1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just follow these guys on instagram, they’re way cheaper too and it’s real leather also
thanks for the suggestion! Can't believe they made a real leather Jack Sparrow hat. Might have to ask them about that too.

But taking a quick look at their page, some of their stuff doesn't seem as refined as GeeWhiz. They had a random leather jacket on a HT Arnold body and tailoring looked too big with the leather used looking too thick to scale right.

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestion! Can't believe they made a real leather Jack Sparrow hat. Might have to ask them about that too.

But taking a quick look at their page, some of their stuff doesn't seem as refined as GeeWhiz. They had a random leather jacket on a HT Arnold body and tailoring looked too big with the leather used looking too thick to scale right.
Yeah I noticed that their quality isn’t as good as GeeWhiz but it’s good enough in my opinion. The last time I got a quote off GeeWhiz it was for a punisher leather trench coat and he told me it’s going to cost about USD $350 and that I need to send my figure for the tailoring where as this other guy told me it’ll cost USD $100 and that he already has bodies in hand so I don’t need to send anything for the tailoring

Yeah I noticed that their quality isn’t as good as GeeWhiz but it’s good enough in my opinion. The last time I got a quote off GeeWhiz it was for a punisher leather trench coat and he told me it’s going to cost about USD $350 and that I need to send my figure for the tailoring where as this other guy told me it’ll cost USD $100 and that he already has bodies in hand so I don’t need to send anything for the tailoring
That's understandable and definitely a downside about GeeWhiz. They've never asked me to send them a full figure before, just the items that need to be converted to real leather; but still, you'd think they'd have the template already if it was something they've done before. I honestly think it's just so they can take pics of it all put together for their social media if they make you send the full figure. That shouldn't be something we, the customer has to pay for, if it's solely for their own promotional purposes.

Last edited:
Update: just purchased a ready jacket for less than half of Gee Whiz's cost! Real leather and amazing quality, you can't go wrong here.

Attachments

• IMG_20230111_161933_215.jpg
    IMG_20230111_161933_215.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230111_161936_060.jpg
    IMG_20230111_161936_060.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230111_161940_779.jpg
    IMG_20230111_161940_779.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230111_161943_379.jpg
    IMG_20230111_161943_379.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Anybody know how long it normally takes GeeWhizCustoms to respond to an email about ordering a jacket? I emailed them Sunday morning and still have not heard anything.

It definitely takes them a while to respond to emails.

I heard back but the price and having to ship my jacket plus long wait times deterred me so I went with MAD leather studio
Yeah, thinking I might just have GeeWhiz build mine from scratch just to reduce international shipping headaches. It's only $75 more that way. Conversely, I could easily see spending $15 - $20 just shipping my jacket.

Update: just purchased a ready jacket for less than half of Gee Whiz's cost! Real leather and amazing quality, you can't go wrong here.
Not bad at all, especially considering the cost. Looks better than the other jacket I saw on their page that had a bit of a thicker leather.

Hi guys. Has anyone bought from “terminator_custom” on insta? Hes asking me to confirm receipt of goods befores hes shipped so he can access the money.

Hi guys. Has anyone bought from “terminator_custom” on insta? Hes asking me to confirm receipt of goods befores hes shipped so he can access the money.
Never do that. Only confirm after delivered. I assume its with paypal so if you confirm delivery you may not be able to open a claim.

I actually talk to him a lot . I don't know why but he started sending me pics of all the clothing , sculpts , diorama he's been making for about a year now . It almost seemed he was asking for approval on his work. I think he must know me from all my Youtube Terminator videos. He seems like a nice guy , very friendly . Him asking you that doesn't seem right . I wouldn't do it personally. On the other hand if you use PayPal you're 100% covered if anything happens. Good Luck :wave

Last edited by a moderator:
Back