1/6 Hot Toys - The Mandalorian: Transport Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO she's settling into the part well. Reminds me of Hemsworth who didn't blow me away at first either. Camera loves her. She's a believable @ss-kicker. A breath of fresh air after watching tiny little girls take out huge guys.

Don't see the issue of making a fig with her body - My Roadworn Thor is pretty beefy with rubber arms. Except, since it's a new body and sculpt, she'll cost $$$$.

They would need to do some extra work to make her look right, I'm ok with paying a little extra for that.

I'm trying to think, have we ever seen a company produce a 1/6 figure with that female body type? Although most actresses in movies and TV shows are rail thin anyway so I guess there hasn't been much need for it...

View attachment 502190

Thing is all their female bodies are undersized so they would need a thick fat suit that would kill any flexibility. Add the seamless arms that you should not bend for any extended amount of time and she would be a statue.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd use a smaller male muscle body upper torso/arms for her - her high-cut outfit would hide the cleavage mismatch, and the long gloves would hide any hand size mismatch.

Producing an mostly-new female seamless body just for a figure that's not hugely high on most people's 1/6 wishlist, and also doesn't have much if any reuse, would probably be a real barrier for HT.

She's a quite wooden/limited actor - I also don't get much charisma from her despite what they seem to want her to be - but I guess it sort of works for that shocktrooper/grunt persona. She's almost like one of Cameron's "Aliens" background space grunts, some of whom were more obviously scripted attitude and zinger lines than actual charisma/cool/badassery.

I'm torn on her character. On the one hand, she looks badass during fights, but the actress is just 'ok' in the acting department.

She's a badass in real life. Finally, actress that can seriously kick some ass.

She can break my spine with a single hand. However, the video above shows that how she was fit in the arena. She's borderline fat now.

She can break my spine with a single hand. However, the video above shows that how she was fit in the arena. She's borderline fat now.

No is not borderline fat. Maybe she doesn't fit typical anorexic white Hollywood female mold but she is not close to being fat

She's not fat. She's just wide... everywhere.

DMAJK86UMAIV6dB.jpg

eebdda68fcf603c0bd8d28df4cc14eae.jpg

She's like Marvel's Kingpin. "Despite popular belief, the character is not overweight, but rather most of his body mass is muscle..."

She looks and sells the part, but acting wise she's still a very weak link in the series. Not that I wouldn't say no to a Hot Toys figure... if they could figure out how to make her.

She's heavy, no doubt. Not sure how a doctor gauges "fat"... body height and weight have some formula, mass index somewhere. I'm quite certain she would be in the overweight category medically.

I'm torn on her character. On the one hand, she looks badass during fights, but the actress is just 'ok' in the acting department.

Same here. I?m really not a fan of the character and I think it?s because she just can?t act. I respect that she?s a good athlete but that doesn?t make her a good choice for a show.

Thick, sure, better term than fat. She's also thick in the fighting footage. Now compare her thighs during her sports fights and the show. She became certainly thicker. Triceps are not different. Torso might be the same.

She's not fat, I think maybe she's focused on strength now but she doesn't have a pot belly, just mass

She's heavy, no doubt. Not sure how a doctor gauges "fat"... body height and weight have some formula, mass index somewhere. I'm quite certain she would be in the overweight category medically.

I would bet money against that.

She looks fit and powerful and her BMI looks normal to me.

People shouldn't compare fighting weight to her normal body mass.

Anybody here ever cut weight? Before tournaments I'd hit the sauna before weigh-in, and gain 8-10 pounds back just at dinner.

I would bet money against that.

She looks fit and powerful and her BMI looks normal to me.

People shouldn't compare fighting weight to her normal body mass.

Anybody here ever cut weight? Before tournaments I'd hit the sauna before weigh-in, and gain 8-10 pounds back just at dinner.

I did for four years when I wrestled in high school. Most grueling thing I ever have done by far. Football was easy by comparison. Scrapping for hours in 100 degree rooms, all the running, the three layer sweatsuits, etc. The stuff we did to lose a couple pounds was crazy. Used to weigh in at 5am on Saturday for weekend tournaments and put on a ton of weight, then have to lose it all for the next meet on Tuesday. I was glad to be done, but it was rewarding at the time.

I did for four years when I wrestled in high school. Most grueling thing I ever have done by far. Football was easy by comparison. Scrapping for hours in 100 degree rooms, all the running, the three layer sweatsuits, etc. The stuff we did to lose a couple pounds was crazy. Used to weigh in at 5am on Saturday for weekend tournaments and put on a ton of weight, then have to lose it all for the next meet on Tuesday. I was glad to be done, but it was rewarding at the time.

Cutting is harder for some people than others, depends on target weight relative to walking weight, physiology etc. I had it pretty easy. Go all out in fight camp for 8 weeks, eat right, and spend 2-3 hours (intermittently!) in the sauna the morning of, and I could make weight easily.

I once and had to shave a kid's head so he could make weight. He wasn't happy but then maybe he should have been more conscientious. :lol

Women generally have a much harder time cutting than dudes.

I once and had to shave a kid's head so he could make weight. He wasn't happy but then maybe he should have been more conscientious. :lol

Yeah weighing in over was definitely frowned upon and would certainly catch you some heat from other teammates. I never did but I remember the desperation of those who did, a haircut definitely would not have been out of the question:lol

Yeah weighing in over was definitely frowned upon and would certainly catch you some heat from other teammates. I never did but I remember the desperation of those who did, a haircut definitely would not have been out of the question:lol

Yeah, in our case we'd traveled to another country to fight, so not making weight simply wasn't an option. It's been a while and maybe a few knocks on the head, I actually can't remember if he won his fight or not. :lol

By the calculation, yeah, probably overweight. But I get a pass every physical because body building throws the BMI calculations off. It's a gray area for medically diagnosing obesity, dependent on related health factors. According to google she's 5'8" and 143 lbs, but that CAN'T be the right weight currently. No chance. She LOOKS around 170 to me.

By the calculation, yeah, probably overweight. But I get a pass every physical because body building throws the BMI calculations off. It's a gray area for medically diagnosing obesity, dependent on related health factors. According to google she's 5'8" and 143 lbs, but that CAN'T be the right weight currently. No chance. She LOOKS around 170 to me.

Good guess, I'd say the same.

Back