Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really struggling with this. I have a ton of those 10% off of Hot Toys figures from Sideshow and that's $50 off of this set, but Idk why I can't justify this boba Fett. I have the throne on PO, I have the ESB Fett. Idk 😂 do you guys love this set? I know the headsculpt is beyond amazing and that's one of the reasons I want it. Someone convince me so I can end this misery of back and forth

I'm really struggling with this. I have a ton of those 10% off of Hot Toys figures from Sideshow and that's $50 off of this set, but Idk why I can't justify this boba Fett. I have the throne on PO, I have the ESB Fett. Idk 😂 do you guys love this set? I know the headsculpt is beyond amazing and that's one of the reasons I want it. Someone convince me so I can end this misery of back and forth
It’s a must have.

I agree completely. A must have.

MANDO BOBA 003.jpg

It just tells a story just looking at it. Going to enjoy this one a lot.
MANDO BOBA 004.jpg

Last edited:
DO IT!!

You will either regret NOT getting it now at retail OR you will hate it and sell on with hopefully more cash than you paid for him.

Win/win!!

This headsculpt is kind of like Cody's, as in its up there with the best of the best.

Err on the side of caution and get this while you can. You can sell it later if you want.... But you wont.

I wish this figure had a single release. Cant justify the 2 pack space wise right now but I really love this look

I mean, you can turn it into a single release yourself if you really wanted to.

Although once you get it in hand you’ll probably want to keep everything.

So you should just buy it. Need space? Well does anyone actually need a coffee table? Just stack your boxes together and put a table cloth on them with a nice art book. No one would know.

cancel throne, get this 2 pack instead.

I did as well for a while but I finally gave in and bought the single version. I couldn't justify the two pack either but lived the head sculpt so much that I bought one off eBay. I just love the look of this figure!

Depends how much you want the throne. If not, you can cancel that and get this. You can then get the BOBF boba if you want the repainted armour.

You will know, when you are calm. At peace. :monkey3

The other thing to do, is picture your shelves a year from now.

For myself, having a fair number of Marvel figures, and there seems to be an infinite number of SW figs - I've cut and cut any purchases I would have rolled with a few years ago. It's too expensive.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2. Tired of the strain of large monthly PO payments.

Wasn't even a huge Boba fan. But. I really liked his re-introduction in Mando ("I'm a simple man making his way through the galaxy") and the dynamic between Mando and Boba. For myself, I think the costume designers knocked it out of the park - the modified, ominous, robed Tusken look (like Death walking, a bit, crossed with a Bedouin, and the use of black). Then there's the armored version - IMO the colors used are outstanding (the dark olive against the green and the cream vest). Finally both figures have superb paint and detailing.

TBH in pictures thought the armor looked splattered white, which some compared to bird &^%:monkey3. But u get the fig in hand, and it's not white, it's gleaming weathered paint/metal and IMO a spectacular production paint job:clap. Then there's all the fine detail and accessories. For me it's just one of those figures, or figure sets, that just as collecting goes, is HT pretty much at their best. Like the first Doctor Strange set. Or the loaded Mando V2 set.

So I have no purchase regrets, and I wasn't all hot to get this set in. Took me months to pay off. Now I think it's one of the most striking sets on the shelf.

So that's why I like it. That said, just 'coz it's an excellent figure, doesn't mean I feel folks shouldn't luv what's on their shelves. Marvels' Yondu is widely considered to be one of HT's best, and for me was a total pass; I don't do the Guardians. IMO u gotta think of your shelves 6 months from now when the thrill fades, and ask if u are still happy. Otherwise it's just clutter. I don't have THAT much figure regret - maybe 2,3 figs I passed on. This is a lot of money if you are not sure. For myself, I needed a Boba and figured this set would work with Mando for the long term with other Mandos. I like the desert vibe including the flowy pants.

Whether, for myself, I get another Boba is debatable. There's a couple of other pricey sets I want, like Mando V3. A real Boba fan might want a different version or versions, if they have the throne. Another question to ask urself is - do you need an unhelmeted Boba on your shelves? For me it works; for others it might just be an extra to have. I've got a Tony Stark head from Civil War IM that has never even been unwrapped.

Here, here, Sassafras! Well said. I completely agree that designers definitely did their work well. I absolutely love this set. It represents a great moment for the character (his appearance on Mando) and the whole presentation just offers so many options for display and photos.

This set will remain a real highlight for me. Almost like a Mythos figure...taking shots of it and having it display lets me create my own stories like a good figure should. Get the set, Jedi_Col!

Got the armored version outside today. Just outstanding!

MANDO BOBA ARMOR 001.jpg

MANDO BOBA ARMOR 004.jpg

MANDO BOBA ARMOR 003.jpg

I was fortunate to pay $450 shipped from a seller here and its one amazing 2 pack
If you're a Fett fan it's a must have set.

not sure this has been done but placed the head sculpt on Mythos Boba Fett by Sideshow
My Mythos has a Hot Toys Fett body and Hot Toys Fett boots
Head does look a tad small but overall figure looks very interesting

Mythos Boba Fett by Getoninja, on Flickr

I was fortunate to pay $450 shipped from a seller here and its one amazing 2 pack
If you're a Fett fan it's a must have set.

not sure this has been done but placed the head sculpt on Mythos Boba Fett by Sideshow
My Mythos has a Hot Toys Fett body and Hot Toys Fett boots
Head does look a tad small but overall figure looks very interesting

R.gif

That's really cool

This is going to sound blasphemous but I STILL haven't opened this set,Rex and the Shoretrooper Squad Leader.
With Jango,Ashoka and Snowspeeder Luke all arriving within 3 weeks of each other,I've pushed some unboxings to the side.
sigh
Don't feel too bad. I didn't open my Fett for about a week. I was trying to decide if I was going to sell him for a profit since I got such a great deal on him. In the end I caved in and opened him. Definitely no regrets here.

Here, here, Sassafras! Well said. I completely agree that designers definitely did their work well. I absolutely love this set. It represents a great moment for the character (his appearance on Mando) and the whole presentation just offers so many options for display and photos.

This set will remain a real highlight for me. Almost like a Mythos figure...taking shots of it and having it display lets me create my own stories like a good figure should. Get the set, Jedi_Col!

Got the armored version outside today. Just outstanding!
Thanks JediBear and beautiful pics - really shows the metallic paint off! :clap

That's one thing about this set - and the Mando figs, really - you could have this set pretty much in a museum pose and it's still eye-catching on the shelf:love

Almost like a Mythos figure...taking shots of it and having it display lets me create my own stories like a good figure should.

Yeah, I almost went for the Mythos figure as I like the desert vibe. For me this set does that nicely - tho if I had unlimited space and money, I'd get the Mythos fig too. Man, self-denial can be tough :lol but there are those pricey sets like Kuiil + Blurrg are a must-have, so I gotta focus where the funds go.

This is going to sound blasphemous but I STILL haven't opened this set,Rex and the Shoretrooper Squad Leader.
With Jango,Ashoka and Snowspeeder Luke all arriving within 3 weeks of each other,I've pushed some unboxings to the side.
sigh

I waited a couple of days to open this set - just didn't have time. It's worth waiting to do a "proper" unboxing to appreciate the details, and look over and test everything. Congrats at getting a great haul of figs in!

Back