Hot Toys - 1/6 Episode II AOTC - Super Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know the differences between the mandalorian and aotc?

SBD.jpg

AOTC - CW - Mando

The Mando ones are closer to the CW version. Bulkier, rounder, simplified design.

I do think a Super Battle Droid would look great alongside Dooku... but it would have to be an AOTC SBD. Asta's comparison has convinced me to wait.

Besides, I suppose the best sidekick for Dooku is Jango.

They are already doing Death Watch Mando so it is kind of a no-brainer to do an enemy for him.

It looks a bit more like the deluxe accessory to a deluxe set than a figure in its own right.

Like it should be part of a diorama the Death Watch Mandalorian is standing on.

I hope it's a very early prototype.

I was so excited when I saw this in the background but it looks so bad.

Trash it, start from scratch and give us the version from AOTC, not the budget one from Mando.

The scale is too small compared to a HT 12”

I don’t think army building this is worth the money

It’s pretty rough as it is now. I can see them putting this out though as it can work with both CW (since they’re doing clones now, droids are an inevitable must), Mando, and even though not accurate PT. They’ll still sell regardless as to the collector that doesn’t know the difference between them will want it

A repaint on this guy could really put it over the edge. Needs to be a cooler, less shiny metal with more mottling and tone variation. It needs to look like it has weight. The current paint job looks like a toy.

You know what I'd love to see? A New Republic Security Droid. That was an awesome design

Last edited:
Back