1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was definitely a lot of time for people to get these if they wanted. Truth be told I wouldn’t have been super upset had I not been able to secure a second one (this is actually the first figure I’ve bought a straight duplicate of).

Between Rex, one standard 501st, and Jesse on the way that would have been pretty good representation, but adding another 501st will be cool.

Side note- I wonder how long the Coruscant Guard will be in stock still. I wonder if as many were made or if it was a lower production run than the 501st figures.

You’ll be happy you have that second 501st when they’re double the price on eBay. Granted I’m biased; as a trooper collector, most troopers don’t look right to me unless they’re in at least pairs.

The CG definitely had a lower production run though. The 501st had significantly more produced just by virtue of being made in two different versions. And they made a lot anticipating demand.

I would say it’s balanced out by far more people buying multiples of the 501st than of the CG. I’ve seen folks with 2-4+ 501st consistently with 0-2 CG, and I’ve only seen a handful of people with more than 2.

The 501st just brought the fireteam/squad/army builder out in a lot of people, even for folks who usually don’t buy multiples of a figure like yourself.

Three questions:

1. How many Ramatuelles do you have in there?

2. Which of the Ramatuelles has “heretic” as their favorite word?

3. Which Ramatuelle do I tell to just buy the Coruscant Guard? Great figure, tons of shelf presence. Maybe you could do a one of each legion display some day and it’ll be a bad time if you missed out on it.

Re collecting, i have several selves:

The one that tries to be financially responsible, at least sort of

The one that is a walking Id with no self control

The one overseeing collecting continuity, and wants a collection that looks good together: the Curator

The Fangirl

Im sure there are a few more. I doubt i am the only one struggling with a few of these demons, lol

Self 1: maybe we need to get one of those Coruscant Guards. You know, just because.

Self 2: okay dont lose your mind here, Mando season 3 is comin' up.

Self 1: but what if he sells out? He looks pretty cool.

Self 2: he doesnt match the clones you have now, nor will he match Vaughn or Jesse.

Self 1: what about Cody? He doesnt either.

Self 3: what about that plain white new clone they just put up.....? Or the pilot!!

Self 1 and 2: SILENCE HERETIC THE ADULTS ARE TALKING

Self 1: we would need at least two Coruscants, for pairing purposes.

Self 2: these things aint free, you know.

Self 1: but what if Coruscant sells out.....?

....and so it goes. This is terrible.

I go crazy with multiple imperial troops. I have mostly kept clones to one per release. But the guards are a really great pair and the red is nice. And there are lots of different dignitaries or prisoners from the late Republic to early Imperial era that you can have them guard, which adds to variety in display swaps.

I bet the aftermarket on them will be inline with the Royal Guards.

Last edited:
^^^^ they [the books] get better as you go along!! I actually want to make all of Omega squad, and Etain too. Let's see if I can complete ONE figure, even. Grandiose plans, and you know how it is.

One of my main worries is what body to use. I would really prefer to use the type body HT uses, these Phicen-type bodies get on my nerves. But no one seems to sell them these days.

^^^^ they [the books] get better as you go along!! I actually want to make all of Omega squad, and Etain too. Let's see if I can complete ONE figure, even. Grandiose plans, and you know how it is.

One of my main worries is what body to use. I would really prefer to use the type body HT uses, these Phicen-type bodies get on my nerves. But no one seems to sell them these days.
I finished the first one and grabbed the rest immediately. Just read some of the newer books before I head back into them!
Its a good plan, the more grandiose the better haha. Yeah, I have a P2 Fordo set of armor I have been sitting on for years but this summer its gonna happen.

So for mine I have used this body:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/162556592676It works well, I forgot to Dremel the arms the first time but now I know.

Jusy curious- Is the undersuit anything to worry about? It's a stretchy-cloth, but is it like spider-man's where you have to be careful with it or apply that 303 stuff on it?

Jusy curious- Is the undersuit anything to worry about? It's a stretchy-cloth, but is it like spider-man's where you have to be careful with it or apply that 303 stuff on it?

They're fabric so no, you're good; nothing to worry about. And 303 is not made for fabric so should not be used.

Clones are the rare figures with no materials to really worry about since they're just fabric and plastic, though I am a little concerned about some accessories for named Clones like Rex and Jesse's pouches and Jesse's kama belts especially.

They're fabric so no, you're good; nothing to worry about. And 303 is not made for fabric so should not be used.

Clones are the rare figures with no materials to really worry about since they're just fabric and plastic, though I am a little concerned about some accessories for named Clones like Rex and Jesse's pouches and Jesse's kama belts especially.
Ah, sweet! That's really a relief, I'll also keep in mind the extra care for those pouches too. I appreciate the tips!

Ah, sweet! That's really a relief, I'll also keep in mind the extra care for those pouches too. I appreciate the tips!

No problem. And I agree. I’m grateful the Clone design doesn’t have holsters and calls for fabric undersuits.

Wish they’d done the pouches in plastic like Sideshow though. But my oldest pouches (Sandtrooper) are holding up okay.

Back