Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea you would think with their partnership with HT that Sideshow could at least use the same factory for painting their items (both statues and figures) as that is their biggest weakness IMO. A lot of their stuff look much better once painted with proper paint apps. I also feel like they put their B-team on their 1/6 figure sculpts as their statues usually have pretty great headsculpts, at least on their comic type characters
I would think that with a partnership they would at least update the pics to make their piece more enticing knowing that strong competition is now out there.

I've still got the deluxe set pre-ordered. I have a feeling that the InArt figure will release first considering Hot Toys has only released one Q1 2022 figure so far. This will probably get delayed and when that happens I'll get my nrd back from sideshow.

I would think that with a partnership they would at least update the pics to make their piece more enticing knowing that strong competition is now out there.
Yeah, it's a bit odd that they haven't updated the product photos to show the better product. Especially with InArt making a splash this week. I imagine, though, that HT will push this release through the queue to make sure that InArt doesn't hit first.

Add Mondo, Executive Replicas, and Kaustic Plastik to the non-Asian company list

I completely forgot about about Mondo. Never heard of the other companies, though it seems like they have interesting licenses.

Mondo's 1/6 figures just really look like blown up 1/12 figures though. Those joints are really unsightly and even the clothing seems to be all plastic?

Yeah, it's a bit odd that they haven't updated the product photos to show the better product. Especially with InArt making a splash this week. I imagine, though, that HT will push this release through the queue to make sure that InArt doesn't hit first.
It is odd as Sideshow updated the pics on their site for Peacemaker when HT made the update for it but not this figure. And yea, that's my thinking as well that HT might try to push this one through to get out first.

I’m still keeping my deluxe edition while also preodered the inart premium version. pretty sure I was goinng to skip it at first

This poor thread has been left in the dust by the InArt release.

Who’s still on board with me for getting the HotToys release? I’m really looking forward to it.
🤔
I prefer the look of the HT version. There's something about the InArt version, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Uncanny Valley maybe. I think there is a creepyness to that figure.

I prefer the look of the HT version. There's something about the InArt version, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Uncanny Valley maybe. I think there is a creepyness to that figure.
also I think with hot toys, at least we know what we’re going to get quality wise. though I’m pretty sure collectors will be satisfied with whichever version they decide to get

also I think with hot toys, at least we know what we’re going to get quality wise. though I’m pretty sure collectors will be satisfied with whichever version they decide to get
As much as I love my hot toys figures they’re quality sucks, yeah they might be somewhat cheaper than brands like InArt but you’ll still be paying hundreds of dollars for a figure with a pleather cape that won’t even last after a couple of years

As much as I love my hot toys figures they’re quality sucks, yeah they might be somewhat cheaper than brands like InArt but you’ll still be paying hundreds of dollars for a figure with a pleather cape that won’t even last after a couple of years
Funny, all my pleather figures are still in top top shape. Not saying this doesn’t happen, but the environment plays a huge role.

I hope the Jazz Inc Batmobile announcement gets Hot Toys to give us a Batmobile from The Batman sometime soon. 🙏🏻

I know that this will never happen but I wish someone would release a 6th scale 1966 Batgirl. I have Batman and Robin already and Batgirl would just finish the set.

I will say, that anytime I've had problems with HT pleather has been when I've bought a pre-owned figure off eBay. There were/are just two figures that had been mine from the get go to show signs of wear/falling apart which were the belts on DX06 Jack Sparrow and the boots on ANH Han Solo

Same here as to HT pleather issues from eBay. All of the figures I've purchased new are still in good shape with no issue. The only real issue I've had is that the JL Superman suit's details are pretty squishy, and when I left his elbows bent, some of the details in the crook kind of fused together. Otherwise, the Memphis, TN, humidity has not affected my figures. DKR Catwoman seems to almost universally be pretty bad quality costume, but that is hardly the norm.

I’ve got the HT deluxe set pre-order but so tempted to get the standard InArts Batman with sculpted hair. Looks to damn good to not at least get him. Besides you can never have too many…😂

Back