentioned. I honestly didn't use them as much I'm ok with just the standard version for this. Plus the spear and Darksaber are stuff I'll definitley display him with.

Back