1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snapped some more pics with added artificial lighting, I think it picks up light gleaming!

vsjcDAC.jpg

OEnMfZG.jpg

TR1J3pX.jpg

SP3Da1t.jpg

f94VuY2.jpg

Can't have too much Grogu :lol

hwv1x35.jpg
It would be funny if Luke has been collecting Yoda species younglings for his academy and Season 5 he just shows up with an arm full of them like Jim Henson’s Muppet Babies.

Perfect merchandising opportunity. You liked The Child? Here’s even more of them! Grogu, Togu, Krogu, Dogu, Rogu, Pogu, Vrogu, Mogu, Sogu, Oogu, Ærgu, Hogu, Yrogu, Urgu, Jrogu, Wogu, Frogu, and Lenny.

Collect them all!

Last edited:
Just imagine the amount of mischief two of them could get up to. :lol

:rotfl

I like this. It's like a preview for when I get the lothcat Accessory set #1. 😁

Yupp! I instantly thought of comparing the two because of that upcoming lothcat lol

It would be funny if Luke has been collecting Yoda species younglings for his academy and Season 5 he just shows up with an arm full of them like Jim Henson’s Muppet Babies.

Perfect merchandising opportunity. You liked The Child? Here’s even more of them! Grogu, Togu, Krogu, Dogu, Rogu, Pogu, Vrogu, Mogu, Sogu, Oogu, Ærgu, Hogu, Yrogu, Urgu, Jrogu, Wogu, Frogu, and Lenny.

Collect them all!

:rotfl

I didn't ponder too much about the color of the suit, but I noted that (it seems) the suit picks up lighting differently.

In this photo I used a white led light, and the suit looks grey.

EiwQD2z.jpg

However in this one I used a more yellowish light, and the suit looks more of a brown color!

twx8pSZ.jpg

So, I guess it's both grey and brown depending on the lighting, lol

Sorry to reignite the suit color debate :chase

Collect them all!

Must be time for this one again...

iuy58xo5vo561.jpg

(Now we know why Luke went into hiding on a remote island!)

I want to modify my 1:6 scale Grogu. Any ideas about how to add hair? Sample pictures are much appreciated.

I didn't ponder too much about the color of the suit, but I noted that (it seems) the suit picks up lighting differently.

In this photo I used a white led light, and the suit looks grey.

EiwQD2z.jpg

However in this one I used a more yellowish light, and the suit looks more of a brown color!

twx8pSZ.jpg

So, I guess it's both grey and brown depending on the lighting, lol

Sorry to reignite the suit color debate :chase
LOL. According to some cosplayer website the actual dye is a grey with a lot of red, Pantone # 440C Then there's the probably multiple versions from multiple dye lots in show, + with color grading.

So I'm not gonna worry about it; if it bothered me I'd just overdye. My shelves are pretty dark anyway.
I own one of the sweaters (off Amazon) that were used by the Mon Calamari; in real life it looks nothing like what we saw on screen color-wise.

Let me know how it goes for youView attachment 533479

Nice mod! :) The fuzzy hair on top makes it look even better!

LOL. According to some cosplayer website the actual dye is a grey with a lot of red, Pantone # 440C Then there's the probably multiple versions from multiple dye lots in show, + with color grading.

So I'm not gonna worry about it; if it bothered me I'd just overdye. My shelves are pretty dark anyway.
I own one of the sweaters (off Amazon) that were used by the Mon Calamari; in real life it looks nothing like what we saw on screen color-wise.

Ah cool to know what was used in the show! But yeah I can't be too fussed about absolute accuracy :lol

Can you share the link or a pic of the sweater?

Can you share the link or a pic of the sweater?
@DakRen - The Amazon Essentials Men's Fisherman Sweater has the same pattern.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08617BGYX/
But yeah, a lot of factors like color grading and lighting really affect the appearance of on-screen costumes. I've never been too bothered by it if the reproduction seems reasonably accurate to some degree.

@DakRen - The Amazon Essentials Men's Fisherman Sweater has the same pattern.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08617BGYX/
But yeah, a lot of factors like color grading and lighting really affect the appearance of on-screen costumes. I've never been too bothered by it if the reproduction seems reasonably accurate to some degree.
Thanks for getting the sweater link up. It's actually a good sweater 😁 - well made.

Yeah, I doubt if HT has the capacity to over-dye and distress costumes to match an on screen look. Plus I guess HT gets stuff in production and then the show might go off and change things during reshoots or other. Mostly I think HT has done some clever stuff, IMO the resin gauntlet flame effect looks pretty good; and the camtono (tho fragile).

Thanks for getting the sweater link up. It's actually a good sweater 😁 - well made.

Yeah, I doubt if HT has the capacity to over-dye and distress costumes to match an on screen look. Plus I guess HT gets stuff in production and then the show might go off and change things during reshoots or other. Mostly I think HT has done some clever stuff, IMO the resin gauntlet flame effect looks pretty good; and the camtono (tho fragile).
It seems very comfortable! I’d love to wear it and poorly repair cars with nautical junk but it’s too hot where I am.

Hot Toys could do it, but the figures would cost significantly more and be released even further out and nobody wants either.

So yeah, I agree, they do the best with what they have. I appreciate that they still do fabrics really well in general with properly scaled texture and seams.

Back