Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Axe Woves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys apparently only sculpts superhero characters now. That guy got screwed on the show too in the name of Kathleen Kennedy's girl power.
Can't wait for Padme

1653904999149.png

I wish I had your guys hope. I think it’s a done deal the only chance a HS would happen is if/when they make his updated s3 look. But the ship has totally sailed for this initial release.

Yeah - there’s a reason Koska is $270 and Axe is $235, and it’s because Axe doesn’t include a head sculpt. They’re not going to throw one in for free at that price.

I think that might have had more to do with her likeness rights being complicated as they were tied up in WWE contracts and what not.

Hot Toys has surpised us before, but I agree it's unlikely given the long wait time that this gets addressed.

They shot themselves in the foot by not including a head with this. If he has a bigger role in the future, people are just going to hold out for the next version.

Unless they're going to revise the official retail price, which is probably causes mayhem and rage among who already preordered. HS is definitely 100% not happening. Wait for SS3 version instead.

I feel like Axe is the most dull of the three anyways. I mostly want Bo Katan but haven’t ordered her yet.

Last edited:
Yeah - there’s a reason Koska is $270 and Axe is $235, and it’s because Axe doesn’t include a head sculpt. They’re not going to throw one in for free at that price.

That $235 price tag will be the big selling point once people have their Bo’s and Koska figures. Which’ll be even sweeter once it’s discounted with free shipping like every other figure nowadays:lol

That $235 price tag will be the big selling point once people have their Bo’s and Koska figures. Which’ll be even sweeter once it’s discounted with free shipping like every other figure nowadays:lol
I think that’s right and that Hot Toys rightly-predicted they’ll move more Axe Woves at $235 without headsculpt than they would at $270 with. I mean just look at all the people who army built with Death Watch Mandalorian, also priced at $235.

HT has been caving to peer pressure a lot lately. Hasbro including unmasked heads with their toys might make HT feel inclined to prove themselves superior and include one with theirs. Mysterio did get a headsculpt although it was briefly originally solicited with one and then removed within hours with no change in price so there is a bit of a precedent there. It all just comes down to how much HT wants to show off.

You guys really think Hot Toys has a single care about Hasbro Black Series? I hear that a lot on FB groups and never bought into it.

If anything, that seems like a Mafex/Figuarts problem but I can’t imagine it’s anything more than that:lol

HT has been caving to peer pressure a lot lately. Hasbro including unmasked heads with their toys might make HT feel inclined to prove themselves superior and include one with theirs. Mysterio did get a headsculpt although it was briefly originally solicited with one and then removed within hours with no change in price so there is a bit of a precedent there. It all just comes down to how much HT wants to show off.

Yeah it was cool for them to throw in the Mysterio head sculpt after it was speculated that it wasn't being included. Come to think of it, if Mysterio were solicited today, it'd be a $300 figure :horror

You guys really think Hot Toys has a single care about Hasbro Black Series? I hear that a lot on FB groups and never bought into it.

If anything, that seems like a Mafex/Figuarts problem but I can’t imagine it’s anything more than that:lol
Agreed. The idea that Hot Toys cares one iota about what Hasbro is doing is laughable.

Back