1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one Ahsoka helmet I stripped, the dome had 501st blue under a layer that matched the molded armor color, then the Ahsoka paint over that.
Any tips on how to safely pop off the dome of a phase 1 helmet? I received my helmet yesterday, and just started taking it apart. The chin ring and fin popped off easily, but the dome is giving me a hard time.

most of them came off easy, a few had errant glue that had spread into the seam. Involved a lot of flexing where I could to break the glue joints. Sometimes I just cut the pins off where they socketed in. One instance did involve a hammer and punch to break the glue. If you can break the side seams apart it’s easier to work the dome off.

most of them came off easy, a few had errant glue that had spread into the seam. Involved a lot of flexing where I could to break the glue joints. Sometimes I just cut the pins off where they socketed in. One instance did involve a hammer and punch to break the glue. If you can break the side seams apart it’s easier to work the dome off.
Thanks! Taking off the back first did the trick.

A bath in Isopropyl alcohol allowed about 99% of the paint and weathering to wipe right off. Some of the blue striping floated off like it was a decal, others required a second dunk. Based on Magnusstewardson's comment it sounds like there is some variability in the helmet paint application. My Ahsoka helmet dome had a rough raised texture under the orange that will need to be sanded off, the blue Phase II helmet cleaned right up. I hadn't decided what I'm going to do with this one yet but I don't think I'm going to leave it as a bare plastic Shiny.

IMG_5494.JPG

With the extremely small opening on the bottom of these helmets it’s always made me wonder how they actually put them on their heads.

A bath in Isopropyl alcohol allowed about 99% of the paint and weathering to wipe right off. Some of the blue striping floated off like it was a decal, others required a second dunk. Based on Magnusstewardson's comment it sounds like there is some variability in the helmet paint application. My Ahsoka helmet dome had a rough raised texture under the orange that will need to be sanded off, the blue Phase II helmet cleaned right up. I hadn't decided what I'm going to do with this one yet but I don't think I'm going to leave it as a bare plastic Shiny.

View attachment 549105
I did a phase II 332nd helmet in the alcohol dip as well, that ahsoka residue is a sticker, if you use a towel and rub it with alcohol and a slight fingernail scrape it will come right off. Nothing needed with much abrasive to make it break down.

@SOU7567 out here always fighting the good fight like:

View attachment 549760

“Only 1?”

It’s solid advice. Just one won’t do.

They need a friend at least; don’t want the trooper to get lonely, right?

Get ’em while you still can.

Yes, just the one for me. I don't think he'll feel too lonely. ;)

20211210_085548.jpg

I have Rex coming in early next year (hopefully) and I am thinking about getting the Coruscant Guard to put in this lineup. Could use some of the 501st accessories on him as well.

Just used remaining reward points at SS before the expiration date end 2021 to get the fith 501st, might stop at six or seven.

Just used remaining reward points at SS before the expiration date end 2021 to get the fith 501st, might stop at six or seven.

A good way to use up this points, DarkChocobi.

I’ve seen you say 7 before and I was curious about that number. Aside from 3, I think many people tend to choose an even number, like your alternate choice of 6.

A good way to use up this points, DarkChocobi.

I’ve seen you say 7 before and I was curious about that number. Aside from 3, I think many people tend to choose an even number, like your alternate choice of 6.
Yeah the original intention was aiming at 7 clones, 5 would be wearing 501st phase II helmet to group them with Rex, Jesse and CW Anakin (one clone will be riding that STAP). The remaining two will be wearing 332nd helmets to display with Ahsoka and captain Vaughn. That was the plan but I will have to adjust it to 6 due to real estate issue.

Yeah the original intention was aiming at 7 clones, 5 would be wearing 501st phase II helmet to group them with Rex, Jesse and CW Anakin (one clone will be riding that STAP). The remaining two will be wearing 332nd helmets to display with Ahsoka and captain Vaughn. That was the plan but I will have to adjust it to 6 due to real estate issue.

Ah that makes sense. 4 501st and 2 332nd would still look great with that set up in mind.

But I feel like you should pick up a 7th if your heart was set on it previously. You know you’ll want it when stock starts getting low. Better to have no regrets now then to look at prices in the future and feel incomplete.

Most of us have space issues so I understand. But maybe you can squeeze it in somewhere.

My original plan was 3 for….. Anakin. 501st. Rex. 332nd. Ahsoka. 332nd.
Once the first few showed up that plan got thrown out quickly. I bought 4 Coruscant Guards too, I originally planned on getting zero. The 501st Deluxe is probably low on a lot of peoples best of the year list, but I think it’s an easy top five for me. I’ve always limited myself to 2 troopers before, and I never buy duplicates of other figures. Now I can’t stop buying clones.

Back