Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually just found you Instagram. It’s been so long since I’ve been wowed by someone’s pictures. If I didn’t have so much on payment plan I’d get this figure and try (and definitely fail) to copy your poses. Just outstanding work!
Thanks, man! Too many great figures out there, not enough money or shelf space to go around 🤣

Thanks, man! Too many great figures out there, not enough money or shelf space to go around 🤣

how i met your mother mcdonalds GIF

You've probably got enough shelf space for at least another Stormtrooper... Just sayin.

Time is money, right? So if you calculate the amount of time you've Photoshopped additional Stormtroopers into your pictures, I think you would've paid yourself enough to buy another Stormtrooper figure by now.

You've probably got enough shelf space for at least another Stormtrooper... Just sayin.

Time is money, right? So if you calculate the amount of time you've Photoshopped additional Stormtroopers into your pictures, I think you would've paid yourself enough to buy another Stormtrooper figure by now.
🤣 you’re not wrong!

How hard is it to remove and replace neck pegs? I wish they just made them all the same size.

Maybe they should send you new figures to promote instead of the CG heavy blogger pics!Now that would be super cool!!!
I must say that their blogger photographer Yunaitou does really stunning photos typically with simple backdrops and without getting caught up in the compositing and CG. I think his work for them is my favorite.

Speaking of effects…I picked up one of these little LED lights with adjustable white balance, brightness, and option to pick any of 360 colors. I think it’ll be great for adding in-camera muzzle flashes, light saber glows, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MDQ3CJY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
5E024136-ADF8-477E-B971-E735134F64C9.jpeg

I used it here to add some red light spill on Mando from his blaster, some yellow light spill on Bo-Katan’s blaster and illumination on her jetpack fire so when I add the gunfire in Photoshop it looks more realistic :) Nothing crazy, just a subtle little thing to help sell the simple effects.

DSC_0167.jpg

Speaking of effects…I picked up one of these little LED lights with adjustable white balance, brightness, and option to pick any of 360 colors. I think it’ll be great for adding in-camera muzzle flashes, light saber glows, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MDQ3CJY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 618273

I used it here to add some red light spill on Mando from his blaster, some yellow light spill on Bo-Katan’s blaster and illumination on her jetpack fire so when I add the gunfire in Photoshop it looks more realistic :) Nothing crazy, just a subtle little thing to help sell the simple effects.

View attachment 618272
That’s awesome but annoying. I got one of these but it didn’t do half the things this one does. At least it’s cheap! Nice tip!

That’s awesome but annoying. I got one of these but it didn’t do half the things this one does. At least it’s cheap! Nice tip!
Yeah I was all set to return the thing if it didn’t do the things it promised, but this one’s actually great and very easy to use too! I’m already thinking I could use a second one.

Re: Hot Toys - TMS - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Some folks display their extra head sculpts next to the figures (eg. Iron Man, Captain America). Always felt a bit odd to me to have a realistic disembodied head on the shelf next to the full figure. Pop it on a clothed 1/6 body or something.

:lol Yeah I do think it can look a bit strange too at times. Come to think of it, it'd be neat if HT included a mini-bust (or separate mini stand) to display either of the head sculpts for figures with multiple head sculpt options. It'd make having both displayed worthwhile and not have them just sitting in the box :lol

Back