Hot Toys: Thor - Thor Love and Thunder 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think by the time this releases, some changes may be amended in the laws. We can hope, anyway.
(I'm basing this on the fact that Popcultcha is still taking pre-orders for items with light-up options)
I'd prefer that HT adapt and make it some sort of micro USB powered option over batteries...but that seems unlikely.

Yea i mentioned in the comments of his Thor vid how I thought the sculpt was lazy even tho he was oddly praising it. He asked me if I could do better lol. I mean hey if you like you like it I guess😂
thor-chris-hemsworth.gif

Yeah I think some of the earlier figures neeed 2.0's. Not only A1 Thor 2.0, but I would've liked to see BW and Hulk too.

Hot Toys doesn't like to retread old ground but I thought it would've made sense to at least do Avengers Thor 2.0 with the film's anniversary, delays in Phase 4, 2012 Cap and Loki being made, and the Mk 7 having been released not too long ago.

Maybe for the 20th anniversary of the Avengers in 2032.

Yea i mentioned in the comments of his Thor vid how I thought the sculpt was lazy even tho he was oddly praising it. He asked me if I could do better lol. I mean hey if you like you like it I guess😂

That truly is the most idiotic thing he could’ve said in reply. If we could do better we probably wouldn’t be wasting our time or money on these things.

How can that be anyone's defence of a sculpt. That's essentially saying that if we can't do better, the provided sculpt is good enough for us. Honestly I can barely do a stick figure.

Last edited:
Wow,
I’m Surprised at that response from him. He was probably annoyed bk I suspect a lot of people were disappointed that they reused the AOU sculpt.

Wow,
I’m Surprised at that response from him. He was probably annoyed bk I suspect a lot of people were disappointed that they reused the AOU sculpt.

He believes that the addition of the scar, maybe extra skin texture and changes in the hair make it a totally new sculpt. And strictly speaking he's right, but he's perfectly aware that's not the issue.

He may as well be an official Hot Toys rep. The only thing he critiques are the use of the old fashion flight stand bases for bring overly large.

That is pretty arrogant of said video uploader.
Of course you can do better 😉😉😍
Wow,

Justin doesn't seem to like when you challenge/disagree with him, even though he says "Let me know your thoughts in the comments below." In his Clone Wars Darth Maul review he said the body was the same as Wolverine. I told him that was incorrect and it was actually the ANH Han Solo body, not the Wolverine body. He then argued with me saying that both the Darth Maul and Han Solo bodies were the Wolverine bodies b/c of the chest hair. He never replied after I corrected him again with more proof/reasons as to why they weren't the same. He doesn't care about your thoughts unless you agree with him.

Justin doesn't seem to like when you challenge him, even though he says "Let me know your thoughts in the comments below." In his Clone Wars Darth Maul review he said the body was the same as Wolverine. I told him that was incorrect and it was actually the ANH Han Solo body, not the Wolverine body. He then argued with me saying that both the Darth Maul and Han Solo bodies were the Wolverine bodies b/c of the chest hair. He never replied after I corrected him again with more proof/reasons as to why they weren't the same. He doesn't care about your thoughts unless you agree with him.

Most comments on his YouTube uploads are usually positive. So it would appear many collectors think the way he does unfortunately.

Most comments on his YouTube uploads are usually positive. So it would appear many collectors think the way he does unfortunately.
True. There are a lot of collectors out there who still just gush and aww over the realism and don't care if things are reused or not entirely accurate and tend to use Justin's reply of "can you do better?" as an excuse to justify when HT is being lazy. While yes, the realism is cool and the reason most of us are in this crazy game, with prices going up rather rapidly, our expectations should as well.

Strictly speaking on this L&T Thor, while I think it looks like a solid release, there's no denying that the headsculpt is a tweaked AOU/Roadworn sculpt. It could be something that looks the same in images but once in hand the differences can be seen. I thought the DX19 was just a rehash of the DX12 but that turned out to not be the case, so it's possible that maybe the images aren't showing the whole story. But, at the same time, it's HT and they have a reputation of just slightly tweaking previously released sculpts.

Last edited:
Justin doesn't seem to like when you challenge/disagree with him, even though he says "Let me know your thoughts in the comments below." In his Clone Wars Darth Maul review he said the body was the same as Wolverine. I told him that was incorrect and it was actually the ANH Han Solo body, not the Wolverine body. He then argued with me saying that both the Darth Maul and Han Solo bodies were the Wolverine bodies b/c of the chest hair. He never replied after I corrected him again with more proof/reasons as to why they weren't the same. He doesn't care about your thoughts unless you agree with him.
That’s unfortunate.

Hot Toys doesn't like to retread old ground but I thought it would've made sense to at least do Avengers Thor 2.0 with the film's anniversary, delays in Phase 4, 2012 Cap and Loki being made, and the Mk 7 having been released not too long ago.

Yeah that would've been ideal, but as mentioned by the forum, it seems HT don't cater well to anniversaries. For example, for ESB's 40th ann. some time back there was only a few repainted/repackaged figures and no big announcements. (Though the recent AotC anniversary with a nice variety of figures and the big C-3PO reveal feels unprecedented :lol)

Maybe for the 20th anniversary of the Avengers in 2032.

With how long they take maybe we'll be lucky for the 30th anniversary :ROFLMAO:

Yea, would be nice to get a 2.0 of those you mentioned as well as First Avenger Cap and IM2 Black Widow.

:exactly:

Yes! 2.0's of the earlier Marvel figures would be so welcome! Just imagine 2.0's of TFA Cap, IM2 BW, Thor 1, a proper die-cast IM Mark III.

Last edited:
You'd think by the time this releases, some changes may be amended in the laws. We can hope, anyway.
(I'm basing this on the fact that Popcultcha is still taking pre-orders for items with light-up options)
Yeah I noticed that!

Pretty much. He got annoyed with my comment about HT pricing. I even cited a great example how Dr. Strange was more than the Batman despite similarities from a product accessories standpoint and solicit timeframe.

Pretty much. He got annoyed with my comment about HT pricing. I even cited a great example how Dr. Strange was more than the Batman despite similarities from a product accessories standpoint and solicit timeframe.
yup. you can really tell his tone shift on his replies to comments that agree with him vs those that don't. I've noticed more and more that he also just flat out gives wrong info regarding accuracy as well as certain details and differences in comparisons. He'll say things like "I'm glad they did this b/c it's exactly how it was in the movie" and a lot of those times, that's not true. Maybe it's just a bad memory or he's trying to make things out to be more accurate to sell the figure than what it actually is. I've switched over to MrCollectionventures and Jedha Patrol, and of course now we have the Sideshow first looks. So, I don't really feel the need to watch Justin's reviews unless someone points something out specific that he mentions in his videos.

Last edited:
yup. you can really tell his tone shift on his replies to comments that agree with him vs those that don't. I've noticed more and that he also just flat out gives wrong info regarding accuracy as well as certain details and differences in comparisons. I've switched over to MrCollectionventures and Jedha Patrol, and of course now we have the Sideshow first looks. So, I don't really feel the need to watch Justin's reviews unless someone points something out specific that he mentions in his videos.
I’m sad to hear that about Justin.
MC and Jedha are both great I really enjoy both of their channels

I’m sad to hear that about Justin.
MC and Jedha are both great I really enjoy both of their channels
Yea, he'll say things like "I'm glad they did this b/c it's exactly how it was in the movie" and a I've caught a good handful of those times where that wasn't true. Maybe it's just a bad memory? Or, he's trying to make things out to be more accurate/better than what it actually is to sell the figure. I'm starting to think it's more of the latter as it's not hard to google some images or fire up the movie of said character to verify accuracy.

For awhile I really enjoyed his reviews (as I'm sure most did) even if his voice got a little more radio DJ sales ad-ish. But, as I started trying to engage more by commenting since he made it seem like he had a great community of collectors, I started seeing how it's only a great community if you agree with him and his view points. It's his channel and he can do whatever he wants of course, but it's just not for me anymore.

Justin’s reviews are like eating a chocolate cake, pretty to look at and delicious to eat, but zero nutritional value.

I always mute his videos because I literally cannot stand his voice, opinions and his “and take a closer look” quotes he uses in every review.

But credit where it’s due… his presentation is very nice.

Back