Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks are getting early arrival emails for this set? I hope the unmasked sculpt doesn't suffer for being rushed.
Just feels like when I got Mando v1 on time, then a huge wait for IG. No quality dropoff am guessing they'll put this Boba out fast, make their money, and then folks will be spending again on the next set, coz the show will hype the character up and bring in new fans.

Not sure I will get more Boba. I like this set and the re-intro of the character. Beyond that there's other stuff I want in 2022 and can't afford a bunch of stacked up POs so trying to pace it. Kuill and Mando v3 are musts.

Just feels like when I got Mando v1 on time, then a huge wait for IG. No quality dropoff am guessing they'll put this Boba out fast, make their money, and then folks will be spending again on the next set, coz the show will hype the character up and bring in new fans.

Not sure I will get more Boba. I like this set and the re-intro of the character. Beyond that there's other stuff I want in 2022 and can't afford a bunch of stacked up POs so trying to pace it. Kuill and Mando v3 are musts.
Still waiting for my IG-11 from BBTS. The wait is killing me.

boba-fett-repaint-armor_star-wars_gallery_60ee536cbc0e8.jpg

I guess this goes here too:
From the trailer thread: Other running changes between Mando season 2 Fett, and season 1 Book of Fett, besides the face (now cleared scars and grown back eyebrows), on the outfit; the front leg draping gone, his boot spats are now closer to the color of the gauntlets.
5soi04.gif

5soilt.gif

...................New color boot spats^

5sszrw.gif

also different belt (bullet loops)^ configuration, and the woven waist element seems to be gone.

Last edited:
I think I am pretty happy with my Mando Deluxe Two Pack. I think that will be enough for me with the Mando/Book Boba. Unless the armour has more drastic changes/an amazing accessory set.

Tried to captured the best photo but here you can see the differences
View attachment 543989

These are about as different as Cap’s TFA suit is next to his Golden Age one. I noticed even the flamethrower housing and even wrist rocket’s different between the two so outside of me comparing the right gauntlets, there doesn’t seem to be a similar used part outside of maybe the scarf and black vest the armor’s on.

Even the helmet is a completely different shape but we all know Hot Toys won’t bother with a new helmet sculpt of that. I’m sure they’ll use as many shortcuts as they can between the two. It’ll for sure be interesting to see where people complain.

Last edited:
I will have a hard time justifying another Fett since I'm getting this and the two-pack, but we'll see. I'll have 3 Mandos though, so who knows.

Even the helmet is a completely different shape but we all know Hot Toys won’t bother with a new helmet sculpt of that. I’m sure they’ll use as many shortcuts as they can between the two. It’ll for sure be interesting to see where people complain.

Where will they complain? ERRRYWHERE, that's what we do here! Complain! Its cathartic.

For one of their top sellers, HT seems to lack motivation to tweak their Mandalorian/Fett bucket sculpts, but what do I know.

I will have a hard time justifying another Fett since I'm getting this and the two-pack, but we'll see. I'll have 3 Mandos though, so who knows.

Dont worry. By the time we get done here I will have six variants of Boba and counting. If they ever reissue the HT Prototype Fett and the Holiday Fett, I'll be buying those too.

We will all buy the new version because of minor updates and a tweaked sculpt and pay $300 or more for it and hot toys will laugh at us and we know that but who gives a crap because figures keep us from killing everyone we see and that edible just hit me hard.

I won't buy it for the minor costume changes but I can only assume they will include a must have accessory of some sort that will make it necessary. Kinda like Mando's Ice Cream Maker, even if I could sell it I wouldn't want to.

... Kinda like Mando's Ice Cream Maker, even if I could sell it I wouldn't want to.

I bet you could get top dollar for that thing though, if you did. At least $40-50.

The problem is though, that all these Mando accessories move so seamlessly from one figure to another that you could probably find a display place for everything. Which reminds me, I need to start looking for a spare 1/6 Grogu to go with my OG Mando. The one Im using now kinda clashes.

Last edited:
I think the significance of the current HT Two-pack -- being that it is the resurrection of Boba Fett and his transition from wanderer (monk) to being reunited with his old armor -- is reason enough that that moment in time as well as the HT set will be highly sought after for years to come.

Incidental costume changes have little meaning.

I think the significance of the current HT Two-pack -- being that it is the resurrection of Boba Fett and his transition from wanderer (Fester) to being reunited with his old armor -- is reason enough that that moment in time as well as the HT set will be highly sought after for years to come.

Incidental costume changes have little meaning.

Fixed :monkey3

I bet you could get top dollar for that thing though, if you did. At least $40-50.

The problem is though, that all these Mando accessories move so seamlessly from one figure to another that you could probably find a display place for everything. Which reminds me, I need to start looking for a spare 1/6 Grogu to go with my OG Mando. I got one of these on the left [pictured below] with him right now and they kind of clash.

View attachment 544018

Ha I didn't mean selling the ice cream maker, I meant the whole set including figure. I never piece anything out even if I will never use the extras. In the rare case I sell the complete set goes.

Back