Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the mouth have a ratchet mechanism ? Or is it just stiff, I've manGed to get it shut a couple of times now carefully but it requires it being closed shut and leave my hand in position and then very carefully taking my hand away and it stays in place, not planning on keeping the pose, just need to know he can do it...

Mine is also fine after much posing and mouth moving, not really giving a **** if it's going to tear type attitude.

Not that this should matter, but I believe this thing is going to be worth a bundle in a few years just due to how many people didn't pick it up over fear of the tear.

Does the mouth have a ratchet mechanism ? Or is it just stiff, I've manGed to get it shut a couple of times now carefully but it requires it being closed shut and leave my hand in position and then very carefully taking my hand away and it stays in place, not planning on keeping the pose, just need to know he can do it...
I believe it's on a ratchet.

Mine is also fine after much posing and mouth moving, not really giving a **** if it's going to tear type attitude.

Not that this should matter, but I believe this thing is going to be worth a bundle in a few years just due to how many people didn't pick it up over fear of the tear.

Yeah, if it tears, at least the tear can be easily hidden by the collar on his robe.

I believe it's on a ratchet.

Yeah, if it tears, at least the tear can be easily hidden by the collar on his robe.
Thanks GG, that's what I feared, the jaw on mine is stiff but doesn't feel like it's on a ratchet :-(

My figure has arrived to the retailer, now I'm wondering what to do, buy it or skip it (paid 10% deposit)... I'm afraid about that mouth problem, there can be problem, if not soon, then later... I also have the Sideshow version, which I like.

The topic is rather quiet - I'm not sure if this is because a lot of collectors cancelled it or everyone is happy and the mouth problem just happened with a minority... Hmmm... Any advice? :)

My figure has arrived to the retailer, now I'm wondering what to do, buy it or skip it (paid 10% deposit)... I'm afraid about that mouth problem, there can be problem, if not soon, then later... I also have the Sideshow version, which I like.

The topic is rather quiet - I'm not sure if this is because a lot of collectors cancelled it or everyone is happy and the mouth problem just happened with a minority... Hmmm... Any advice? :)

Had mine for months, no issues. Even had its mouth closed for a week, before the reports started cropping up. I'd say go for it. Even if it does wind up tearing a year down the road, the tear happens in a spot that's easily hidden by the collar of his robes. I mean, you'll know it's there, but at least it wouldn't be visible, lol.

Finally decided to be brave since I needed to use a promo code and had Sideshow Rewards needing to be spent. Kept going back and forth between Sideshow (which I originally preordered than canceled) and this, then held off after the chin issue. Keeping my fingers crossed it shows up fine. If not, I have no doubt Sideshow will take are of it, but obviously better if it's just fine to start with.

I'll find this out real soon, but anyone know if he fits in a Detolf sitting down? I know the Sideshow one doesn't without extending it.

Last edited:
tempImagejmYA1x.jpg

So.... Grogu showed up today, and all I can say is that I am in love. He is super adorable and very realistic. The mouth on mine arrived slightly open (just as in the photo), and I'm not touching it out of precaution.

I did notice that when you shine a flashlight into his eyes that there are like some micro scratches, not unlike similar scratches I have seen on some Hot Toys glossy armored figures. They're not visible to the naked eye.... just when you go in close with the light, though I couldn't capture them in a photo. Also, the left leg on mine seems a bit looser than the right leg. Anyone else have these experiences?

Still, incredible figure!

Just a heads up for people who have this.

Someone posted a picture on LYGS where one of the eyes had a cloudy film layer develop inside. They said it wasn’t there when they first got it.

Check your figures. It feels like they really mangled the quality control with this figure.

09E621F5-0AC8-4A2F-B6E1-E609F85FC4FA.jpeg
7F880952-A451-4D11-8293-0E8DF94D4F7A.jpeg

I've had mine for well over a year displayed in a high traffic part of my house (living room) on a shelf and I haven't had a single issue at all. Hell, I even dress him up for holidays so he definitely has seen use and he's even taken a tumble once and I still haven't had a single problem with him.

Had mine for a 6 months and so far no issues. I prefer the HT version over the SS one even though it's not accurate to the prop. If SS made theirs with articulation it would be the clear winner for me.

25% off at Sideshow on the Daily Deal sale!!! Only good until 9am this morning PST (less than 2 hours)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221101-212343_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221101-212343_Chrome.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 0
We may get this discount again on black friday. Its a good deal. I already have the sideshow version though, it was an impulse buy.

Back