Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just charged from ss... hopefully tomorrow! Last time with IG and single scout they charged and it shipped 7 days later. So I'll see when the tracking shows up, tonite I hope.🤔
Sideshow charged me as well. Same, IG-11 took a week to ship.

Can't wait to see those boots, though!

RlQu2su - Imgur.gif

Sideshow charged me as well. Same, IG-11 took a week to ship.

Can't wait to see those boots, though!

View attachment 532730
😂
Lol!!
Now there's a new take on shoplifting!

"Yeah we got a 5160c ... Cosplay Shock and Misdirection!"

"Excuse me sir you can't take that stuff and just walk out of... YES! YES I CAN!! Just stay back and look at my FANTABULOUS BOOTS!

Ha! Hey how does this keep happening to us! I guess were shipping buddies again!
🤗
too funny we keep ending up on the same shipment sched.

Did you get a 501st Dlx arriving early email too! Lol

😂
Lol!!
Now there's a new take on shoplifting!

"Yeah we got a 5160c ... Cosplay Shock and Misdirection!"

"Excuse me sir you can't take that stuff and just walk out of... YES! YES I CAN!! Just stay back and look at my FANTABULOUS BOOTS!

Ha! Hey how does this keep happening to us! I guess were shipping buddies again!
🤗
too funny we keep ending up on the same shipment sched.

Did you get a 501st Dlx arriving early email too! Lol
Always better with audio. I should recreate this scene with the speeder bike.

Yep, looks like we're on the same schedule again my friend. I haven't placed an order for the 501st yet, but plan to soon.

It's exciting to get something early for once and I'm happy it's shipping so soon for a lot of folks. Look forward to seeing more in-hand impressions.

But it does throw off the planning a bit when it's so far in advance of the release date. Yet other figures keep getting pushed back. :lol

But it does throw off the planning a bit when it's so far in advance of the release date. Yet other figures keep getting pushed back. :lol
Way better with audio!
Agreed... I'm sure for many of us to have the Scout and Bike arriving then the 501st close after... :oops:

Way better with audio!
Agreed... I'm sure for many of us to have the Scout and Bike arriving then the 501st close after... :oops:
Yeah, it's a bit packed right now if you're a trooper collector (Scout, Scout and bike, 501st, Shock Trooper) + IG-11.

I have a feeling the worst affected part of the manufacturing process for Hot Toys is headsculpt painting since that's the most human intensive process. So perhaps some more headsculpt-less troopers might be pushed forward.

Mando Stormtrooper Commander could be a little early, maybe Death Watch Mandalorian.

Yeah, it's a bit packed right now if you're a trooper collector (Scout, Scout and bike, 501st, Shock Trooper) + IG-11.

I have a feeling the worst affected part of the manufacturing process for Hot Toys is headsculpt painting since that's the most human intensive process. So perhaps some more headsculpt-less troopers might be pushed forward.

Mando Stormtrooper Commander could be a little early, maybe Death Watch Mandalorian.
Yep Scout & IG-11 that's right, earlier this month and on top of what's coming. Wow, what a month it's been for releases, po's, coming soon stuff. Fall Q is going to get heavy too.

So, do you have any special plans to display the Scout and Bike? Just curious what others are doing. I still need to figure this out myself, but for now I'll have it out on the desk so I can get familiar with it, set it up, design poses, mods, and pics. :)

Yep Scout & IG-11 that's right, earlier this month and on top of what's coming. Wow, what a month it's been for releases, po's, coming soon stuff. Fall Q is going to get heavy too.

So, do you have any special plans to display the Scout and Bike? Just curious what others are doing. I still need to figure this out myself, but for now I'll have it out on the desk so I can get familiar with it, set it up, design poses, mods, and pics. :)
I have a large cabinet that’s holding most of my troopers and some helmets. I’ll probably pack up some remaining non Star Wars figures and put it there for now.

I’d like Moducases in the future.

But it sounds like a fun thing to have on your desk. I keep some 3.75” or 6” figures on my desk to display or pose around in-between tasks.

Maybe you can get an acrylic case made for it and make it a permanent fixture. Put your monitor on the case and call it a (very expensive) stand.

I have two of these on order because I felt like I just had to recreate the scene with the two troopers, but how to display them is the big question, with space always at a premium. I’m going to have to think of something though, since my old reliable detolfs aren’t likely to be a viable solution.

I have a large cabinet that’s holding most of my troopers and some helmets. I’ll probably pack up some remaining non Star Wars figures and put it there for now.

I’d like Moducases in the future.

But it sounds like a fun thing to have on your desk. I keep some 3.75” or 6” figures on my desk to display or pose around in-between tasks.

Maybe you can get an acrylic case made for it and make it a permanent fixture. Put your monitor on the case and call it a (very expensive) stand.
I have two of these on order because I felt like I just had to recreate the scene with the two troopers, but how to display them is the big question, with space always at a premium. I’m going to have to think of something though, since my old reliable detolfs aren’t likely to be a viable solution.
Moducase, nice!
This large size release presented some unique challenges. The Detolf's are decent, but my first couple of them are filling up quick. I'll be looking at additional cabinets that have extra WxHxD. Space in the room is not really an issue, but with so many future releases, I've been trying to get ready. When the po's arrive early it does push my display contingency further out. I plan on having the Scout and bike in a enclosed cabinet once I settle on the right one.

I have a small, dedicated hobby space with desk and lighting that's good for laying out a figure and accessories that I can also use for unboxing or customizing and mod work. When something arrives I look forward to unboxing and having the figure there on the desk for while. I enjoy taking my time before finding a final display pose and then it goes to the display once I'm satisfied with it.

Hey it's OFD!

Last edited:
I have a small, dedicated hobby space with desk and lighting that's good for laying out a figure and accessories that I can also use for unboxing or customizing and mod work. When something arrives I look forward to unboxing and having the figure there on the desk for while. I enjoy taking my time before finding a final display pose and then it goes to the display once I'm satisfied with it.
That sounds sublime. My hobby space/work shop is a mess, but i think this method is worth clearing a space for. I rarely take the time to repose anything after it goes in the case, and i feel like that detracts from the real fun of it. It'd never dawned on me to do the fine art approach of doing a lot of proverbial thumb nails and study sketches first. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you ridetofight for the kind words!

After years of doing 1/6 scale hobby work in the garage, where I can sand, paint, and generally make a mess at any given moment the flash of inspiration happens, I decided I wanted a clean and organized space to do more curating duties inside, and closer to the display area.

Things like fuzting, light modding, hand painting, simple repairs, organizing accessories, and battery changes are made enjoyable with an organized drawer and a clean work surface.

It has been a wonderful addition to the organized chaos of the traditional work bench environment, which I still do use for those times when necessity dictates, because sometimes you just have to make a mess.

For this corner space against a wall, I chose a smaller Ikea desk called Micke that has a large single drawer, a smaller drawer, and an opening lower cabinet with three shelves.

Last edited:
Here are a few I took a while back, realy need to take the padding off of the legs!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 87
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg