Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does-that-surprise-you-are-you-surprised.gif
Nope lol. I’m just glad hot toys revealed it and hasn’t shown a logo . Knowing this company they screw around constantly. I never needed it to be 100 percent accurate or look like an actual little person I just wanted a high end collectible of the character.

batman-joker.gif

Knew they would make the Batcycle!

All this talk, but when people see the movie, that will determine a more must buy or pass decision for most.

The suit itself very much fits Year Two edgy, punchy Batman. Certainly planning on getting it with the Batcycle. Looks as if there will be two versions, a regular with base and a Batcycle deluxe without base. Awesome.

Surprised also.

The suit is borderline Noel Batman and Arkham game Batman mixed together.

Also the Zodiac/Seven heavy inspiration in the same vain of Joker leaning on Taxi Driver is incredible.

Going to probably get the best screen portrayal of a detective and fierce Batman that we've ever had and probably will get. Riddler will finally be a formidable antagonist without the camp and tack, and we're going to get an impressive Penguin.

This will be the definitive Batman film.
Finally. As great as the other ones are, they never used the World's Greatest Detective to his full potential. Gotham never looked as amazing as it does here either.

Last edited:
Surprised also.

Also the Zodiac/Seven heavy inspiration in the same vain of Joker leaning on Taxi Driver is incredible.

Going to probably get the best screen portrayal of a detective and fierce Batman that we've ever had and probably will get. Riddler will finally be a formidable antagonist without the camp and tack, and we're going to get an impressive Penguin.

Well said.

Yup and gotham looks like gotham instead of a regular city. I’ve seen this all before

first batfleck was ridiculed and mocked. His suit compared to duct tape and now people think he’s one of the best even so much as boy cotting the movies til he returns. Same cycle batfans take. Once this movie hits people will start saying it’s the comic come to life, best movie of all time. Everything like before .

Finally. As great as the other ones are, they never used the World's Greatest Detective to hid full potential. Gotham never looked as amazing as it does here either.
Absolutely agree. Both Snyder and Nolan relied a lot on Alfred doing a lot of the background heavy lifting for the most part.

This is going to get down to the nitty gritty of Batman getting into Gotham's muck and finding every clue he can whilst being driven by a carnal brutality. From the trailers I've seen and from what I've read, this film will ultimately be what Batman encapsulates for the more modern day mythology of Batman.

Matt Reeves is one of the best when it comes to characterization on screen, and Robert Pattinson is one of the best modern day actors. This will be an absolute delight to watch when it's out. Film's like this and Joker should become DC's bread and butter for film.

He looks awesome on the bike.

I get why some people are on the fence about this figure however I think the film might change a few minds. It has the potential to be the best Batman film so far.
Yes but that's to be expected in the promotional art. When you factor in how HT's suits usually put appearance/accuracy above articulation, I doubt that the figure will look that good on the bike upon release.

I hate it when you get hyped though and it's like a masked character or buried under makeup and the HT figure can't get that right.

A tentpole film like this is gives me the feeling like 'this is one of many variants and future versions.'

I do hope that they also do a standard Bruce Wayne figure, either in that black suit or drifter version.

Just as many can't understand why you would limit yourself because a figure has an exposed elbow joint or a slightly visible neck seam. While I often agree with you about ugly joints and rooted hair I still find myself amazed at what you will refuse to buy and thus the characters you won't have in your collection at all on account of exposed joints.

I hate badly done joints - in particular neck joints - I'll tolerate them though (albeit while continuing to criticize them) if it's the only way I'm getting a character I really want.
Well like I said . To each his own. I feel so strongly about exposed joints I passed on every single hot toys superman and bought the Prime 1 Hush superman as my representation of the character. Same with thanos. I passed on the hot toys and picked up the iron studios Thanos instead.

I would save a lot of money if I only buy collectibles from movies I like. I would be passing on most mcu and dceu items...but I buy the items that I like the look of. I couldn't imagine passing on some cool looking figure just because I dislike the movie. As a matter of fact I have several figures in my collection I bought before seeing the movie since most mcu movies I would never waste money seeing in the theater.

Well like I said . To each his own. I feel so strongly about exposed joints I passed on every single hot toys superman and bought the Prime 1 Hush superman as my representation of the character. Same with thanos. I passed on the hot toys and picked up the iron studios Thanos instead.

I would save a lot of money if I only buy collectibles from movies I like. I would be passing on most mcu and dceu items...but I buy the items that I like the look of. I couldn't imagine passing on some cool looking figure just because I dislike the movie. As a matter of fact I have several figures in my collection I bought before seeing the movie since most mcu movies I would never waste money seeing in the theater.
So you find alternative ways of getting characters that you passed on in action figure form and sometimes you do in fact buy statues. OK, fair enough.

You mention the Hot Toys Supermen - I have the Reeve figure and I have wanted to buy a Cavill Superman so badly in recent times - but that is one case where I've just had to pass. The existing figures all have necks and head-joints that just look too awful even for me. I've also been put off by bizarre, oversized, lumpy thighs and - a common Hot Toys problem - zero trap muscles. The Justice League figure for example - beautiful execution of the suit but unfortunately all ruined by a stupid, unnatural looking body IMO.

The movie might turn out the best Batman film there is but a good movie is not going to convince me it's a good looking batsuit even with the year 2 justification. I didn't like BvS when I first saw it but I definitely thought Batfleck's suit was one of the best I've seen so far.

This is too hodge podge and at year 2, I would expect some refinement at least. Probably if he wasn't wearing cargo pants and he didn't have those mini arrows on the gauntlets, it would have been better in spite of the collar which is another feature I don't like.

Surprised also.

I feel the same. It's been very weird seeing so many people hate on this film but I imagine a lot of it has to do with the whole situation with Affleck/Snyder.

Another being that this is with Robert Pattingson, which a lot of people only know from the Twilight movies and not all the other incredible movies he's done since. I think this movie doing well will change a lot of peoples mind, much like what happened with TDK.

Hope Hot Toys does Catwoman as well.

CKGGebC.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, this will be an easy buy - especially seeing as I feel pretty damn confident that the movie is going to be amazing.
Bring me Battinson, Dano's Riddler, and the rest of this motley crew.
Probably one of my most anticipated films ever, the EMPIRE interview just gave me all the buzz I needed, this sounds like the Batman movie a lot of us have been waiting for.

I haven't been this excited to see a comic book movie since 2012's Dark Knight Rises. I'm definitely in for Batman, and might get the bike set if it fits in a detolf. The base of the standard release might be too cool to pass up, though, so it's going to be a tough choice. Love a good Batman on a rooftop pose...

I'm a little doubtful that Hot Toys is going all-in here as it should. Even though this is sure to be a hit, they seem wary, and it might be safer for them to stay in the Marvel/Star Wars zone, only making Batman and his bike from this one. I'd be in for a Riddler and Catwoman, for sure, but I'm not sure they'll get made.

Finally!!! I've been waiting anxiously for a Hot toys tease or reveal.

Ironic as I also was in the same group that absolutely hated the suit at first.
But I realized that was due to my own bias, after seeing so many great Photoshopped images of
of Pattinson in the suit.
I wanted it to look like how I wanted it to.

After seeing the trailer and seeing how it does reminds me a lot of Barmejo Batman and other
inspirations of the suit here and there, it grew on me.
And I knew with the suit having so much detail, it would look crazy in 1/6 scale.

I'm sold. Hot toys...take my $$$$$!

Back