1/6 Hot Toys - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Captain America

Sorry for ruining your MCU experience going forward. A lot of the suits might look like one piece, but they usually have this vest over their suits, which is a great thing for Hot Toys figures.

Example, both the Captain America, US Agent, Cap. Marvel, probably a few more.

Where is my US AGENT?! The real hero of this series. Great character, great actor.

The delivery of him shouting MorgenTHAU and lets finish this, chills.

New Cap suit looks amazing in figure form. Especially the head looks too real. If you are a Captain America, this has to be a 9,5/10 right? 10/10 if they included Red Wing.

Re: Hot Toys - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Captain America

Sorry for ruining your MCU experience going forward. A lot of the suits might look like one piece, but they usually have this vest over their suits, which is a great thing for Hot Toys figures.

Example, both the Captain America, US Agent, Cap. Marvel, probably a few more.

Where is my US AGENT?! The real hero of this series. Great character, great actor.

The delivery of him shouting MorgenTHAU and lets finish this, chills.

New Cap suit looks amazing in figure form. Especially the head looks too real. If you are a Captain America, this has to be a 9,5/10 right? 10/10 if they included Red Wing.

They are including Red Wing....???? apparently not the 2 booster things....for me that was sort of a nice tie back to Wakanda, where in
IW, Falcon had 3 drones.

Yeah, Walker and Zemo pretty much escaped the what I think of as the *treatment*, so where is Zemo, I'd probably get him in a nanosecond. Unless the sculpt was totally botched. I'd expect the mask to be cloth and removeable.

Sorry for ruining your MCU experience going forward.

Depends. It major bites to write off my fav MCU character re movies/series, and another fav, thanks to a self-indulgent showrunner and producer Nate Moore and Feige - but if that's their business plan (target parts of the audience and blow off other expectations) and losing customers here and there; am sure the Disney media analysts decided they didn't need to worry about disgruntled "original fans". Plenty of people liked the show.

Hopefully I enjoy Loki, anyway.

Timewalker already on waitlist and AlterEgo stock running low.

I guess people do want to buy this $375 figure.

Bad either way:

1) they made very few of these

2) justifies another price bump from HT... a figure like this will easily be $425 by next year.

It is a very impressive figure though. The wing articulation really makes it.

This thing is going to look so bad ass on a shelf it even has the potential to make crappy displays look amazing lol

C508A729-48C3-46D4-B56F-FA43BD463BB5.jpeg

This thing is going to look so bad ass on a shelf it even has the potential to make crappy displays look amazing lol

At HT prices, no-one's HT display looks crappy.

If your collection is all KOs - and some 3rd party stuff is pretty good like my new BBK TFA Bucky - well, maybe. There was that greasy looking PVC 1/6 Cap from a few years back:slap, and some of the KO head sculpts are hilarious.

58zsizt9e7RPp7AnEcBRLU-1200-80.jpg

They should have tossed in a flag smashers mask. Then if you want to make a generic bad guy you could toss that mask on any random figure.

Does Hot Toys have a hard on for making undersized chest stars? Is it really that hard for them to make it correct? How do you get it wrong on End Game Cap and then now this? Takes 1 minute to compare to a screenshot from the show. Such a weird issue to constantly get wrong.

177871610_111089557792822_4037323238805759198_n.jpg

Last edited:
Does Hot Toys have a hard on for making undersized chest stars? Is it really that hard for them to make it correct? How do you get it wrong on End Game Cap and then now this? Takes 1 minute to compare to a screenshot from the show. Such a weird issue to constantly get wrong.

It's actually the star that dictates the price of this figure and not the wings. If HT made it bigger, this would have been priced a 400 USD.

Now that we've got a side by side comparison, looks like I was right. The arms on the figure are extended too far for it to be realistic.

Re: Hot Toys - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Captain America

LOL. Think it's none of my business what other people like. I'm happy that some folks like the show, for the actors' sake. Think no actress/actor wants to be part of something universally panned, tho guess it's a paycheck.

It's a beautiful fig; if the show had never happened I might have picked up; just for those wings. Not sure how I feel about a single sculpt face - guess it doesn't matter; but don't think I own anything like that. E.g. guess the cowl isn't removeable.

But I can sit this one out, and Bucky too, for now anyway. Maybe I'll change my mind after getting some distance from the show. At least it looks like they used lots of cloth, which is my preference; and not that plastic canvas stuff.

I actually wonder if people complaining about the vinyl/plastic material they used for IW/EG Cap prompted HT to go back to fabric with this version. Cause IW Cap surely didn't sell well since he took quite awhile to sell out.

I think HT has done an incredible job in the proto. Hard to R&D when it comes to incorporating suit design and figure flexibility.

Now that we've got a side by side comparison, looks like I was right. The arms on the figure are extended too far for it to be realistic.

Maybe they're a bit too wide, but not so much that they're ridiculous. Between the shoulder pads and the need to give us more articulation to allow for some of these nice poses, something had to give. Judging by how well it's selling, I'd say most people are OK with the trade-off.

Duplicate angles with the previous post above, but thought you guys might want to see these pics anyway. Taken at Secret Base

51150231128_643108f8d3_b_d.jpg

51151104010_39b2f3a61a_b_d.jpg

51150782054_355196eeaa_b_d.jpg

51149322022_8ae856b961_b_d.jpg

Back