Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the costume personally. He looks agile, and i love the arm gauntlet thingies.

1642831390952.png

just sort of reference on what we could probably expect for what the gauntlets to look like. the design really grew on me and i just love the tactical and lean look of everything. the gauntlets are very unique compared to others. its not just one solid piece and im not even sure what the "claws" are supposed to be meant for since it looks like a flexible piece but i could be wrong. however im just speculating but i think whatever is on his gauntlet are refillables for the grappling gun perhaps?

View attachment 557570

just sort of reference on what we could probably expect for what the gauntlets to look like. the design really grew on me and i just love the tactical and lean look of everything. the gauntlets are very unique compared to others. its not just one solid piece and im not even sure what the "claws" are supposed to be meant for since it looks like a flexible piece but i could be wrong. however im just speculating but i think whatever is on his gauntlet are refillables for the grappling gun perhaps?
Your right that's exactly what they are basically they are grapple hooks that he puts into the barrel of his grapple gun they extend into claws when he shoots them. You can see here from the comparison images of the P1 statue and gauntlets.
s6axg7qjym071.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah and the strap/spikes of his gauntlets are literally just straps to tighten the gauntlet made into an aesthetic cut. You can see it as an early prelude to him having spikes on his gauntlets.

Again, one of the reasons I'm surprised people dislike the suit is how tactical it is. He's literally going to be a crime solving Batman using gadgets and tactical items. He's early in his career, knows the type of stuff that he needs and just brings it all in a fairly rudimentary manner that isn't as refined as he later will become. Absolutely love it.

And he has a collar, a very smart looking Batman. Would have been better with a tie displaying his high school Bat emblem at the bottom big end of the tie, but a man can only wish.

Yeah and the strap/spikes of his gauntlets are literally just straps to tighten the gauntlet made into an aesthetic cut. You can see it as an early prelude to him having spikes on his gauntlets.
okay i didn't think about that until you said that.. that is honestly really cool. the spikes did look strange at first until you pointed out that they're straps. thats aesthetically pleasing

Best batsuit I’ve seen on screen anyway, I like how it’s a good mix between looking like tactical gear and a costume.
I agree definitely grew on me and it does look more of a practical suit that Bruce put together himself rather then having Lucius make it. I also like how it has wear on it you can tell he's been using it for awhile.

As others have stated the head does look like funky...but I'm sure HT will make the necessary corrections. This is Batman we're talking about after all.

If the movie is a hit and that Batmobile isnused in some badass ways, I bet HT makes it.

Joost stays clear of HT releases, but he will have us covered if HT passes.

Joost stays clear of HT releases, but he will have us covered if HT passes.

I thought that was the reason when he didn't have the license back then but now that he does, he can produce it if he wants to.

I thought that was the reason when he didn't have the license back then but now that he does, he can produce it if he wants to.
I think it was his back story vid or maybe another on YT, but he stated he wanted to stay clear of what HT produced and not compete with them, only add to what they made.

Things can always change and Joost was alluding to wanting to make the new Keaton Batmobile in The Flash. I would think that has a better chance of HT making it since they made the Keatonmobile previously.

Things can always change and Joost was alluding to wanting to make the new Keaton Batmobile in The Flash. I would think that has a better chance of HT making it since they made the Keatonmobile previously.

I’m not so sure about HT making the new flash batmobile - it’s just not their core competency. They do figures really well and probably don’t want or need the added distraction of larger vehicles. Case in point, they punted on the justice league batmobile, the 1966 batmobile. and all of the star wars vehicles. While they have re-released the tumbler and the batpod, those designs and toolings were already paid for and available, so the risk to them was significantly reduced. That was almost like printing money. In the case of the new batman, the cycle is small enough that it can almost be considered an accessory, albiet on the bigger side. It’s certainly not a 39+ inch, ~30 pound product that needs to be shipped internationally.

On the other hand, Joost has a
proven track record for success with the larger products. In a sense, he’s also WB’s answer to somewhat counter the nonstop brand excitement that HT drums up for Disney/Marvel. They have to be thrilled that they happened on someone with his capabilities who was producing their stuff at a high quality out of a love for collecting. When you consider all of that, along with the fact that he’s not averse to producing the same vehicle in both 1/6 and 1/12, he seems like the much better candidate for the flash batmobile, at least to me. If it truly is a four seater, it’s going to be very wide, and very long, and probably very heavy.

If he wants to do it, I’m sure he will. I hope he does.

In the end, all of this is all speculation anyway, so only time will tell. Still, it’s a great time to be in this hobby as a batman collector.

How can you even retrofit 4 seats on the 89 Batmobile without changing the original specs? Anyway, if he does do it, I hope there's an option for a 2 seat only conversion.

I’m not so sure about HT making the new flash batmobile - it’s just not their core competency. They do figures really well and probably don’t want or need the added distraction of larger vehicles. Case in point, they punted on the justice league batmobile, the 1966 batmobile. and all of the star wars vehicles. While they have re-released the tumbler and the batpod, those designs and toolings were already paid for and available, so the risk to them was significantly reduced. That was almost like printing money. In the case of the new batman, the cycle is small enough that it can almost be considered an accessory, albiet on the bigger side. It’s certainly not a 39+ inch, ~30 pound product that needs to be shipped internationally.

On the other hand, Joost has a
proven track record for success with the larger products. In a sense, he’s also WB’s answer to somewhat counter the nonstop brand excitement that HT drums up for Disney/Marvel. They have to be thrilled that they happened on someone with his capabilities who was producing their stuff at a high quality out of a love for collecting. When you consider all of that, along with the fact that he’s not averse to producing the same vehicle in both 1/6 and 1/12, he seems like the much better candidate for the flash batmobile, at least to me. If it truly is a four seater, it’s going to be very wide, and very long, and probably very heavy.

If he wants to do it, I’m sure he will. I hope he does.

In the end, all of this is all speculation anyway, so only time will tell. Still, it’s a great time to be in this hobby as a batman collector.
Epic post is epic

Back