Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares if a HT body gets stained, how often do you redress a HT? I never have. I view these bodies as mere armatures. I did tuck a tiny bit of Saran under Nomad's chin to keep the robe from staining his headsculpt. Otherwise, meh.
I fretted more when I was less experienced. Now, I just roll with all the inevitable little repairs.

And I am not saying that folks shouldn't be upset when their pricey fig has an issue - kudos to SSC for sending me a new left gauntlet when that little silver piece was just stuck, and no way to get it out without mangling/damaging it.

But, getting dye stains on a head sculpt or neck can be pretty problematic😑😑😑

Quick question, what did you put around Nomad Boba's neck there Endor ? My robe tends to ride up and sometimes doesn't look so natural.

Or does that rounded fabric come from under the robe ?
same question, following.
its from under the robe
Straight from the box....

E688AB9D-DEFF-459C-9A9D-7A1342C455D4.jpeg

Right out of the box, the round collar was hidden under the robe. After looking at some reference shots of him in different scenes, I noticed the collar was exposed and laying over the robe. So, I just pulled out the collar so it lays on top of the robe. Simple fix.

I didn't do anything else other than futz the hood, and robe a bit. The collar was quite flat from being under the robe. I just made sure to press it down away from his chin and neck. That's about it, guess I got lucky, Lol. 😉

Last edited:
Wish I could find one of those stands. This set itself.. I dunno. It’s cool yeah, but I’m not that big of a Boba Fett fan in the first place. If anything I might just get the single figure but I kind of lost the hype for it. Looks cool, but not really essential to me beyond that. We don’t see much of the armor in this state really.

Wish I could find one of those stands. This set itself.. I dunno. It’s cool yeah, but I’m not that big of a Boba Fett fan in the first place. If anything I might just get the single figure but I kind of lost the hype for it. Looks cool, but not really essential to me beyond that. We don’t see much of the armor in this state really.
Once in a while you can find the Sideshow Besin base on eBay.

Straight from the box....

View attachment 587718

Right out of the box, the round collar was hidden under the robe. After looking at some reference shots of him in different scenes, I noticed the collar was exposed and laying over the robe. So, I just pulled out the collar so it lays on top of the robe. Simple fix.

I didn't do anything else other than futz the hood, and robe a bit. The collar was quite flat from being under the robe. I just made sure to press it down away from his chin and neck. That's about it, guess I got lucky, Lol. 😉
R.gif
that looks almost real.

Here's how the unmasked headsculpt looks on the ROTJ Deluxe Boba Fett Hot Toys. Incredible sculpt that actually fits on the ROTJ Fett body without too much issue (though I did need to soften up the neck connector in boiling water a little as it's a tight fit) - the head might be a little too cool and collected to work with the Sarlacc diorama though!

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 0
Mine still hasn't arrived from Planet Action Figures in the UK yet. I'm not too anxious, as it'll just go into storage when it arrives, but this seems like a very long wait.
Anyone from the UK got theirs yet?

Mine still hasn't arrived from Planet Action Figures in the UK yet. I'm not too anxious, as it'll just go into storage when it arrives, but this seems like a very long wait.
Anyone from the UK got theirs yet?

I'm waiting on a load of things ordered through his FB group. Prices are good (much better than the actual site), but to keep costs down due to the low value of Sterling he's having stock sent by the slow boat from China. It can be a few months after paying the invoice by the time he receives the stock. Then you have to wait for him to get the time to box the items up for final delivery.

I used him a lot during the worst of Covid when airmail was messed up, but now it's just as well to order from Kit instead

Who cares if a HT body gets stained, how often do you redress a HT? I never have. I view these bodies as mere armatures. I did tuck a tiny bit of Saran under Nomad's chin to keep the robe from staining his headsculpt. Otherwise, meh.

I agree, and I think most people don’t care about the bodies. Just the head and neck areas.

I would avoid using supermarket cling wrap. If it’s not archival safe, you don’t want it making contact with figures and collectibles for long periods.

I would use a piece of archival safe plastic instead. Cut some out from an acid free jewelry bag if you have any. Or a piece from a trading card sleeve would work as well.

Back