1/6 Hot Toys - TMS047 - Star Wars The Mandalorian - Artillery Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did this many people make fun of the Phase one coloring on the clones when they came out? Or the blue, red and orange coloring of the HT 501st, Cody and Shock Trooper? Just seems like people have never seen colored up troopers before. :lol
Just doesn’t suit the Stormtrooper design imo.

Did this many people make fun of the Phase one coloring on the clones when they came out? Or the blue, red and orange coloring of the HT 501st, Cody and Shock Trooper? Just seems like people have never seen colored up troopers before. :lol
It's not the colors, or even it being yellow. I think it's more the shade of yellow. And just after following the red one. And the fact that their paint apps are identical.

Hence the Ketchup & Mustard troopers... :lol

Put them with a regular and we have some mayo... :monkey3

I just Hot Toys sees the lacklustre sales of this figure, and realise they should try a few aliens.....like Black Krrsantan or Bossk or Greedo or well anything.....

Actually thinking about it, that's a positive with Book of Boba, the lack of the Imperials gives us alternative baddies !

I love my troopers, but nice to have a change for once.

Last edited:
It was a simple repaint for HT. I have no interest in this one but if eventually available at a significant discount, I may get one.

I will say that the Incinerator Trooper just looks more believable. Perhaps because we've seen red marked troopers before. Perhaps its the weapon he utilizes. I agree with loki above, in that the shade of yellow is just so stark. Also, the mortar just seems so out of place in Star Wars, to me.

I like this more than the incinerator. I just felt the Incinerator would have looked much better with heavy soot weathering. This one need more weathering as well but I guess both were like that in the show.

I just Hot Toys sees the lacklustre sales of this figure, and realise they should try a few aliens.....like Black Krrsantan or Bossk or Greedo or well anything.....

Actually thinking about it, that's a positive with Book of Boba, the lack of the Imperials gives us alternative baddies !

They don't need to generate a tonne of orders to turn a good profit from these. Hope to see at least 5 alien figs from BoBF!

But more Tuskens!

They’ve gone from mustard trooper to ‘artillery trooper’ on the box for this, just as they went from stormtrooper commander to squad leader recently.

I am tempted by this having originally thought it looked horrible. The mortar, yellow pauldron and backpack and exclusive to this ain’t they?

I wound up ordering this a while back because the mortar looked pretty awesome. I wish it came with a regular blaster but I'll live without that or can just pick one up somewhere.

I meant if it was the artillery trooper (all the equipment etc) but they didn’t have the yellow.
i know that’s a show/design choice, but I wish they would keep that out of it. Have a small insignia or something…a pauldron I don’t know. But the colouring on this and the flametrooper looks AWFUL.
Because you think it looks awful doesn't mean it does.

Because you think it looks awful doesn't mean it does.
Yes you are right…I should have said:
“The mustard and ketchup colouring and style look awful TO ME”.

if you like it that’s perfectly fine. We are allowed to say yay or nay on these things.

The colouring is fine. Both, however, need more weathering. The "scratches" on the red/yellow paint and the lack of black/brown/grey marks make the current weathering look cheap. It should have started with the costumes.

Yeah. The problem isn't the color scheme, but the pristine condition of their armor and overall complete lack of detail painting.

200 (18).gif

I didn’t notice any of those troopers exiting that ship on Tython to be scuffed up or dirty though. From what I can tell the pristine condition of the armor is accurate to the scene.

Maybe HT will release a few regular Stormies with some grime to represent some mid battle troopers. I didn’t notice it on the Artillery trooper though.

Last edited:
I like the Incinerator Trooper. It's quite a striking colour scheme on display, and the colours make sense: red = hot = danger.

The yellow for the Artillery Trooper didn't make that kind of innate sense, and neither did the idea of the mortar itself.

As for the use of colours themselves, it makes sense visually so commanders can spot the positions of their unique troop types in a combat situation.

Back