Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Axe Woves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought about the heavy mandalorian. I'll cave and get him just because I know I'll want him when Koska is standing next to Bo-Katan, and he wont be anywhere to be found

Heavy Mando was released at a very different time, coming out in the middle of the pandemic with a smaller run.

They’ve produced larger quantities of many figures since then, and flooded the market with a ton of releases.

It seems like they’re going back to smaller production numbers with figures solicited earlier this year if the pre-sell outs at Sideshow are an indication (and they might not be).

Axe probably still falls under being produced in higher numbers since he was solicited a while ago. So I don’t think there’s an immediate rush.

That said, the figure looks great so no harm in getting him early. I’ll probably wait for a bit though. Feel like I got burned by buying a lot of figures early this cycle with all the discounts and BOGO offers.

Heavy Mando was released at a very different time, coming out in the middle of the pandemic with a smaller run.

They’ve produced larger quantities of many figures since then, and flooded the market with a ton of releases.

It seems like they’re going back to smaller production numbers with figures solicited earlier this year if the pre-sell outs at Sideshow are an indication (and they might not be).

Axe probably still falls under being produced in higher numbers since he was solicited a while ago. So I don’t think there’s an immediate rush.

That said, the figure looks great so no harm in getting him early. I’ll probably wait for a bit though. Feel like I got burned by buying a lot of figures early this cycle with all the discounts and BOGO offers.
Yeah I feel burned on a few figures as well, especially a few of them that got a 20% discount

I was going to pick him up, but he will have to wait.

I am going to have to pre-order AOTC Anakin and Padme. With Hot Toys' new business model of smaller production runs, they will not last long.

Already delivered from Timewalker. My first experience with them and it was great.

As far as this guy goes, he’s just visually amazing. Especially in person. While I’m partial to the Death Watch Troopers, I think the colors on Axe actually make him stand out more than the standard DW fig.

No regrets not waiting a year for 20% off and $5 shipping for him to enjoy him on my shelf starting now:lol

3DE4A844-6E06-4517-B60C-0F9BF7B53242.jpeg

Nice work on the paint, Art. I toyed with the idea of fixing the bib too but I ended up liking how subtle it looks being a gray color. We’ll see how my OCD feels about it in the future though:lol

Already delivered from Timewalker. My first experience with them and it was great.

As far as this guy goes, he’s just visually amazing. Especially in person. While I’m partial to the Death Watch Troopers, I think the colors on Axe actually make him stand out more than the standard DW fig.

No regrets not waiting a year for 20% off and $5 shipping for him to enjoy him on my shelf starting now:lol

View attachment 612681
"Man in a suit". Awesome pic.

Mine was delivered today from a local seller. I’ll probably unbox him in the next few days.

Nice work on the paint, Art. I toyed with the idea of fixing the bib too but I ended up liking how subtle it looks being a gray color. We’ll see how my OCD feels about it in the future though:lol
Thanks! Yeah I was originally going to leave it as well, but ended up buying the vest/bib as a loose part from toy anxiety so I was like screw it lol.

Back