1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chrome flakes man, I'd hate to have that. Especially with the bandolier, it'll create a lot of scratch marks.

Yeah, but my IW Bucky arm looks like fluid metal and haven't had a single problem. Nor with CW Bucky. IMO HT just went cheap; probably like Bucky where V2 had the shiny arm and then V3 is even more liquid metal looking.

I was hoping they'd use a different shade of the same paint of this Mando version. Probably holding out the shine for Mando V3.:pfft:

And no e-mail from SSC, so paying off my PO didn't help.:monkey2

How long before other US retailers like One Sixth Outfitters gets their shipments from SSC? I have the deluxe version on PO from them but it’s my first HT purchase from them though.

Wish mine would ship soon. I PO?d pretty early too. Guess I?m in the second batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long before other US retailers like One Sixth Outfitters gets their shipments from SSC? I have the deluxe version on PO from them but it’s my first HT purchase from them though.

Retailers typically get there stock in after the individual SS customers get thiers. I would guess another 3 to 4 weeks from today.

I think this is the first time I haven?t gotten my PO with the first batch. Of all figures to happen on too, probably one of my most anticipated releases ever lol. Does anyone know a rough estimate as to how far apart SS gets their batches on most figures?

Retailers typically get there stock in after the individual SS customers get thiers. I would guess another 3 to 4 weeks from today.

Thanks! That’s about what I expected, but appreciate the info. Hopefully I’ll have these guys in hand by mid February (ish)!

Huh... So according to Justin the alternate left thigh plate still isn't Beskar.. Never heard that before.

Looks nice, but don't like the smaller size of all the parts. Especially the helmet as it already looked a bit on the small side.

Just received my OG Mando this morning. The fatsuit is hilarious. He a thicc boy, very squishy :lol

Was very excited to see the type of material they used for his cape tho. If Beskar Mando's cape is the same then it'll be pretty easy to cut to give it that just-burned-by-krayt-dragon-stomach-acid look without having to worry about the fabric fraying in undesired ways.

Still no word on when my Beskar version will ship. At this rate I think the thigh pieces and knee pad I ordered will arrive before it does!

Huh... So according to Justin the alternate left thigh plate still isn't Beskar.. Never heard that before.

Yes, I was surprised to hear this too! (but also not surprised, because I always thought it was kind of weird that it looked more weathered than the rest of his Beskar armour). Apparently it's taken from Zero, that droid he killed in The Prisoner, the one Frog Lady used to speak to Mando via.

Looks nice, but don't like the smaller size of all the parts. Especially the helmet as it already looked a bit on the small side.

That was interesting - always wondered where that plate came from. Now I gotta go watch the end of Season 1 again - wasn't paying attention to Mando's leg.

Cheers to anyone picking this up; but I can wait for HT - for me the interest is the shine. Season 2 Episode 1 with the dragon the armor looked like it had had layers of hot wax and just gleamed...HT is capable of that kind of finish.

But smaller scale of the customs would bug me.

Was very excited to see the type of material they used for his cape tho. If Beskar Mando's cape is the same then it'll be pretty easy to cut to give it that just-burned-by-krayt-dragon-stomach-acid look without having to worry about the fabric fraying in undesired ways.

Yeah, I think it's a stretch suede microfiber e.g. probably won't fray. But I don't have the stones to weather an original. Maybe a parted out one or - whenever I can pick up materials to sort of copy. I'd like to try using glues or starch to make a permanent windblown cape as a switchout.

Yeah I have to agree. I love the chromier look of the armor compared to HT, but up close the paint finish just doesn't seem nearly as smooth as it should be (especially for the $200 or so that the set costs). So think I'll stick with getting the custom parts Boomix is offering instead. And maybe repaint the HT armor with Alclad myself.

Yeah it way off glad i didn't buy it off him

That was interesting - always wondered where that plate came from. Now I gotta go watch the end of Season 1 again - wasn't paying attention to Mando's leg.

Yeah it's super easy to miss. You can just barely see, in the scenes where Cara is shielding Mando from the flamethrower and where IG-11 kneels down to tend to him after, that he's missing the right thigh armour. But it's definitely gone in the abandoned covert, when they find the pile of helmets and armour.

I tried to get a look at Zero in episode 6 as well, and there's a moment when he's coming down the ladder in search of the baby where we get a full-body shot of him. It does indeed look like the thigh armour Mando wears in season 2 came from Zero.

Star Wars fans notice everything :lol

So when I get this figure I'm planning on cutting the fatsuit at the joints so that he has a bit more motion while still retaining the bulk. Has anyone tried this? I'm wondering if this would work as intended

So when I get this figure I'm planning on cutting the fatsuit at the joints so that he has a bit more motion while still retaining the bulk. Has anyone tried this? I'm wondering if this would work as intended

Yep I did this. But on a second pass I removed certain elements too as the proportions are better.

Yeah it's super easy to miss. You can just barely see, in the scenes where Cara is shielding Mando from the flamethrower and where IG-11 kneels down to tend to him after, that he's missing the right thigh armour. But it's definitely gone in the abandoned covert, when they find the pile of helmets and armour.

I tried to get a look at Zero in episode 6 as well, and there's a moment when he's coming down the ladder in search of the baby where we get a full-body shot of him. It does indeed look like the thigh armour Mando wears in season 2 came from Zero.

Star Wars fans notice everything :lol

Lol all the fretting I did about how and where Mando managed to score a new Beskar thigh plate - *duh*:slap

Glad someone is staying on top of these things.:cool: That kind of show continuity is appreciated. If only I could get over why the cantina door in the Season 1 finale seems to switch from being on the left to the right, or why if the door is blown off how IG manages to close it - so, there are first world problems, but nothing compares to geek angst.:lol:monkey3

Probably best not to think too much about those tracking fobs.

After seeing Justin's review, personally I prefer my version...

instagram : @Guillaume_customs

210119122457803006.jpg

Hmmm, I guess Sideshow is waiting on their second batch for this figure. I'm just getting anxious to get this guy. Just hope they don't get him around the same time they get their Iron Man Mark 85 figures.

Back