1/6 Hot Toys - TMS047 - Star Wars The Mandalorian - Artillery Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mustard.jpg

I'm usually in agreement with everyone else about hating trooper variants...and I still don't really like the color but I really like the gear he comes with and some of these poses look awesome. I PO'd already at Timewalker lol.

I’m tempted to preorder from HK for $206. Get him a little sooner so I can sauce things up a bit around here. Make some of those mustard lovers drool.

Am I the only one getting the McVibe from this? He looks like he'll be in a happy meal. Surprised a small fries isn't one of the accessories with McTrooper here....

I can understand the flamethrower. Aside from its wartime use in clearing bunkers, it's also a weapon of terror. The threat of its use might be enough to encourage quick surrender.

German flammenwerfer operators didn't expect to be treated well by the Russians if it was known what their speciality was!

However, the mortar seems a step too far. I looked on Wookieepedia to see if there was any detail about their in-universe function, but there's nothing beyond relating that they're an indirect fire weapon. As such it's indiscriminate and wasteful until the target has been calculated from the initial misses. In a universe of intelligent machines a target-seeking missile would seem to be more appropriate.

Star Wars isn't a logical scientific universe though, but a fantastical one of contradiction.

e.g.,

This exactly.

So looking at the backpack in the pics, this “Mustard Mortar” trooper can fire 4 shells max, 3 wasted honing in on the target and one to blow the target away, assuming the target doesn’t move. Then if that fails Mustie has 2 grenades (on one side of the pack) which he can lob at mid range and maybe a small yellow bean bag thing from the middle of the backpack (assuming he is close enough). After that I guess he can go home coz nobody thought to give him a gun. I suspect this lame-ass trooper is less dangerous than the “Porcelain” trooper. (SPOILER: Rumour has it the Porcelain trooper will feature in Mando Season 3, serving tea to Grand Admiral Thrawn + dignitaries).

Am I the only one getting the McVibe from this? He looks like he'll be in a happy meal. Surprised a small fries isn't one of the accessories with McTrooper here....

Apparently you are not aware as to how awesome these two will look on display together.

0D78E64D-0102-41C6-B166-C8265490CA84.jpeg

If they base their decision on FB comments alone, Kuiil won't have a chance either :( I hope he's next.

Looking at the geniuses posting here it seems like they really think their posts will convince hot toys to not release certain figures. Sales will determine the choices hot toys make not trolls on sideshow forum. The incinerator Trooper obviously did well enough to warrant hot toys making this so no amount of whining will be effective.

HT only makes the figure. It's the showrunners who introduced the trooper.

So looking at the backpack in the pics, this ?Mustard Mortar? trooper can fire 4 shells max, 3 wasted honing in on the target and one to blow the target away, assuming the target doesn?t move. Then if that fails Mustie has 2 grenades (on one side of the pack) which he can lob at mid range and maybe a small yellow bean bag thing from the middle of the backpack (assuming he is close enough). After that I guess he can go home coz nobody thought to give him a gun. I suspect this lame-ass trooper is less dangerous than the ?Porcelain? trooper. (SPOILER: Rumour has it the Porcelain trooper will feature in Mando Season 3, serving tea to Grand Admiral Thrawn + dignitaries).

:lol yes with this guy and the porcelain trooper HT Star Wars is well on their way to having a company/line of troopers even more impotent than the one's that can't shoot straight.

If there's a shore or a palm tree the Empire has to deploy Shoretroopers.

If there's sand but no shore or palm trees, then it's Sandtroopers.

For snow, of course, it's Snowtroopers.

For most other situations a regular Stormtrooper would suffice. However, they were found to hopeless every time they had to assault a dining room, museum or China factory where willow pattern was a dominant theme. They just stood out like sore thumbs and got picked off.

Therefore, a crack unit of Porcelain Pattern Stormtroopers was formed. In the aforementioned dining rooms, museums and factories they were masters of disguise and triumphed in every battle without a single loss.

:yess:

I'm sure HT are well aware that this trooper won't sell as much units as some other characters but their costs of making him are so low, they can turn a good profit with lower orders. I hope we they get this out before the end of the year.

Back