Hot Toys The Bad Batch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't really care for these characters in the Clone Wars episodes that featured them so not super excited. Still, I'll watch the Bad Batch show and see how I feel after.

Regarding that list of rumoured May 4th figures, they surely won't reveal all of them in just a few days? Have HT ever done that before?

Yeah that's what is still holding me back. I already heard that the show started slow.

My first approach was Clone Wars the movie, and I fall asleep...

But thanks for the advice. I might try again :)

Definitely don't watch the Clone Wars movie ! That's before they even got going.

There are also "must watch" lists out there. That can maybe help remove some of the filler episodes. But it is certainly good, especially once you get a couple of seasons in. The tech for the animation also gets better and better each season.

Yeah that's what is still holding me back. I already heard that the show started slow.

My first approach was Clone Wars the movie, and I fall asleep...

But thanks for the advice. I might try again :)

The movie is bad but kinda look at it like a pilot episode lol, Season 1 and Season 2 have some duds but its worth getting through because Season 3-7 is pretty damn great. The 4 episode series finale arc is some of the best Star Wars material out there.

Going to the figures...you'd be foolish to think they weren't going to do at least a few of them, being the new hot show from Lucasfilm, the real question is if we'll get the whole team. Smart move starting with Echo though, a fan favorite going back to Season 1 of TCW.

Hopefully this is just the start of a bunch of announcements over the next 48 hours.

The movie is bad but kinda look at it like a pilot episode lol, Season 1 and Season 2 have some duds but its worth getting through because Season 3-7 is pretty damn great. The 4 episode series finale arc is some of the best Star Wars material out there.

Going to the figures...you'd be foolish to think they weren't going to do at least a few of them, being the new hot show from Lucasfilm, the real question is if we'll get the whole team. Smart move starting with Echo though, a fan favorite going back to Season 1 of TCW.

Hopefully this is just the start of a bunch of announcements over the next 48 hours.
The movie is actually episode 3 chronologically, which is the best way to watch it.

The movie is actually episode 3 chronologically, which is the best way to watch it.

yes just like Cat and Mouse is the first episode chronologically but I'm a fan of going through the series how it was released and it introduces you to most of the major players in the series going forward

Going by what HT wrote on FB

"Practice teamwork with the elite squad of troopers! Hot Toys is bringing the members of this group as 1/6th scale figure collections in celebration of Star Wars Day and The Bad Batch animation series’ debut on Disney+. Stay tuned!"

I just hope Hot Toys "practices teamwork" and does bring all the "members of this group" to us.

I only really want Echo, because it's Echo and Hunter because he's the closest thing we're getting to a Commando.

I fear it's another case of ignoring what your customers are literally begging you for, doing your thing, then being shocked at the result.

It's so easy to make fans happy, just do market research and ****ing make that product.

"...Hot Toys is bringing the members of this group as 1/6th scale figure..."

If only we could trust Hot Toys proper use of english/american grammar, i'd be excited by the prospect of a full batch coming our way. Unfortunately, as already mentioned in this thread (and elsewhere), their record with complete teams going all the way to production is not speaking in their favor. Prove me wrong Hot Toys, i dare you.

I fear it's another case of ignoring what your customers are literally begging you for, doing your thing, then being shocked at the result.

It's so easy to make fans happy, just do market research and ****ing make that product.

I wonder if the mouse tells them what to make? We know Kennedy does not love the ot. I could be grasping at straws, but the complete lack of important characters is astounding. We got 3 maul figures and 2 Ashoka figures within months of each other and we cannot get a new chewie or rotj Vader or mace or sidious? There is a foul stench in Denmark.
Also, I bet whatever we see today is all we get this week, as far as hot toys.

Honestly, Disney probably asked them to make some Bad Batch stuff. A General Grevious announcement on May4th along with all the marketing companies are doing will put Hot Toys orders up the roof. That's why they probably won't do it, hahaha.

Well from what I know they were severally lacking any type of merch when the Mandalorian ame out and were begging license holders to make anything, mostly because the franchise was a bit in the dumps and nothing was selling. I think they made a safe bet getting Echo out but it'll be about 1.5yrs before this figure sees light, so might as well rake in the money while the hype is out. Im not seeing them spend additional tooling to create the other 3 figures, I think it'll mostly be Echo and possibly Hunter.

As for licensing I know on the smaller level the mouse is not very...they have no clue what they are doing. I have no clue how it works with the larger companies like Hasbro and Hot Toys.

Honestly, Disney probably asked them to make some Bad Batch stuff. A General Grevious announcement on May4th along with all the marketing companies are doing will put Hot Toys orders up the roof. That's why they probably won't do it, hahaha.
This. I’m sure Disney is pushing The Bad Batch for May the 4th this year since it’s the new show. Not entirely sure it’s up to Hot Toys to decide. I don’t know about these characters personally as far as wanting figures. I love The Clone Wars, and I’ll watch The Bad Batch, but I’m leaning towards not needing them for my collection. Still I’m interested in seeing how they look.

This Clone Wars stuff will never end. These clones have been milked more than any other piece of merchandise. Lucasfilm will go from one end of the rainbow to the other to find every color that possibly exists in order to put them on a clone trooper. Congrats to those who like them and want them. I'm sure they will look good.

I just want our OT! :monkey2

Cool they're jumping in on this, but sooo many OT (& even PT) characters we need as others have said. I Just want a damn OT C-3PO already!! :(

Even if the cartoon is great, I don't think these are something I need in this scale or price point. I'm more than content with having them in 6" scale with Hasbro BS figures. Brave words for now.. :lol

Endless troop variations...sounds exactly like what started in the OT, does it not?

Either way. The Rambo dude looks cool, and the one super techy helmet looking one is neat. But I have no knowledge of or connection to these characters beyond the marketing.

But if you want the whole team, you'd better put your money forward...because you don't want to be 3 figures in and not have the first release.

No way they don't announce something from Mando. It's their golden goose.

If they did, who would they even make? Cara Dune is pretty much out of the picture at this point, and I don't think many people would drop cash for Carl Weathers' character. Only people I would think that would garner some good hype are the Ugnaught and his stead or the Armorer. However I wouldn't mind a Michael Beihn on my shelf.

If they did, who would they even make? Cara Dune is pretty much out of the picture at this point, and I don't think many people would drop cash for Carl Weathers' character. Only people I would think that would garner some good hype are the Ugnaught and his stead or the Armorer. However I wouldn't mind a Michael Beihn on my shelf.

Luke with Grogu. Feel pretty confident that's the next Mando release. R2 included in a deluxe would be awesome.

Back