Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just wouldn’t be Disney without the new female character being elevated at the expense and humiliation of a male legacy character. And thus the great downfall of Boba Fett began.

I'm pretty sure his downfall began almost 40 yrs ago at the expense of a blind dude swinging a stick...

Yeah, I've never really understood the protective circle people form around Boba. In ESB all he does is walk around, and in ROTJ all he does is get knocked into a pit to be eaten by a blind guy after having his blaster cut in half by a Jedi.

He looked cool, but he never did anything cool. Ever since I was 6 years old, I never understood why people had this obsession with Boba. The books are what made him stand out. But that's certainly not enough to make him be some untouchable legacy character. Not like that matters to Disney anyway.

It just wouldn’t be Disney without the new female character being elevated at the expense and humiliation of a male legacy character. And thus the great downfall of Boba Fett began.

Poor Boba missed out on his weekly WWE catch-up while he was down in the Sarlacc so he forgot the appropriate reversal for a spinning- jet pack assisted- tornado DDT.

I dont really think this scene is that bad: this is the guy who just beat down about ten Stormies and then blew up their dropship. Is he more than capable of killing Koska and even Bo? Sure he is. He did not kill them because he found them both amusing. This scene was him basically fooling around. [He did warn Bo about insulting Jango tho. He didn't like that at all.]

"The humiliation of a male legacy character" really happens with that rabbit droid scene. I am still not over it, and I will never be over the absolute fury THIS ONE SCENE makes me feel. Close runner up: the "OMG I can't get Slave 1 out of the hangar!" scene. WTAF.

I throw 75% of BoBF right out of my head-canon. I dont miss it at all.

I’m glad to be at a point where I’m perfectly happy to apply selective memory to the majority of the franchise media I consume like a good puppy.
I take everything that happens now as if it were ‘legends’ / The Expanded universe. It’a all ‘What If…’ to me.
If I like it, it sticks or maybe I’ll enjoy a character and will build a different story around them than what was told by Disney.

I think Disney will slowly start to find the right footing for their shows.
They’re too arrogant to ever publicly acknowledge constructive criticism as anything other than vitriolic manbaby istaphobes trolling from their parents’ basements but they sure as hell hear/read the reviews and see the viewership figures. They know what’s working, what fails miserably and what makes fans roll their eyes and turn off the tv. Eventually they’ll smarten up and prioritise hiring storytellers over whatever the current ‘creative’ teams are supposed to be

I’m glad to be at a point where I’m perfectly happy to apply selective memory to the majority of the franchise media I consume like a good puppy.
I take everything that happens now as if it were ‘legends’ / The Expanded universe. It’a all ‘What If…’ to me.
If I like it, it sticks or maybe I’ll enjoy a character and will build a different story around them than what was told by Disney.

I think Disney will slowly start to find the right footing for their shows.
They’re too arrogant to ever publicly acknowledge constructive criticism as anything other than vitriolic manbaby istaphobes trolling from their parents’ basements but they sure as hell hear/read the reviews and see the viewership figures. They know what’s working, what fails miserably and what makes fans roll their eyes and turn off the tv. Eventually they’ll smarten up and prioritise hiring storytellers over whatever the current ‘creative’ teams are supposed to be

It just sucks when 80%+ needs to be purged from memory.

I certainly hope that you are right about Disney acknowledging their failures (even quietly) and producing quality content in the SW universe. I hope that they don't infect the second season of "Andor". I truly am disappointed that there is no new episode to enjoy tomorrow.

Wait….. there was a Boba Fett show?
Sadly not no. They never made a Boba Fett series.
The last we ever saw of him, Boba had just killed Bib Fortuna and taken the throne. Fennec had just taken a perch beside him, giving him a "I want you" smile and hits the bottle.
What happens next is a complete mystery and Robert Rodriguez never ever made anything Boba Fett related. Ever.

And just last that, Jango’s been dethroned as my Figure of 2022.

58BAB1E1-7713-4315-811A-1422C32EB5EE.jpeg

Sadly not no. They never made a Boba Fett series.
The last we ever saw of him, Boba had just killed Bib Fortuna and taken the throne. Fennec had just taken a perch beside him, giving him a "I want you" smile and hits the bottle.
What happens next is a complete mystery and Robert Rodriguez never ever made anything Boba Fett related. Ever.

What happens next isn't a mystery! The palace is stormed, by two red-blooded people of.... questionable morals who are sympatico with each other, they both take what they want - one of them at least is swigging alcohol, there's a now-empty penthouse upstairs, it does not take a crystal ball to figure out what should happen next. I say SHOULD.

I will leave it there lest MyenShi accuse me of writing fanfics again. :sneaky: What we GOT was Fennec looking down her nose at Boba as if he were an awkward high school freshman and she a senior on the cusp of graduating.

Back