Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that discount! They must really be wanting to get rid of these! I may be tempted to buy one.
I’m sure they’re sitting on a pile of these since Hot Toys went and announced then released the Return of the Jedi version which is what it seems most people actually wanted. Plus, it seems the $400+ pieces have plenty of extra markup so there’s room for deeper discounts.

Arrived from Sideshow shortly ago! :panic::panic::panic:

I know people say it all the time, but this is a set that really does look better in person than in photos.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Yeah getting him on the bike is a chore isn't it. Those magnets you place in the foot rests don't seem to do much in the way of helping keep his feet in place. But boy does he look good!

View attachment 600768
View attachment 600769
You’ve got him in a great position on the bike. I tried that but couldn’t get it anywhere near as well as you. The magnets are strange, they are quite strong and snap onto his feet well but as soon as you put them into the pedal they seem to loose strength. I guess it’s because of the strange physics of the body on the bike, you get one foot on and the other lifts away, the feet and the pedals just don’t align very well.

You’ve got him in a great position on the bike. I tried that but couldn’t get it anywhere near as well as you. The magnets are strange, they are quite strong and snap onto his feet well but as soon as you put them into the pedal they seem to loose strength. I guess it’s because of the strange physics of the body on the bike, you get one foot on and the other lifts away, the feet and the pedals just don’t align very well.
Thanks! Yeah that was my experience with the magnets as well.

I was determined to get that good crouched look on the bike and it took some time. I figured out the trick is to first put his arms way up, almost like he's holding them above his head, before putting him on the bike. Then push the handlebars as far forward on the bike as they can go (this got easier when I realized there's another pivot point where the handle connects to the handlebar so you can swing those forward which puts them even farther out toward the front of the bike).

After his arms are stretched way out and his butt is on the seat and his head as far up as it can go, then I worked on getting his knees and hips bent as much as possible. Then lastly brought the footrest up to meet his feet.

Back