Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few pics of Bruce Wayne holding his cowl yet they don’t show a cowl pictured with the final image showing everything he comes with. Has anyone else noticed this?? Will we be getting a cowl to display with the unmasked portrait? Thanks all in advance!

9EAFC16F-A90B-4351-B6CE-6017E1DE835A.jpeg

There are a few pics of Bruce Wayne holding his cowl yet they don’t show a cowl pictured with the final image showing everything he comes with. Has anyone else noticed this?? Will we be getting a cowl to display with the unmasked portrait? Thanks all in advance!

View attachment 590344
That’s more than likely the cowl headsculpt without the mouthplate on. They’re purposely hiding the eyes so you won’t see them. An extra cowl isn’t shown in the list of accessories. That’s not to say they couldn’t add one in during production, but as for now, pretty sure we aren’t getting one

That’s more than likely the cowl headsculpt without the mouthplate on. They’re purposely hiding the eyes so you won’t see them. An extra cowl isn’t shown in the list of accessories. That’s not to say they couldn’t add one in during production, but as for now, pretty sure we aren’t getting one

I was thinking the same thing about maybe it being the cowl head sculpt without the mouth piece, but I think that would be a bit deceiving. I mean, if someone was to try and recreate that pose, you would have to deal with the eyeballs in the cowl as well as the bottom of the head sculpt that wouldn’t really look right.
I really hope we are getting a cowl to display it like that.

Here’s another pic:

E6C9145A-EB52-47AE-836E-C72CD5E9A647.jpeg

And he’s even got the cowl under his arm in this pic:

F764AF9B-53B4-426D-BFC8-8FA0556EEBFF.jpeg

I understand what you’re saying and hoping for. I’m not against it by any means and not trying to be a debbie downer . I just wouldn’t get my hopes up. I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily deceiving as there’s nothing in the literature that says he comes with an empty cowl and collectors could also pose the figure the same way (cowl under arm, face down) to not show the eyes just like they have in the pics. B/c again, in both those pics you posted, they aren’t showing the eyes. Other times that they’ve included a blank helmet like say Captain America for instance, they show the helmet off being hollow and say that it will be included. They don’t just show Cap holding the helmet face down under his arms leaving us wondering if he’ll come with one or not. It would be nice for them to also include an empty cowl given all the other changes they’ve done so far.

It’s a shame they don’t include an empty cowl with every batman that includes a bruce wayne sculpt. That’s a rather inexpensive way to significantly increase the enjoyment factor.
I agree. Such a simple thing to add in. Instead they included it with another character, at least in the past like Catwoman coming with the cowl for TDKR or Iron Man Mk46 coming with the Captain America helmet for the Civil War figure.

Last edited:
They likely intend to offer the Batman reissue with the computer, knowing well he can't sit 🤣🤣🤣

Come on Hot Toys, give us a proper 89 Keaton in that epic turtleneck and jeans!!!

Sideshow spends so much time displaying and analysing to promote Hot Toys you’d think they’d learn a thing or two about how to make a decent figure… but no.
I’ve never been a fan of Sideshows 1:6 line. They’re sub par for sure.

Yup, InArt is definitely really nice looking, but I still haven’t made a decision on either. I really like the updates HT has made regardless of the (probably true/accurate) argument that it was due to the InArt announcement. At the end of the day, those who want the HT are getting a better figure than what was originally solicited. I’m personally not enjoying blindly putting deposits down for such high priced sets b/c with InArt, if I’m going to go for it, I’m going to go all-in rather than getting one of the standard options. With HT, you know what you’re going to get for the most part, it still looks really great and good value comparatively, and it’s the safer bet with your money. There’s a lot of hopes and wishes with the InArt and I say that as someone who has 2 InArt items in PO :lol

Yup, InArt is definitely really nice looking, but I still haven’t made a decision on either. I really like the updates HT has made regardless of the (probably true/accurate) argument that it was due to the InArt announcement. At the end of the day, those who want the HT are getting a better figure than what was originally solicited. I’m personally not enjoying blindly putting deposits down for such high priced sets b/c with InArt, if I’m going to go for it, I’m going to go all-in rather than getting one of the standard options. With HT, you know what you’re going to get for the most part, it still looks really great and good value comparatively, and it’s the safer bet with your money. There’s a lot of hopes and wishes with the InArt and I say that as someone who has 2 InArt items in PO :lol
Have their been improvements made to the Hot Toys release that aren’t listed as being included in the Sideshow product advertisement?
I think I remember seeing a messy hair sculpt or something but it’s not pictured.
🤔

Have their been improvements made to the Hot Toys release that aren’t listed as being included in the Sideshow product advertisement?
I think I remember seeing a messy hair sculpt or something but it’s not pictured.
🤔
Sideshow didn’t update the pics on their website but if you look a a couple pages back, you’ll find the pictures.

I believe the updates were:
  • Additional messy hair options (so now you get 2 hair pieces)
  • Bruce Wayne portrait now has moving eyes. I believe the portrait was also tweaked some to have a better likeness but I could be wrong
  • Updated suit colors
  • Updated body physique
  • Diecast removable chest batarang

Sideshow didn’t update the pics on their website but if you look a a couple pages back, you’ll find the pictures.

I believe the updates were:
  • Additional messy hair options (so now you get 2 hair pieces)
  • Bruce Wayne portrait now has moving eyes. I believe the portrait was also tweaked some to have a better likeness but I could be wrong
  • Updated suit colors
  • Updated body physique
  • Diecast removable chest batarang
Wow no way!!! That’s AWESOME!!!

This poor thread has been left in the dust by the InArt release.

Who’s still on board with me for getting the HotToys release? I’m really looking forward to it.
🤔
I'm still getting Hot Toys, and always was even before the recent updates. The InArt line is too new and expensive for me to jump into at the moment. I need to see a review cycle of releases before I'm in on them. Even so, I will limit InArt purchases to anything they solicit that is vastly (key word there) superior to Hot Toys or figures that I must have that Hot Toys simply refuses to make.

If they solicited a Shazam from the first movie, I'd have it preordered yesterday.

Sideshow spends so much time displaying and analysing to promote Hot Toys you’d think they’d learn a thing or two about how to make a decent figure… but no.

Seriously, I've never owned a SSC 1:6 figure but even though their recent efforts look much improved, they still look light-years behind Hot Toys.

In fact I don't know of any other non-Asian companies that make 1/6 scale figures besides sideshow. They seem to be the only western based company even willing to compete in the market.

Seriously, I've never owned a SSC 1:6 figure but even though their recent efforts look much improved, they still look light-years behind Hot Toys.

In fact I don't know of any other non-Asian companies that make 1/6 scale figures besides sideshow. They seem to be the only western based company even willing to compete in the market.
Big Chief Studios

Yea you would think with their partnership with HT that Sideshow could at least use the same factory for painting their items (both statues and figures) as that is their biggest weakness IMO. A lot of their stuff look much better once painted with proper paint apps. I also feel like they put their B-team on their 1/6 figure sculpts as their statues usually have pretty great headsculpts, at least on their comic type characters

Last edited:
Back