Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the head sculpt that comes with the throne version the same as this one?

I'm probably in the minority that just want's the robbed Boba from this set and repainted armour with throne. Tempted to sell the armoured figure from this two pack with the headsculpt.

Is the head sculpt that comes with the throne version the same as this one?

I'm probably in the minority that just want's the robbed Boba from this set and repainted armour with throne. Tempted to sell the armoured figure from this two pack with the headsculpt.
It’s the same head sculpt on the throne version, but the eyes are looking to the right instead of the left like they are in the two pack.

Great posture in your pose here.
Agreed, I noticed that too! I always appreciate when someone takes the time to make full use of all a figure’s articulation to make poses look as naturalistic as possible, especially in less action-oriented posing.

Last edited:
Fantastic pictures, the figure looks amazing. However after the embarrassment of a series that is TBOBF I’m so glad I held back from ordering this incarnation of the character.

Just ignore what you dont like, like the rest of us plan on doing. Many of us are not super thrilled with this current show, but Mando season 2 will fill our minds eye forever. And to me, thats what this commemorates.

Just ignore what you dont like, like the rest of us plan on doing. Many of us are not super thrilled with this current show, but Mando season 2 will fill our minds eye forever. And to me, thats what this commemorates.
Lol I have to ignore like 75%. Thought about cancelling. But it's a d@mn good look and some well done scenes in Mando S2.

I’d love to be able to “ignore” how this character has been portrayed by Disney, but unfortunately it’s too ridiculous and insulting to erase from my mind. I see this Disney Boba as a completely different entity to the efficient, ruthless assassin that I grew up imagining him to be, as most others did. This new guy’s an absolute buffoon.

Yeah, it is definitely getting harder to separate Mando Boba with BOBF Boba especially with the way they're overlapping his backstory of getting his Tusken gear and rescuing Fennec between the two shows.

It'll be weird watching him appear on Tython now knowing that he had just recently tried to bizarrely intimidate a little droid that he couldn't even catch on his own.

"Here's the chain code showing my name, and here's me shouting it in a little droid's face before he deactivated himself, do you believe me now?"

I’d love to be able to “ignore” how this character has been portrayed by Disney, but unfortunately it’s too ridiculous and insulting to erase from my mind. I see this Disney Boba as a completely different entity to the efficient, ruthless assassin that I grew up imagining him to be, as most others did. This new guy’s an absolute buffoon.

I am in total agreement with you about Fett and the show but I'm still getting the HT as they appeared in The Mandalorian as Ramatuelle has suggested. But I would be lying if I said Fett's characterization on the show hasn't diminished some of my anticipation for the hot toys and also somewhat marred his appearance on The Mandalorian. Internally I feel like I'm doing a lot of this...

stop-loud.gif

I quit watching BoBF after the third episode so it’s a little easier for me to keep my Mandalorian version Boba in mind. Still like the figure set but I doubt I’ll be buying anything from the show unless it’s OT in nature.

Someone replied on one of these threads - it might have been in the Movies forum - a gif from, wait, it was a version of this right here:

200.gif

... but it was more complete, it showed Fett abruptly turning on his heel and then immediately stalking off, like I'VE HEARD MORE THAN ENOUGH, GOOD BYE, and that one gif was more the Fett we know than the entirety of this show so far.

Boba's also the one who got ***** slapped into a vaguely vaginal sand pit by a guy who couldn't see ****. So...sounds like the show is pretty cinematically in character. Haven't watched passed ep 1, no time right now.

You can't deny that dramatically telling a random droid your name then saying theres a benefit to people thinking your dead didn't make sense from one beat to another.

I didn't ever really want a Boba movie or show and instead always hoped for one based around the Mandalorians themselves set well before Episode 1 - while The Mandalorian wasn't that show it took what I liked about Boba, the mysterious character who says very little and wears cool armour, and took it in an interesting direction building a new character.

The EU is great and all but it wasn't overly consistent with itself or at times the movies so I understand why to alot of people Boba was a guy who had a reputation but on screen didn't do much than slam into the side of the sail barge and then roll into a sand monster.

The Mandalorian was the first time we actually saw him do something rather than just look cool - Im hopeful that they are building to something with BoBF which will lead into the next seasons of the shows spanning off from Mando.

You can't deny that dramatically telling a random droid your name then saying theres a benefit to people thinking your dead didn't make sense from one beat to another.

I didn't ever really want a Boba movie or show and instead always hoped for one based around the Mandalorians themselves set well before Episode 1 - while The Mandalorian wasn't that show it took what I liked about Boba, the mysterious character who says very little and wears cool armour, and took it in an interesting direction building a new character.

The EU is great and all but it wasn't overly consistent with itself or at times the movies so I understand why to alot of people Boba was a guy who had a reputation but on screen didn't do much than slam into the side of the sail barge and then roll into a sand monster.

The Mandalorian was the first time we actually saw him do something rather than just look cool - Im hopeful that they are building to something with BoBF which will lead into the next seasons of the shows spanning off from Mando.

You must have missed ESB eh?

Speaking of ESB and this shows fondness for flashbacks, I wish we could see Boba outwitting and toasting IG-88 on Cloud City in live action (yes I know he also survived).

All Im saying is what an awful lot of other people have, outside of the EU he was for all intents and purposes a very cool looking but expendable character who Lucas gave an awful death to.

I (finally) got my set and the instructions don’t say to swap the extra knee armor to use with the effects, they only show to remove the armor piece before you attach the effect, so confirmed that they just included the left leg armor as an extra, which is pretty cool. We all already knew that, but I hadn’t seen anyone post about it specifically yet.
I also had something weird on my armored Boba, the left arm was assembled wrong at the elbow, so that the bicep had to be facing backwards in order for the elbow to bend forwards. I had to pop that joint out and wiggle it out of the sleeve and then re-attach it. It seems fine now, but it was a nightmare and now the end of the sleeve is stretched out. First time I’ve ever had that problem on a figure from Hot Toys.

Boba's also the one who got ***** slapped into a vaguely vaginal sand pit by a guy who couldn't see ****. So...sounds like the show is pretty cinematically in character. Haven't watched passed ep 1, no time right now.

Attachments

• FAA94F03-680F-4681-BD63-082445CE81BD.jpeg
    FAA94F03-680F-4681-BD63-082445CE81BD.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 26
I (finally) got my set and the instructions don’t say to swap the extra knee armor to use with the effects, they only show to remove the armor piece before you attach the effect, so confirmed that they just included the left leg armor as an extra, which is pretty cool. We all already knew that, but I hadn’t seen anyone post about it specifically yet.
I also had something weird on my armored Boba, the left arm was assembled wrong at the elbow, so that the bicep had to be facing backwards in order for the elbow to bend forwards. I had to pop that joint out and wiggle it out of the sleeve and then re-attach it. It seems fine now, but it was a nightmare and now the end of the sleeve is stretched out. First time I’ve ever had that problem on a figure from Hot Toys.
Yep. I think Guy at SSC was the one that speculated the other knee armor was for the effects, when it was just meant to be the left knee armor. A cool bonus. Also, if anyone’s having trouble with shoulder articulation, it’s because the fat suit straps are wedged in between the upper shoulder and the body.

Back