Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... Why am I so meh on this suddenly? I waited months and eh.....

I'm feeling like that with all Star Wars figures now.

Disney overkill.

I'm inching closer to cancelling all my Star Wars pre-orders, even including the ROTJ Scout Trooper. Wish I hadn't paid the final balance on the Boba twin pack now.

It's a seismic shift because it's been a favourite for so long, in spite of what Lucas did to it in 1999. I think it could be liberating to leave it behind.

:devil

I'm feeling like that with all Star Wars figures now.

Disney overkill.

I'm inching closer to cancelling all my Star Wars pre-orders, even including the ROTJ Scout Trooper. Wish I hadn't paid the final balance on the Boba twin pack now.

It's a seismic shift because it's been a favourite for so long, in spite of what Lucas did to it in 1999. I think it could be liberating to leave it behind.

:devil
You've OD'd on the cheap, tasteless bad stuff and it's tainted the flavour of the good stuff.

You've OD'd on the cheap, tasteless bad stuff and it's tainted the flavour of the good stuff.

I survived the cheap, tasteless PT.

The Disney era is becoming hard to stomach.

Even the After Eight Mint known as Andor...

monty-pythons-meaning-of-life_press_1.jpg

It would be nice to go back to a time when there were only three films.

l-intro-1656888237.jpg

I did a thing.

And I do feel liberated.

Star Wars collectors unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains pre-orders. :lol

There are things coming up in 1/6 that I'm really looking forward to, so I'm not losing interest in the hobby. Just the endless nature of Star Wars.

47988C19-2FFA-48AA-B2D7-574DEEDE9CAA.jpeg

sent this to my buddy before i fell asleep.. things were getting desperate out here.

she looks amazing imo. lately all the blogger photos seem a bit off and it ends up better in person, and this already looks fantastic.

damn… now what am I going to do with my life. this wait has become part of my routine, if i’m not going to be spamming “bo katan when” everywhere then what is my purpose.

jokes aside this is really the most hyped ive been for a figure in quite a while. has felt like a major missing piece in the collection so i’m glad she’s finally dropping.

.... Why am I so meh on this suddenly? I waited months and eh.....
Don't cancel her just yet. I'm sure you'll change your tune after seeing Mando S3.

But I totally agree with what others have said about tiring of Disney Star Wars.

Mando is still one of my favourite SW periods, that and Rogue One. So I'll limit myself to getting a few more from those areas then I'll be slowing down for sure.

705E13E3-CC07-4314-8D6D-64D9E6D1A1C9.jpeg

CA86114E-96A6-4F96-A2E5-E4240EA6F792.jpeg

946553C8-29EB-43F5-AE5A-48A777425780.jpeg

incredible. awesome character and awesome figure. i definitely understand some of you getting burnt out waiting for well over 600 days for a figure, but i’m sure everyone will be hyped to have her in the collection come mando S3.

Helmet looks slightly big, but nothing egregious. Sculpt does seem to be tweaked a little to me. Overall looks very nice to me. I’m excited for this figure. Hope some in hand pics start popping up soon.

I know a lot of people just kind of lost excitement for this one and that's 100% understandable, but I'm excited now that we know she's just around the corner.

Jesse shouldn't have a long delay, simple paint on an existing sculpt. Vaughn is about a 98% recycled clone, so he should be even faster. Hopefully things start amping up a bit. I know it may not go that way, but in my head it does. :pray:

Pretty much what was advertised with the proto. Hoped for a slight improvement on the HS but this will do even though i wouldn't give it more than a 8.5/10.

Having this Poed at KG Hobby, i'll likely have to wait another 6 months to see it with my own eyes and give final judgement.

3E857A99-C809-4187-A64E-C329F8DF42D4.png

great comparison with the prototype from brothercousins stream.

idk if it’s the lighting, the paint, the camera lens, the sculpt, all of the above, or what specifically is improved… all i know is that final product shot looks way better.

I should note that my lack of excitement for this figure does not mean I am not capable of greatly enjoying other figures.

I really anticipated Bo, preordered and I ended up cancelling.

I did NOT preorder Echo and that figure hangs the moon, imo. He is just a boss.

I cant wait to get my hands on Vaughn, and Jesse and Hunter will eventually make landfall here too.

We will see about Bo, I dunno. One thing I do think is that season 3 of Mandalorian has been delayed toooooooooooooooo long and thats kinda dangerous for a few reasons. i am also very annoyed about the fact that TBB as been delayed like three times already. "Like that, do you? Good. We gonna make you wait five years." I have been known to cut my losses when companies get arrogant like that.

View attachment 607825

idk if it’s the lighting, the paint, the camera lens, the sculpt, all of the above, or what specifically is improved… all i know is that final product shot looks way better.
I think it's just more flattering lighting and maybe the paintwork is better. The sculpt seems identical to me but it's not bad, just not a 10/10.

I'm not a photo guy, so it could definitely be the lighting, but the chin looks to be touched up just a tiny bit. Either way, I'm happy with it and can't wait to add this one to the collection.

I think it's more the lighting in this photo
View attachment 607825

It's more the lighting in this photo - at least to my eyes. The sculpt looks nearly identical to me. Which is fine as i have no issues with that. Skin looks a bit softer, and the chin and cheekbones looks a bit more emphasized as well but again, that must just be lighting. I was hoping her eyes would pop a bit more but again i think this looks great as is.

Can't wait to get the product in hand or other photo's to start trickling in.

I'm not a photo guy, so it could definitely be the lighting, but the chin looks to be touched up just a tiny bit. Either way, I'm happy with it and can't wait to add this one to the collection.
Maybe they did tweak it slightly. It does seem a little more feminine and look more like Katie Sackhoff than the prototype...

bo-katancomparison.jpg

I think the delay was worth it..the actress is not would most say the typical SW beauty to begin with. So IMO they nailed her likeness as the character mind you.

This is one release that was a delay that had positive results..now I have extreme high hopes for the Mando Jedi Luke and S2 chrome Mando since they were also delayed :lecture

IMO if HT delaying..means they decided to fix things from the proto..then I’m all in.

Last edited:
Maybe they did tweak it slightly. It does seem a little more feminine and look more like Katie Sackhoff than the prototype...

View attachment 607835
This comparison photo definitely proves my previous suspicion that the cheek bones and chin are a bit more emphasized. I thought it was the lighting but this shows it was clearly improved upon from the prototype.

The eyes also look a tad more realistic to me as well. Looks solid. Great looking figure!

Back