Hot Toys: Thor - Thor Love and Thunder 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man forgot they were still using the same sculpt of AOU. Holy **** was this a lazy one. They've had better likeness with the Rag/IW/EG faces.... so weird to downgrade on a 2024 figure.
Yeah. While this sculpt was an improvement on the DiCaprio sculpt of the Avengers figure, it's looking a bit generic now.

I’ve been waiting for this to release so I can get a set of the new bare arms for a custom. Now just have to wait for it to get parted out stateside which will be a couple more months

While I’ve never had an issue with the AOU sculpt (I prefer to the Ragnarok/IW sculpts), it’s still pretty lazy of HT use it again. Though, I guess this was before they were actually feeling any heat, and therefore need to do better, from InArt. Shouldn't expect too much from them given how many times they also reused the same Tony and Cap headsculpts.

Last edited:
I’m surprised this didn’t get the rolling eyes like the Jane Foster figure will have, which likely be the only character I get from this movie. I would’ve liked Thor’s fur armor with moveable eyes.

I’m surprised this didn’t get the rolling eyes like the Jane Foster figure will have, which likely be the only character I get from this movie. I would’ve liked Thor’s fur armor with moveable eyes.
Yea, it would’ve been nice of them to update the sculpt. However, Jane Foster only got the update b/c it appears to be a reuse of the AOTC Padme sculpt with new hair.

Tempted by this as i don't have a Thor but i get the feeling the prices are going to drop a fair bit since movie wasn't best received and the costume is not 'classic' Thor.

For some reason TBA has the standard at a higher price than deluxe.

Tempted by this as i don't have a Thor but i get the feeling the prices are going to drop a fair bit since movie wasn't best received and the costume is not 'classic' Thor.

That happens sometimes with TBA. It probably means he has extra deluxe and is just trying to get rid of some.

Yea, it would’ve been nice of them to update the sculpt. However, Jane Foster only got the update b/c it appears to be a reuse of the AOTC Padme sculpt with new hair.
It should be a different sculpt. Last year there was an update that showed sculpts of Tom Holland for the final suit in NWH, Jane Foster, and Sheri from Wakanda Forever. I hope they don't re-use the AOTC Padme sculpt. To me that's underwhelming.

I think this will be around for a while, for the reasons you said and the sculpt isn't new.

I'll wait for the artisan avengers 1 version that is inevitable.
Yes, count me in.

It should be a different sculpt. Last year there was an update that showed sculpts of Tom Holland for the final suit in NWH, Jane Foster, and Sheri from Wakanda Forever. I hope they don't re-use the AOTC Padme sculpt. To me that's underwhelming.

Yep, it should be a new sculpt, but more than likely isn't. If you compare the two sculpts and ignore the hair, you can see that the "updated" Jane Foster sculpt is the same as the Padme sculpt just under different lighting in the promo pics and probably slightly different paint apps.

Back