1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 501st Deluxe is probably low on a lot of peoples best of the year list, but I think it’s an easy top five for me.

I wouldn’t say that. The 501st Deluxe is an important release to a lot of people. It’s probably one of Hot Toys best selling figures. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many people buy multiples for a single release.

I’d put all the Clone that came out this year at top five. Hard to choose the top spot between them though.

The next Deluxe Clone release will also cost a bit more and/or have a little less with it so we’ll look back on these as the good ol’ days.

My original plan was 3 for….. Anakin. 501st. Rex. 332nd. Ahsoka. 332nd.
Once the first few showed up that plan got thrown out quickly. I bought 4 Coruscant Guards too, I originally planned on getting zero. The 501st Deluxe is probably low on a lot of peoples best of the year list, but I think it’s an easy top five for me. I’ve always limited myself to 2 troopers before, and I never buy duplicates of other figures. Now I can’t stop buying clones.
Looking forward to army building again with the eventual 212th lol.

I wouldn’t say that. The 501st Deluxe is an important release to a lot of people. It’s probably one of Hot Toys best selling figures. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many people buy multiples for a single release.

I’d put all the Clone that came out this year at top five. Hard to choose the top spot between them though.

The next Deluxe Clone release will also cost a bit more and/or have a little less with it so we’ll look back on these as the good ol’ days.
Deluxe 501 is 2nd only to Rex for me this year, really pleasant figure and load out, but I think it's the 332nd helm that does it for this release, the only other fig I could see topping a load out like this would be a HT Wolfe,

Deluxe 501 is 2nd only to Rex for me this year, really pleasant figure and load out, but I think it's the 332nd helm that does it for this release, the only other fig I could see topping a load out like this would be a HT Wolfe,

Agreed, the 332nd helmet is very striking. They did a great job with it.

I’m glad it’s something they included with both Rex and the Deluxe. We’re lucky these came out to coincide with Season 7 so we could get those helmets.

I don’t think subsequent Clones Battlalion releases will have quite as many options out of the box as this one; at the very least it’d probably be just two helmets and no jetpack if they weren’t seen using one.

Almost hard to believe the Deluxe is $250. Might be the last time we get something that feels like a good deal. It’s really going to be hard to top.

Last edited:
I cannot wait to open this up on Christmas Day.
This one is a gift, I was hoping my Rex would also be in but no luck on that.

Overall I am super excited about this one. I think the DLX accessories will keep me reposing/changing the figure up a lot. Three helmets, two backpacks, so many weapons…and I am always a sucker for troopers. I actually was not really going to go down the Clone Wars line at all. But started with Rex and now getting this as a gift.

Last edited:
I wasn’t really into clone wars either until I’ve Recently started watching first series and now I’ve got Cody, Rex and the 501st dlx. I think it’s because there haven’t been too many Star Wars releases recently. Waiting on mando stormtrooper commander and Tusken deliveries any day now. Then I’ve paid up on Jango for next year. Costing a small fortune but I’ve got nothing better to spend my money on, so all is good 😊

501st strikes...

HT 501st_017.jpg

HT 501st_018.jpg

Just having some fun with some figures I picked up this last year...

Just opened this figure up!
Real quick out of the box impression:

This is an amazing set. I absolutely love the feel, articulation and all the accessories make this a fun figure. I think I will be reposing and switching it up a lot. I am sticking with that Phase 1 look to start. 10/10 release.
7309D9DF-3115-4639-9942-60225FF276EB.jpeg
FB61CC1B-9397-4BCF-97BA-E8510993260C.jpeg

I have 2 of these guys, one of them in the phase 1 helmet. I think it looks great.

Congrats, DarkChocobi. Are you close to your total goal?

You must be happy with the big display case back there versus the Detolfs.
Total 5 now, maybe getting one or two more then I'm done with the 501st set up. Bigger case is nicer than crowded detolfs for sure, but I'm considrer get rid of it this year and make a brand new one instead with more befitting measurements, planning to buy some Jazzince diormas for my OT imeperial display. Something similar with this one.
RDT_20220114_1601243965024880119183535.png

Total 5 now, maybe getting one or two more then I'm done with the 501st set up. Bigger case is nicer than crowded detolfs for sure, but I'm considrer get rid of it this year and make a brand new one instead with more befitting measurements, planning to buy some Jazzince diormas for my OT imeperial display. Something similar with this one.
View attachment 555871

The more shelf space the better for all of us, that’s for sure.

Will be cool to see what you come up with.

Back