Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That might be the case (even though I have never broke one and they give a couple extras) but I rather have pegs than magnets... that's literally the only reason I'm on the fence of selling my Crown Gandalf and buy the InArt one =/
I don't think InArt Gandalf has magnetic pegs. I hope he has new type pegs or more durable one's good example of those are from World box, Dam toys to name a few. Hopefully we'll see how it goes.

I don't think InArt Gandalf has magnetic pegs. I hope he has new type pegs or more durable one's good example of those are from World box, Dam toys to name a few. Hopefully we'll see how it goes.
i believe he has magnetic pegs. i think all their figures will have it most likely

What hot toys did with this batman and the new vulter figure is really interesting

More like saying : no one fvck with us

At least now we know that it takes some third-party and a couple of nobody's to finally awake hot toys from their slumber

What hot toys did with this batman and the new vulter figure is really interesting

More like saying : no one fvck with us

At least now we know that it takes some third-party and a couple of nobody's to finally awake hot toys from their slumber
Queen studios ain't nobody. Lol the fact they even decided to jump on to 1/6th is what had HT jump and actually put effort cause they see real competition that has challenged them. As for third party companies it's rare for them to react in this way unless the product being made actually makes them go "yeah no not on my turf".

Excellent improvements, for that I am grateful for InArt peacocking about. I can easily see people buying two of these to display the sculpt and masked portaits side by side. I expect Joost or a third party will crank out a batcomputer at some point too.

With InArt though, I am still convinced that they will fall short in the end; they are very likely not the HT killer they are being lauded as. But I guess the upside is that folks have bottomed out on InArt's shaft at this point, so either the gargling pays off and everyone is happy or IA doesn't give them a courtesy heads up and we have to have an awkward conversation about healthy dialogue in this relationship.

Queen studios ain't nobody. Lol the fact they even decided to jump on to 1/6th is what had HT jump and actually put effort cause they see real competition that has challenged them. As for third party companies it's rare for them to react in this way unless the product being made actually makes them go "yeah no not on my turf".
Without a 1/6 figure for me they are

Either way I'm Happy about this, they rattled their cage now hottoys will put an extra effort to maintain their place (this remains me when enterbay was still out there)

I also think the Inart line will not deliver, not even hot toys quality but the promise now it's there, let's see how it ends

Last edited:
I'm just concerned that Hot Toys tactics will work, that no one really buys InArt figures and we go back to Hot Toys monopoly and no choice.

I'll be definitely getting a couple of inArt figures from their slate at minimum to keep the pressure on Hot Toys.

Unfortunately this still seems limited to just the very few figures that another company decides to make their own version of. I don't see HT making changes to how they do things across the board just yet.
True but give it time and I think it will become the new normal for Hot Toys to be a bit more communicative etc. And maybe offer a bit more.

Their bases seem to have taken a step up. Maybe not sure to competition, and I see they have added/reused an additional hairstyle for Scarlet Witch which they didn't need to do.

Either way it's definitely made the space a bit more exciting !

The improvements to the figure look nice. If there was one other improvement I’d like to see implemented though, it would be improving the amount of time it takes a DC Hot Toys figure to get to the purchaser from time of preorder, to when they get it in hand. How about releasing it in a time frame, comparable to their Marvel and Star Wars figures. They can’t even use the “not a lot of people watched this movie,” excuse, this time.

The improvements to the figure look nice. If there was one other improvement I’d like to see implemented though, it would be improving the amount of time it takes a DC Hot Toys figure to get to the purchaser from time of preorder, to when they get it in hand. How about releasing it in a time frame, comparable to their Marvel and Star Wars figures. They can’t even use the “not a lot of people watched this movie,” excuse, this time.
Do DC figures really take longer? All figures have been taking longer recently, I know they fast track certain things that are popular like Mando, but the Endgame figures have only just finished releasing, and I can remember Drax, the second Gamora and Hulkbuster took 2-3 years didn’t they?

Do DC figures really take longer? All figures have been taking longer recently, I know they fast track certain things that are popular like Mando, but the Endgame figures have only just finished releasing, and I can remember Drax, the second Gamora and Hulkbuster took 2-3 years didn’t they?

Well, I think both things are true. Shipping in general is definitely taking longer, and that definitely enters into the equation. On Hot Toys end, I can’t say for certain, but it seems that often DC figures seem to be given low priority. Shipping is definitely part of it, but it’s also taking a pretty significant amount of time for some of their figures to be completed. That’s not to say that there aren’t exceptions once in a while, where the DC figures don’t take as long. There might be. But it seems in general that they do. The last DC figure that I ordered before Pattinson Bats, has taken about 16 months so far, and I have a feeling it’s going to be a lot longer than that.

I've always said this, too. The Sideshow wrist pegs are very chunky but they're also pretty sturdy. They also have them in all the hands so you're not constantly stressing the very brittle nub trying to wrestle it into an often very hard plastic hand.

I was so frustrated with the old Maguire Spider-Man figure that I remember taking a hobby knife and slightly enlarging the hand holes.

Luckily I've only broken a few Hot Toys pegs over the years and you amass a good amount of them over time, but still. And it can be challenging to get the peg out when it breaks into the hand itself, though I have a good system using a tiny pin vise to break it apart.

I've only ever broken one wrist peg ever on a HT figure recently, I think it was The Wasp. It didn't break from the peg that inserts into the hand thankfully, but it split where the two halves of the joint meet, so I finally had to use one of the spares in the box :LOL: Yeah while collecting over time one can get plenty of spare pegs to go around lol

It’s a no brainer priority goes to the most profitable force driving the market.

A company would be ass backwards if they prioritized ANYTHING DC related before Marvel and SW it’s just how business works it’s not a personal vendetta against DC characters.

I love The Batman (and ZSJL) and both were a step in the right direction but BOTH, yes even TB, earned less than crappy Captain Marvel.

As an investor myself my portfolio has a guarantee that it will be MCU first then SW then TB THEN the rest of DC hell even the Depp/Heard trial is more popular than DC which reminds me I need to increase my % in the advertising that trial is generating it’s like the OJ trial minus the Bronco lol

Money talks Shazam walks

It’s a no brainer priority goes to the most profitable force driving the market.

A company would be ass backwards if they prioritized ANYTHING DC related before Marvel and SW it’s just how business works it’s not a personal vendetta against DC characters.

I love The Batman (and ZSJL) and both were a step in the right direction but BOTH, yes even TB, earned less than crappy Captain Marvel.

As an investor myself my portfolio has a guarantee that it will be MCU first then SW then TB THEN the rest of DC hell even the Depp/Heard trial is more popular than DC which reminds me I need to increase my % in the advertising that trial is generating it’s like the OJ trial minus the Bronco lol

Money talks Shazam walks

But I’m speaking specifically about “The Batman” Hot Toys figure. “The Batman,” is, so far, the second most profitable movie this year.

While I am a huge DC fan, in general, I can understand the economics behind not prioritizing some of the DC properties. I may not like it, but I understand it. However, with “The Batman,” that excuse doesn’t really wash. All I was trying to say is, being that this was a very profitable DC property, I’m hopeful that releasing this figure in a more timely manner might be a consideration.

Part of the reason, historically, that DC fans have continued to support Hot Toys over the years, is that despite their DC figure releases being sparse and taking quite a bit of time, they do look great. And, up until very recently, Hot Toys was the only game in town, so they basically had a captive audience. I admittedly don’t know much about InArt, but they seem to have shown an interest in producing a lot of DC figures in the same scale. That might be something Hot Toys should consider.

Huge improvement. Old hair sculpt reminded me of Toby

69e99f20c50a8c68aa0e8f0845f84a8c.jpg

But I’m speaking specifically about “The Batman” Hot Toys figure. “The Batman,” is, so far, the second most profitable movie this year.

While I am a huge DC fan, in general, I can understand the economics behind not prioritizing some of the DC properties. I may not like it, but I understand it. However, with “The Batman,” that excuse doesn’t really wash. All I was trying to say is, being that this was a very profitable DC property, I’m hopeful that releasing this figure in a more timely manner might be a consideration.

Part of the reason, historically, that DC fans have continued to support Hot Toys over the years, is that despite their DC figure releases being sparse and taking quite a bit of time, they do look great. And, up until very recently, Hot Toys was the only game in town, so they basically had a captive audience. I admittedly don’t know much about InArt, but they seem to have shown an interest in producing a lot of DC figures in the same scale. That might be something Hot Toys should consider.
The missing part of this conversation are sales numbers of the actual figures themselves. Obviously, none of us have any insight into this, and so all we can do is wildly speculate, but, from a business standpoint, the sheer number of Marvel/Star Wars to DC figures seems to heavily imply a massive sales imbalance.

Hot Toys is a company that ultimately has to make money. The reason we see so many Spider-Man figures is they probably do huge sales numbers, and the reason we see so few DC figures is that they most likely do not.

Theater ticket sales are a great indicator of how many people saw a movie but unfortunately not how many people want to buy a $300 toy.

The missing part of this conversation are sales numbers of the actual figures themselves. Obviously, none of us have any insight into this, and so all we can do is wildly speculate, but, from a business standpoint, the sheer number of Marvel/Star Wars to DC figures seems to heavily imply a massive sales imbalance.

Hot Toys is a company that ultimately has to make money. The reason we see so many Spider-Man figures is they probably do huge sales numbers, and the reason we see so few DC figures is that they most likely do not.

Theater ticket sales are a great indicator of how many people saw a movie but unfortunately not how many people want to buy a $300 toy.
Fair point. I definitely think figure sales obviously play a big role, not only in frequency of release, but also what gets produced, period.

Also agree that ticket sales don’t necessarily indicate how many people are going to buy a Hot Toys figure, but I would also make an educated guess that when Hot Toys looks at what figures they’d like to produce, they assume that there is probably some correlation between a successful film franchise and what is more likely to be a better selling Hot Toys figure.

I think it’s also fair to say that Batman is al DC’s most popular character, and that while there is always some risk involved, a figure based on any iteration of Batman is probably a pretty safe gamble.

Each company does (or should do) market research before they spend dollar one. If they're smart, they'll have a budgeted spend amount that they will want to maximize. Strategic goals notwithstanding, if they forecast that they can maximize their ROI with a DC property, they'll spend on DC. If not, they won't. That isn't to say that competition and saturation aren't part of those forecast parameters (which may be where DC comes in and why everything simply isn't Marvel/Disney).

As far as shipping times go, time from design to delivery may very well be a stipulation that Disney has for licensing with HT, but I really don't know for certain.

Buy what you like from who you like and economics takes care of the rest. That's all you can do anyway.

Back