1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine looked perfect. I went to re-pose it and it literally fell apart/started crumbling in my hands.

What!? When? Where do you live?

Yeah it literally started crumbling when I went to repose him. I live in Florida. So I’m sure the humidity has a lot to do with it.

I went ahead and sent the jacket to geewhiz to sew real leather on top of it.

Mine looked perfect. I went to re-pose it and it literally fell apart/started crumbling in my hands.
Got mine in. Perfect condition.

Then I went to switch hands, and I see a small little area where i guess from futzing, got damaged. Not going to touch this figure and may have to go the geewhiz route. Anything I can do to temporarily repair that area? Its nots a full flake, but that spot wasnt there before.

Got mine in. Perfect condition.

Then I went to switch hands, and I see a small little area where i guess from futzing, got damaged. Not going to touch this figure and may have to go the geewhiz route. Anything I can do to temporarily repair that area? Its nots a full flake, but that spot wasnt there before.

Sorry to hear that man, mine was the exact same way. Looked completely mint, then when I went to move one of his arms one day to pose him differently it literally started crumbling.

Unfortunately there’s really nothing you can do. That’s why people hate pleather so much, you can’t treat it or condition it because it’s a non porous material. Your best bet would be to buy some Angelus leather sealer. It’s very thin paint designed to seal artwork that was done on leather and other similar fabrics. Just put a dab on the spot that started flaking/peeling. It’s definitely just a temporary fix though.

I just sold mine for $500.

My jacket didn’t fall apart yet so I figured I should strike while the iron was hot. Kinda sad, I really liked that figure (and scene). It’s a real bummer not having a leather jacket/sunglasses look.

Tech Noir can just represent T1, thankfully that figure has no problem.

I just sold mine for $500.

My jacket didn’t fall apart yet so I figured I should strike while the iron was hot. Kinda sad, I really liked that figure (and scene). It’s a real bummer not having a leather jacket/sunglasses look.

Tech Noir can just represent T1, thankfully that figure has no problem.
When was the last time HT released anything Terminator related? Probably many years ago now. I doubt they will revisit the franchise but you never know :dunno My 238 jacket is still holding up but as you see I got his arms down my his side. I dare not bend the arms and see the jacket crumble away in front of me:horror Just a matter of when and not if it will disintegrate I think.

The Tech Noir is still my fav though, and yep no problems with this figure whatsoever.

6gnTTDe.jpg

I3jmIWV.jpg

When was the last time HT released anything Terminator related? Probably many years ago now. I doubt they will revisit the franchise but you never know :dunno My 238 jacket is still holding up but as you see I got his arms down my his side. I dare not bend the arms and see the jacket crumble away in front of me:horror Just a matter of when and not if it will disintegrate I think.

The Tech Noir is still my fav though, and yep no problems with this figure whatsoever.

6gnTTDe.jpg

I3jmIWV.jpg

That’s how I have mine as well, arms down. D8B60EED-91E9-4DA3-8A01-E5621E289616.jpeg

6gnTTDe.jpg

I3jmIWV.jpg
Nice. I love the just arrived T-800!

Sorry to hear that man, mine was the exact same way. Looked completely mint, then when I went to move one of his arms one day to pose him differently it literally started crumbling.

Unfortunately there’s really nothing you can do. That’s why people hate pleather so much, you can’t treat it or condition it because it’s a non porous material. Your best bet would be to buy some Angelus leather sealer. It’s very thin paint designed to seal artwork that was done on leather and other similar fabrics. Just put a dab on the spot that started flaking/peeling. It’s definitely just a temporary fix though.
Should I go for satin or matte sealer?

When was the last time HT released anything Terminator related? Probably many years ago now. I doubt they will revisit the franchise but you never know :dunno [...]

I think it was the Genisys line? But yeah I'd be down for some new T figures, heck, I'd be up for reissues even, namely the 1/4 Endo and DX13 :monkey3

The thing is I don’t really know how well a T1 Sarah or Kyle would sell. Some of us would be into them, but if anything an updates T2 Sarah would make more sense.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a non HT company having a bash at the licence. T1 Sarah Connor is a big miss in my collection.
HT teased a 1/4 T1 Terminator many years ago.
Hj2ylEu.jpg

I suppose they got distracted by making this guy!

mms401-s9.jpg

:gah:

Yeah I'd defo get that 1/4 T1 Police Station Shootout figure, and defs Sarah Connor! (Plus Aliens Ripley 2.0 for that matter..)

Back