Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the pesky thing about opinions. We’re all free to have them. And I’m free to have opinions on other opinions. 😉
Yes I know this can be a circular argument on the matter. I enjoy seeing different opinions, I would never force what I think on other ppl. Again, if you like the episode, that’s fine. If you think ppl are overreacting etc that’s fine. And if you want to give opinions on opinions on opinions haha, that is also fine. I just want to bounce off how I personally feel about it with the group and see how others feel as well. Nothing negative towards anyone…too much of that in the world.

The first episode is supposed to hook you and make you want more.
Agreed but there are plenty of shows/movie that started slow ended being amazing and then there are also shows/movies that started amazing and ended up being crap. I'm just saying i'm going to give it until at least episode three before i get worried.

Agreed but there are plenty of shows/movie that started slow ended being amazing and then there are also shows/movies that started amazing and ended up being crap. I'm just saying i'm going to give it until at least episode three before i get worried.

Indeed. I'm hopefull the show will shift up a gear from next episode onwards.
If not, I'll give it a fair chance, watch until episode 4 say. That's half way through the season. If it hasn't grabbed me by then, it's had it's fair chance and I'll turn off. It will have shaken my confidence in Jon and Dave though.

Very valid points. And agreed...if the ship has righted itself by Ep 3, it's not going to...so we'll see.
In the meantime, still on board for these figures.

Heard rumors of Boba release soon from a guy who works directly with retailers in Hong Kong.

271243748_4720399581361946_4713277895611949774_n.jpg

271243806_4720404581361446_7248863512489227931_n.jpg

Helmet sculpt was updated thankfully. Looks like it’s using the the same one as the repaint armor, which is the most accurate one we’ve seen IMO.

Just saw the secret base FB post that it's released!
could be. He usually informs before they release in secret base, maybe this time he got it late. He knew about Pennywisse a few days before...

anyway, glad we had this guy soon. it was instant preorder for me

Then there are shows that started like crap and remain crap like BoBF.

Gonna likely cancel the PO on this guy now.

Then there are shows that started like crap and remain crap like BoBF.

Gonna likely cancel the PO on this guy now.
As I stated in the BOBF thread I think you can either embrace where the new character is going or be disappointed that we don’t get ESB Fett. I rather liked the last episode and am interested to see where it goes. It’s cool to feel the opposite as well but I’m not sure why you’d cancel the preorder for this? If you liked this appearance enough from Mando to preorder why cancel? Seems the end product came out as good or better than the prototype.

As I stated in the BOBF thread I think you can either embrace where the new character is going or be disappointed that we don’t get ESB Fett. I rather liked the last episode and am interested to see where it goes. It’s cool to feel the opposite as well but I’m not sure why you’d cancel the preorder for this? If you liked this appearance enough from Mando to preorder why cancel? Seems the end product came out as good or better than the prototype.
I probably should think about it more, but I would be canceling because I hate what the character has become and these figures are representative of that. They look great. Badass figures. Liked the look in Mando and liked Boba Fett in Mando. But seeing what he has become now in BoBF, I’m not sure I want those on my shelves. Show has five more episodes, I probably should wait and see if they redeem him in my eyes over those five episodes.

I appreciate and thank you for your comment and trying to persuade me. Still gonna be a bit before the PO hits, I guess I can wait and decide, I overreacted initially.

I probably should think about it more, but I would be canceling because I hate what the character has become and these figures are representative of that. They look great. Badass figures. Liked the look in Mando and liked Boba Fett in Mando. But seeing what he has become now in BoBF, I’m not sure I want those on my shelves. Show has five more episodes, I probably should wait and see if they redeem him in my eyes over those five episodes.

I appreciate and thank you for your comment and trying to persuade me. Still gonna be a bit before the PO hits, I guess I can wait and decide, I overreacted initially.
All good. I enjoy the multiple perspectives on these boards and was genuinely curious about canceling. I’m warming up to where BOBF is going but was more in your camp after episode 1. Of nothing else you could keep the PO and sell off nomad Boba and keep the Sarlacc damaged look. I have a feeling nomad Boba will be in larger demand after ep 2…

Back