Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indoor shot:

REARMED.jpg

Been a while since I've had a great time with a figure set. Can't stop staring at them - both so amazing.

AMONG THE TUSKENS.jpg

Last edited:
This is going to sound blasphemous but I STILL haven't opened this set,Rex and the Shoretrooper Squad Leader.
With Jango,Ashoka and Snowspeeder Luke all arriving within 3 weeks of each other,I've pushed some unboxings to the side.
sigh

Just between us (and anyone else reading this), I have dozens of figures sitting unopened.

It’s difficult because you want to find the right time to do it. Really get into it and enjoy it. But when they all pile up you need a lot of time for it.

I think it happens to more of us than it seems.

I do the same thing, but don't have a lot unopened. I want the figures as fast as financially possible (lol), but when it comes to opening them I want to be able to take my time and enjoy it. I try and make it a special ritual, and get the most out of it. So some figures end up waiting a week or two.

Just between us (and anyone else reading this), I have dozens of figures sitting unopened.

It’s difficult because you want to find the right time to do it. Really get into it and enjoy it. But when they all pile up you need a lot of time for it.

I dunno. I'm typically either hyped to open it up straight away, or not.

If not, then the question if the figure should stay in the collection is pretty strong.

Got mine today, really great set. I have a question though, should both figures have the scarf/ruff thing as I only appear to have one on the armoured version.

Check out the background of this video, looks like Tem has this set. Always wondered if he sees all the products with his likeness, especially Hot Toys.

Not sure if posted before but thought it was cool to see.

That’s awesome, thanks for that. I love seeing that sort of stuff as well. The actors probably always get free copies sent to them.

Check out the background of this video, looks like Tem has this set. Always wondered if he sees all the products with his likeness, especially Hot Toys.

Not sure if posted before but thought it was cool to see.

I like seeing pictures of the actors with figures collectors own when they take them to get autographed.

I do remember seeing somewhere that someone had taken this set to get autographed by him and he was very positive about it.

Temuera Morrison is great though. Love this video of him.

What’s with the paper behind the cloth that hangs from his waist? Are we supposed to remove it? Or does it serve some kind of purpose?

Don't remove it. It acts as interfacing for the cloth in front.

Interfacing is a fabric (or paper) which is used to make certain parts of a garment more stable. It is used as an additional layer which is applied to the inside of garments, such as collars, cuffs, waistbands and pockets, helping to add firmness, shape, structure, and support to the clothes.

It's use here may seem minimal but it does help somewhat.

While I'm here, another "Tython"-inspired outdoor shot:

ARMED ON TYTHON.jpg

Got mine today, really great set. I have a question though, should both figures have the scarf/ruff thing as I only appear to have one on the armoured version.
Are u sure it's not just flattened under the robe - I think my robed figure has it, but I don't want to take him apart from his pose to check. Feels like it is there....

Interfacing is a fabric (or paper) which is used to make certain parts of a garment more stable. It is used as an additional layer which is applied to the inside of garments, such as collars, cuffs, waistbands and pockets, helping to add firmness, shape, structure, and support to the clothes.

Yeah, I was about to cut it off too, tho decided to leave it...usually I would have thought interfacing would be stitched to the upper layer.

I think Boba's character will progress very well and he'll kind of revert back to the version we got in season 2 of the Mandalorian. There is still plenty of storyline to play out in future series. I am still comfortable with cancelling my order, as I have the ESB version, so no loss. Even if his character arc grows and is more memorable I will be good, but for those on the fence.....you might want to get this deluxe set before there are major regrets. Like many have stated, you can sell the figures/items if you are not satisfied.

While I'm here, another "Tython"-inspired outdoor shot:

View attachment 586950

I cut mine off ages ago

I think Boba's character will progress very well and he'll kind of revert back to the version we got in season 2 of the Mandalorian. There is still plenty of storyline to play out in future series. I am still comfortable with cancelling my order, as I have the ESB version, so no loss. Even if his character arc grows and is more memorable I will be good, but for those on the fence.....you might want to get this deluxe set before there are major regrets. Like many have stated, you can sell the figures/items if you are not satisfied.
I've kept my order for this set but it's just going to go straight into storage. I'll sell when the prices are highest.

Back