Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gaffe stick is very cheap feeling, bendable on one end, the other fragile to snap. I feel like the wrist joints aren't so snug either (non armored). Love the set overall, can't wait for throne and fennec.

My deluxe set arrived and it was like opening a good old DX set. When I removed the beautiful cover piece, I was greeted with the figures and all of the accessories laid out, which were overwhelmingly amazing. The first and only thing that I did was check out the head sculpt and helmet. Truly impressive.

My deluxe set arrived and it was like opening a good old DX set. When I removed the beautiful cover piece, I was greeted with the figures and all of the accessories laid out, which were overwhelmingly amazing. The first and only thing that I did was check out the head sculpt and helmet. Truly impressive.
For real, lol afraid to start working with the set 'coz nothing will get done the rest of the day.:monkey3:lol

IMO for the originally non-Boba fan like me, who had to really kick around whether to get any Boba or not (budget😭😭😭) just, d*mn. Only had time to pull the main figs out, but pretty impressed.

Two things I like - impressive and downright beautiful paint job. Dunno what I was expecting - scratchy whitish looking paint on the weathered armor - but the gleaming metallic against the other colors is fantastic. I also like the contrast this fig is gonna make paired with Mando. Already idly thinking I maybe should get another Boba, since I like the desert vibe.

Just a badass set.:clap:clap:clap Makes me wanna go rewatch the show again.:lol

Finally got mine a week or so ago took some pictures :) I love the set!
sVdp94M.jpg

Pictures start mid way on page 64
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158150&page=64

Is the visor meant to look a bit scuffed? I some scratching and spots that almost look like air bubbles on it. Thought it might be a plastic film over it but doesn't seem so.

Is the visor meant to look a bit scuffed? I some scratching and spots that almost look like air bubbles on it. Thought it might be a plastic film over it but doesn't seem so.
I don't think so. Finally had a chance to play a bit, and I've got a request to SSC in myself - for the left guantlet, had to mangle the insert tab to get out; was completely stuck - which you need to remove to use the accessories. :cuss
For around ~500$ something so basic shouldn't have been a problem. Not a deal breaker - it's a great set - but, no, I don't have any scratches or scuffs on the visor. Will see what SSC says.

Quick cell pic - just don't have time to do anything more, but figure a lot of folks? may not use the Jango hologram. Pretty cool effect. You could spend hours working with this set.

Boba_DX.jpg

I've got Fennec on PO. As well as the repainted Fett with throne and this 2pack too.
Not as enthused about those figures as I was pre BoBF.
My heart says cancel them all, to hell with Boba. But my head says no, keep them.
So I'll keep them. They'll sit on the shelf and I'll stare at them. Glaring in bitterness. And when I've been drinking, I'll go into the display room and shout at them.

....and before anyone starts with "HAHA YEAH BUT BOBF" all that runs counter to my head-canon. My head-canon says that Fett makes Fennec scream and claw her sheets, and stifle her cries with her pillow at least three times a week, and I refuse to think differently.

lol
Wtf...

I've got Fennec on PO. As well as the repainted Fett with throne and this 2pack too.
Not as enthused about those figures as I was pre BoBF.
My heart says cancel them all, to hell with Boba. But my head says no, keep them.
So I'll keep them. They'll sit on the shelf and I'll stare at them. Glaring in bitterness. And when I've been drinking, I'll go into the display room and shout at them.

Don't keep preorders that will bring you angst. These things are too expensive.... cancel them and spend that considerable $$$ on something that will bring you joy.

Back