Hot Toys: Thor - Thor Love and Thunder 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that many have seen the film..do you think it’s worth getting the deluxe with the gold arms :dunno

If I buy the figure I’ll probably end up getting the deluxe just so I have more display options with the arms and mask… even though I probably won’t use them lol

Personally, a movie doesn't need to justify getting a figure. Should just be based on whether you like it or not.
Good point, which is why I have snake eyes from retaliation and JL blue suit superman. The less said about those films the better :lol
But personally, even though I liked the blue and gold look, the way Thor was portrayed in the movie made this figure feel like a pass.

Last edited:
There is no justification for using CGI helmets, feels just lazy and weird and more expensive? There are tons of movies out there with characters who wear helmets, for example Lord of the rings... I can't really understand the decisions they make nowadays.
I agree it does seem weird and I don’t like it. But I was just trying to figure if there was some reason I wasn’t aware of why it would make more sense to use CGI instead of just putting a real helmet on. And yeah you are right, it is probably more expensive to digitally add a helmet to a film than to make an actual helmet

I agree it does seem weird and I don’t like it. But I was just trying to figure if there was some reason I wasn’t aware of why it would make more sense to use CGI instead of just putting a real helmet on. And yeah you are right, it is probably more expensive to digitally add a helmet to a film than to make an actual helmet
It's more expensive, but it also gives the studio freedom to make changes long after principal shooting wraps. They've said in interviews that they didn't decide on what suit Tom Holland would be wearing in NWH until the rest of the effects shots were nearly done.

It's a terrible way to make a movie, but it's what Marvel likes to do.

I guess Taika wanted Jane to mimic the comic book Mighty Thor..I was surprised how many times Portman kept the helmet on throughout the film while Thor ditched his mask in seconds :lol

In that specific scene, it looked to me like it was a blend of takes. Later in the same scene she is wearing the physical helmet instead of the CGI one. It looked to me as like editing it together, they realized continuity was off so just CGI'd the helmet on. Also that scene wasn't a center-piece scene, so I imagine in crunch time it got less attention than it should have.

In that specific scene, it looked to me like it was a blend of takes. Later in the same scene she is wearing the physical helmet instead of the CGI one. It looked to me as like editing it together, they realized continuity was off so just CGI'd the helmet on. Also that scene wasn't a center-piece scene, so I imagine in crunch time it got less attention than it should have.
That sounds very possible

After a second viewing, I enjoyed the film a bit more. I may still be in for this one if they don't announce another version of Thor... but I am hoping to see a Ravager Thor and would most likely buy that one instead.

I'm sure we will see Jane but I'm going to pass on her, along with Valkyrie and Gorr if they are made.

Wow did I not care for the movie at all. Thor needs a new director asap. Was digging Jane and Bale (from what little we got) but the rest was just terrible imo.

I'm still on the boat that the fur viking outfit is the best one he had in the movie and we only saw it for 5 minutes. Would 100% buy a figure of that outfit if they even bother doing more figures from this movie.

thor_marvel__1_.0.jpg

As someone looking for a single ‘definitive Thor’ to their collection, the fur cape outfit would be a no-brainer, as it looks the most like an MCU take on the outfit from the Jason Aaron run. I wonder if you could kitbash one using a Roadworn or Gladiator Thor, considering the main cuirass piece looks pretty similar.

Wow did I not care for the movie at all. Thor needs a new director asap. Was digging Jane and Bale (from what little we got) but the rest was just terrible imo.

I'm still on the boat that the fur viking outfit is the best one he had in the movie and we only saw it for 5 minutes. Would 100% buy a figure of that outfit if they even bother doing more figures from this movie.

thor_marvel__1_.0.jpg
Feel the same about the film as a whole and even more so with what they did with Thor specifically. Midlife crisis, literally stripped down, female to help save the day and wrapped in an apron. How much further does he have to be emasculated?

After a second viewing, I enjoyed the film a bit more. I may still be in for this one if they don't announce another version of Thor... but I am hoping to see a Ravager Thor and would most likely buy that one instead.

I'm sure we will see Jane but I'm going to pass on her, along with Valkyrie and Gorr if they are made.
I am hoping for a Ravager Thor as well. That look was awesome and he would go great with the Guardians.
Feel the same about the film as a whole and even more so with what they did with Thor specifically. Midlife crisis, literally stripped down, female to help save the day and wrapped in an apron. How much further does he have to be emasculated?
I don't think he was emasculated at all. Sure he was in a bit of a midlife-crisis, but in no way was he powerless and just a helpless being needed to be saved by a woman.

Sure, Jane came to help him in the end battle, but at great cost. What would've been emasculating is him dying and her carrying the mantle going on into the future. (Which was what I had expected from Disney these days).
This was no Moon Knight, who literally had to be saved by a woman every other instance, not even getting a final battle with the bad guy (convenient memory loss scene).

I really liked the film. Might be my favorite Thor movie yet and I for one am looking forward to seeing what classic Thor adventure is next.

I am going to see the movie this afternoon so I may change my mind after I see it.

That said, I don’t see anything wrong with him going through a midlife crisis, that is not an unnatural thing, probably not even for a being that lives thousands of years. After all Thor has had to deal with a lot of loss and trauma and could be at a point where he is reevaluating things like his direction, who he wants to be, etc.

Also on the surface of things I don’t think someone needing help at times (be it from a male or a female) is emasculating at all. Even Odin needed to be protected during his “Odin’s Sleep” is that emasculating? Or were the Big Three emasculated when they needed help at the end of Endgame?

Again, I may see things differently by this evening after I see how this film unfolds. I’m just saying in general I don’t think needing help sometimes feminizes or makes a man weak.

Last edited:
I hear ya bro. The whole Thor thing is similar to seeing Deadpool in the second film on stage wearing stilettos. I guess it's just me. Hope you have a great time viewing the film. Remember that there are always two snippets after the film during the rolling of the credits.

Back