Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on making a stand and using a clear pole for the bike too. I understand the use of a bendy support though. Lots of cool angles can be achieved with it.
To mimic that I may drill a few holes in the base at different angles and hide them with a rock cluster. That way I can get a little tilt to the bike if I want it or just have it completely level.

I replaced the black pole on the Probe Droid to a clear plexiglass pole (from Ebay) and it looks fine but not perfect.

Because it is round, it will capture light from all over the room and not "disappear", so unfortunately doesn't provide the "floating" looking. But its a good option to have.
Indeed it is not perfect, but it is a good option to have. In a darker display it will look great.

I replaced the black pole on the Probe Droid to a clear plexiglass pole (from Ebay) and it looks fine but not perfect.

Because it is round, it will capture light from all over the room and not "disappear", so unfortunately doesn't provide the "floating" looking. But its a good option to have.
Thanks for the Ebay referral. I wonder if a flat or semi-gloss clear coat might help with cutting down the glare while maintaining somewhat of a transparency. Or a once over with a red sanding stick?

UPS just dropped it off a couple hours ago. Incredible set. I can’t wait to spend a little more time with it.
9C80C007-920F-4E7A-BAEB-D900DD2630E8.jpeg
B797190F-62FF-4E91-BDE8-145C21B7FE51.jpeg

Really great base Coco...he looks awesome just standing there. Side note: that boot material really took me by surprise--really nice to see HT using different materials that hopefully stand the test of time. I might try some dry metallic brushing on the pistol and bike--but the paint job on the white parts is A+.

Thanks for the Ebay referral. I wonder if a flat or semi-gloss clear coat might help with cutting down the glare while maintaining somewhat of a transparency. Or a once over with a red sanding stick?
Ditto on the clear rod. I could only find a listing with I think 5 so I cut them down to varying lengths depending on the display.

But I think it looks fine as is. Collectibles shouldn't be where it's super bright and it's never bothered me.

@MyenShi @TurdFurgusonsHat and anyone else wishing for trigger fingers...

I agree with you, I also wish HT would have included a standard trigger finger glove. I've successfully modded grip hands before to use as a proper trigger finger. The softer plastic on the Scout gloves are perfect for this.

Using an X-acto knife you can (carefully) cut between the index and middle finger of the gripping hand. The index finger on the Scout grip glove is sculpted rather short, so depending on the blaster rifle, reaching the trigger can be a stretch. As you can see from the pics, it's not quite able to cover the trigger on the MG/DLT and DLT20A, but it still works okay. The other 3 fingers can also wrap around the blaster's pistol grip correctly. It can make a decent trigger finger hand where none exists like for the Scouts.

I've modded the right and left grip hands on both of my Scouts, and it makes holding the blaster rifles so much nicer.

sbhandmod-1_orig.jpg

sbhandmod-02_orig.jpg

sbhandmod-3_orig.jpg

sbhandmod-4_orig.jpg

sb16_orig.jpg

Last edited:
You are far braver than I my friend. That picture made me wince because it looks painful. Both for the collectible and feeling it in my hand physically.

I’ve put together enough model and Warhammer 40K kits to have done similar operations to myself a few times. :lol

Still a good, quick solution.

I think I have extra gloves trigger hands somewhere. If not they’re cheap on eBay,
TA, or Monkey Depot. It won’t be a perfect match but they’re black so it won’t be noticeable from a distance.

@MyenShi @TurdFurgusonsHat and anyone else wishing for trigger fingers...

I agree with you, I also wish HT would have included a standard trigger finger glove. I've successfully modded grip hands before to use as a proper trigger finger. The softer plastic on the Scout gloves are perfect for this.

Using an X-acto knife you can (carefully) cut between the index and middle finger of the gripping hand. The index finger on the Scout grip glove is sculpted rather short, so depending on the blaster rifle, reaching the trigger can be a stretch. As you can see from the pics, it's not quite able to cover the trigger on the MG/DLT and DLT20A, but it still is works okay. The other 3 fingers can also wrap around the blaster's pistol grip correctly. It can make a decent trigger finger hand where none exists like for the Scouts.

I've modded the right and left grip hands on both of my Scouts, and it makes holding the blaster rifles so much nicer.

sbhandmod-1_orig.jpg

sbhandmod-2_orig.jpg

sbhandmod-3_orig.jpg

sbhandmod-4_orig.jpg

sb16_orig.jpg
Why didn't you heat the finger and bend it straight?

pistol finger.jpg

Thanks @MyenShi and ouch! That'll teach ya! "No 1:1 scale fingers were harmed during the performance of this mod." 😬

Sure would be nice to have a few extra Scout gloves to experiment on, if you can find them loose. It would be interesting to do a full swap out with a different figure pair of hands all together, something with a proper trigger finger. So many possibilities beyond this budget free hack. Nice thing about it is... loose hands are, most of the time, cheap. 😉

Hey @jkno, that's certainly a good option! Thanks for the mention. Until I pick up some additional loose Scout hands or find a suitable replacement pair altogether. I'd like to still use the grip hands for gripping the speederbike handles. This way the grip hand will still look right when the Scout is posed on the bike without a permanent formed trigger finger. Due to the softer plastic, the finger can return to a near normal postion, and the slice between the fingers is hardly noticeable.😉

Last edited:
I’ve tried heating those softer plastics up before and attempted to get them to hold their shape but they tend to just fold back to near the original position no matter what. Harder plastics will hold their shape when heated and cooled but not those hands usually I have found.

I agree @Cocoboloboy . I especially think that would be the case with the Scout gloved hands as they are very flexible. Part of the issue is not just moving the plastic under heat and cooling it down, but stretching the underside plastic of the index finger.

I think if I needed to have an absolute straight index finger, I would add a small section of wire trimmed from a paper clip and insert it into length of the finger from the tip, which has worked well with a similar gloved bbi hand.

Turns out that the wire gives the finger some bendable articulation. It was a situation where I liked the gripping glove sculpt, but I also needed a trigger finger. It was too soft to heat shape, so index finger trimmed and insert wire mod worked out great. I may still add the wire, but would like to do this on an extra pair. It's a unique glove sculpt that think is worth the extra effort to mod.

Last edited:
I agree @Cocoboloboy . I especially think that would be the case with the Scout gloved hands as they are very flexable. Part of the issue is not just moving the plastic under heat and cooling it down, but stretching the underside plastic of the index finger.

I think if I needed to have an absolute straight index finger, I would add a small section of wire trimmed from a paper clip and insert it into length of the finger from the tip, which has worked well with a similar gloved bbi hand.

Turns out that the wire gives the finger some bendable articulation. It was a situation where I liked the gripping glove sculpt, but I also needed a trigger finger. It was too soft to heat shape, so index finger trimmed and insert wire mod worked out great. I may still add the wire, but would like to do this on an extra pair. It's a unique glove sculpt that think is worth the extra effort to mod.
Yeah, heat and chill only works for certain types of plastics. Hot Toys hands are not receptive to it, either being too hard to make any difference heating or too soft to maintain the new form.

The Scout looks really good with the DLT-20A. I have one from the Snowtrooper set which I was going to give the Scout.

I should do something with the rocket launcher from that set. Maybe I'll make the little generator thing the Scouts were shooting at and give a Scout the rocket launcher to shoot at it in frustration.

True that! 😉

I wish I was collecting back when the Snow Trooper Set was released. Such an awesome HT set with a nice selection of weapons and gear. Sadly, I missed a lot of incredible fig's.

Sounds good, I like mixing up the weapons for the Scouts, and that'll be very cool for them to have some other in universe pieces to interface with... I have a few ideas brewing concerning that too!

Sponsored by BlasTech Industries
☕

Last edited:
Back