1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao, you've brought me into uncharted territory by tagging my username. Never stepped foot/posted in a Star Wars thread before. We talking about boxes or something? :lol
ROTFLOL! Yes, someone was complaining about not having time to unbox 50 Hot Toys... I couldn't let my guy be slighted and not pull him in!
1641646500012.png

I used to keep most of my stuff in the boxes too.. :lol

I never opened any of my SS Star Wars figures back when (most still boxed), then I started buying Hot Toys. It wasn't until joining here and starting reading about the HT Iron Man batteries leaking while stored and the many defects some HT figures had, like the floppy broken deteriorated ankles on my HT Batman Begins even when sitting new in the box. I started opening the Iron Man figs to remove the batteries, but wound up finding/making room to start displaying them. Now I try to open them up immediately, at least to check for defects. I've had too many issues to just put it off till later.

I think I am up to 50 or more now myself. I keep thinking this weekend...and then other things come up and then it's back to work.

I was shocked seeing "50" but I may be pretty close to that number, as well... :monkey2

Yup, same! Sometimes after receiving figures, I set them aside and think "I'll open them later when I have more time." But then I don't get around to that until much later or sometimes not at all :lol

yeah when the shelves fill up, then the room, you need to start reboxing old stuff and putting it in the basement, rearrange the shelves...it gets to be an hour long (or more) excursion.

Yeah I like to rotate figures in and out of my shelf, takes quite a while but can be fun lol

I just gave in and ordered this figure after having sold my first mando unopened bc I didn't want to collect Star Wars at all - but I think collecting a few chars is good game and this one is just awesome. Will get a Boba too, but waiting for the series to finish.

Sometimes I feel like I’m collecting boxes, not figures since I from time to time never get to unbox them for, reasons.

Yup, same! Sometimes after receiving figures, I set them aside and think "I'll open them later when I have more time." But then I don't get around to that until much later or sometimes not at all :lol

E096A41F-1705-422F-ADA2-23D5E70FEA0F.jpeg

Current state of some of our collections.

Glad I’m not the only member of the Box Mountain Club™.

That is so neat! I wish I was that neat. I throw out the shippers.

haha, that was just a stock photo but I do keep my shippers and have them stacked like that.

I have a lot of troopers though, so I plan to flatten the boxes because I realized the trays will stack if they’re all the same figure which will save an immense amount of space.

Having the art boxes out like yours looks cool though! Like wall art or a nice comic book store.

Problem is throwing away boxes is like throwing money away. Never say ‘I’ll never sell.’ Circumstances change, personal tastes change, better versions of the same figure can and probably will come out. I sold a lot of figures since the pandemic began, and prices have always taken a hit whenever the figure was loose. Plus with this kind of figure, it’s a nightmare to pack when moving houses.

What about lack of space? If there's room to store boxes, then no problem. But what if not? I don't think collectors prefer to throw boxes when they have space to keep them.

Back