Hot Toys The Bad Batch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Endless troop variations...sounds exactly like what started in the OT, does it not?

Either way. The Rambo dude looks cool, and the one super techy helmet looking one is neat. But I have no knowledge of or connection to these characters beyond the marketing.

But if you want the whole team, you'd better put your money forward...because you don't want to be 3 figures in and not have the first release.

Endless in the OT? Not even close to clones.

Tough to count on HT. Never know if they will complete a team or not. Got to roll the dice regardless with a lot of HT IPs.

I wonder if the mouse tells them what to make? We know Kennedy does not love the ot. I could be grasping at straws, but the complete lack of important characters is astounding. We got 3 maul figures and 2 Ashoka figures within months of each other and we cannot get a new chewie or rotj Vader or mace or sidious? There is a foul stench in Denmark.
Also, I bet whatever we see today is all we get this week, as far as hot toys.

Dude this is fake news Kennedy does love that, after all she is the head of the whole Star Wars franchise.

Well, I hope Hot Toys will do more than just this one guy... or else the Bad Batch will turn into just a Bad B1tch...... :rotfl

Luke with Grogu. Feel pretty confident that's the next Mando release. R2 included in a deluxe would be awesome.

I still regret selling my ROTJ Luke, so I definitely wouldn't mind another Luke rehash. Can't wait to have a "where's Waldo?" of all of those extra Grogus around my display.

Cobb Vanth
Fennec Shand
Mando v3
Luke Skywalker
Miggs Mayfeld

Completely forgot about Fennec. I'd dig it, but I feel they might wait for Book of Boba for that one. But afterall, they're probably going to milk Mando for all they can.

I wish they'd do Republic Commandos

The Republic Commandos would be awesome and so would the Arc Troopers from the OG Clone Wars series but they for sure will never happen.

For the Bad Batch i wouldn't go too deep with this line but i would strongly consider Hunter mainly because he reminds me of Snake/Big Boss.

I'm surprised they are doing any of these. It's laughable to think that all of them will be made. Best be buying these with the understanding that the lineup will always be incomplete.

I have zero plans to buy these figures, but who knows, the show may win me over. The weathering on that one we can see looks terrific though. If they went all out with accessories and gave them headsculpts I might bite.

I didn't really care for these characters in the Clone Wars episodes that featured them so not super excited. Still, I'll watch the Bad Batch show and see how I feel after.

Regarding that list of rumoured May 4th figures, they surely won't reveal all of them in just a few days? Have HT ever done that before?

That's what they do at SDCC every year, and that's cancelled so might as well reveal them all on May 4th. That said here's the week's schedule:
https://www.sideshow.com/geek/fan-week-schedule-of-events

They're doing booth tours at 10am PST on May 4, 5, and 6, so there's a chance they'll add figures in the subsequent days.

Kuiil would be great to get. Don?t see it happening though. Someone on Facebook made a really nice custom.

I've toyed with the idea of making my own Kuiil if they don't make him. I think I had a deadline for Hot Toys sometime about now. Painting of the headsculpt is always my biggest hurdle. Like most I guess.

Would you happen to have a link to the FB custom ?

Was it this one ? Dimensions seem a bit off.

120252036_10215785789471659_8656739879585011889_n.jpg

I'm surprised they are doing any of these. It's laughable to think that all of them will be made. Best be buying these with the understanding that the lineup will always be incomplete.

I was thinking the same as you. I wonder what the process is really with Hot Toys determining what S.W. character/s to do next? I also wonder how much influence Lucasfilm has, if any, on Hot Toys decision making?

Hopefully they bring out Tarkin, even if he is just an Admiral.

Endless in the OT? Not even close to clones.

Tough to count on HT. Never know if they will complete a team or not. Got to roll the dice regardless with a lot of HT IPs.
Not close to clones, but there is no doubt that the trooper variants all began in the OT. The OT set the template for that sort of mindset. It wasn't lore that dictated snowtroopers and scouts...it was merchandising. You coulda filled every trooper spot with a stormtrooper and it would have been believable and easier for the crew.

Not close to clones, but there is no doubt that the trooper variants all began in the OT. The OT set the template for that sort of mindset. It wasn't lore that dictated snowtroopers and scouts...it was merchandising. You coulda filled every trooper spot with a stormtrooper and it would have been believable and easier for the crew.

Well different was good. No idea if it was for marketing, but smart that the evil Empire adapts to different settings. But Mudtroopers and Shoretroopers is really digging the bottom of the barrel.

THE PT ERA IS HERE TO STAY BOYS. THIS IS WHERE THE FUN BEGINS! OT IS DEAD. LET IT DIE. ALL HAIL PT.

I’m dropping like 5k on PT hot toys now lmao

Back