Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see these hanging around SS for a good while after release.
Well even these captured at such a small retailer like BBTS doesn't necessarily indicate anything, but it is a reference that strongly contradicts your subject statement. Furthermore, collectors around different platforms in social medias seem to be very excited about these Bad Batch clones, from my observation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 10.19.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 10.19.00 AM.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 10.21.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 10.21.36 AM.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 10.19.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 10.19.09 AM.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 53
Well even these captured at such a small retailer like BBTS doesn't necessarily indicate anything, but it is a reference that strongly contradicts your subject statement. Furthermore, collectors around different platforms in social medias seem to be very excited about these Bad Batch clones, from my observation.
Agreed. They seem to have been positively received.

As you said, BBTS and similar stores selling out is not necessarily a good indicator by itself because they really don’t get much stock allocations from Sideshow. But they did seem to sell out quickly, even with BBTS requiring a deposit these days.

I don’t see these sticking around at Sideshow for long. Maybe the same as Cody or a little longer. They won’t be produced in the biggest numbers and Hot Toys has been spreading out the Clone releases so there will be demand.

Clones have always been popular as well. Plus the show seems to have a generally positive reception.

Hunter being very close to the standard Clone Commando will have fans of Commandos picking him up. Some even to customize, which I’ve considered.

Well if you trashed me for quoting someone about how many HT employees there are, then you are doing the same in speculating about a production number and overall interest. Only HT and SS knows the numbers and you can speculate all day. I see on FB groups people wanting off the wall characters from this or that show/movie so there will be interest for anything that is made. I will say I like to view things from the OT glasses, so the PT/CW interest still confuses me. :lol

Well if you trashed me for quoting someone about how many HT employees there are, then you are doing the same in speculating about a production number and overall interest. Only HT and SS knows the numbers and you can speculate all day. I see on FB groups people wanting off the wall characters from this or that show/movie so there will be interest for anything that is made. I will say I like to view things from the OT glasses, so the PT/CW interest still confuses me. :lol
It is just an observation, or market analysis using secondary researches, that is just my profession so Im just itching to jump in to make a clear clarification. But hey, just trying to make a civilized conversation, as we're all Star Wars lover in the end, I have zero intention to trash you or anything.

Hunter is now the best seller in the SW section

hopefully pre-orders continue to be strong
Gotta say I was also holding back on Hunter after the first 5-6 episodes being a bit ho-hum. But after the last 2 episodes he's now on pre-order.

Never bet against Filoni !

Sideshow does indeed heavily restrict the amount they give to other retailers (and I do mean heavily — I had that confirmed by an inside source), so using the other retailers as a gauge is not a good way to go about anything. Whether they stick around for awhile at Sideshow is where the real question of supply/demand comes in, since they keep the majority of HT stock for themselves (full MSRP, plus price gouging shipping, makes for great profits).

Hunter is now the best seller in the SW section

hopefully pre-orders continue to be strong

I wonder if there's something fishy going on there, whether they're counting sales over a certain period or whether they just push certain things to the top. I wouldn't put anything past Sideshow. lol

Looking at the placements for selected Hot Toys, Hunter is 19 higher than Echo, and Colonel Mustard snuck into fifth.

1. Hunter
2. Mando and Child
3. Mando
5. Artillery Trooper

16. Kuill

20. Echo

I do hope that Hunter is selling well enough, but if Echo's dropped so low where does that leave Wrecker and Tech? 🤔

I wonder if there's something fishy going on there, whether they're counting sales over a certain period or whether they just push certain things to the top. I wouldn't put anything past Sideshow. lol

Looking at the placements for selected Hot Toys, Hunter is 19 higher than Echo, and Colonel Mustard snuck in so high.

1. Hunter
2. Mando and Child
3. Mando
5. Artillery Trooper

16. Kuill

20. Echo

I do hope that Hunter is selling well enough, but if Echo's dropped that low where does that leave Wrecker and Tech? 🤔
I also think that's the case. Maybe not every figure, but some.

Some people are probably holding out for more team member releases. The same people will probably complain about the price of all 5 and selectively buy 2 or 3 lol. I think the other 3 will be dependent on the orders of the Hunter. I hope Wrecker is next. He's probably the size of Heavy Mando to be more realistic.

Looking at the placements for selected Hot Toys, Hunter is 19 higher than Echo, and Colonel Mustard snuck into fifth.

1. Hunter
2. Mando and Child
3. Mando
5. Artillery Trooper

16. Kuill

20. Echo

I do hope that Hunter is selling well enough, but if Echo's dropped so low where does that leave Wrecker and Tech? 🤔

I highly doubt Sideshow's best seller list is accurate. They have never seemed to be on top of matters like this.

I highly doubt Sideshow's best seller list is accurate. They have never seemed to be on top of matters like this.
Especially since their search function barely works. Anytime you search for a specific character you get about 20 figures that aren't that character that appear first in the list.

I searched for Echo and got 8 products show up before him. So I doubt the rest of their store page features work accurately either.

1. Hunter
2. Mando and Child
3. Mando
5. Artillery Trooper

16. Kuill

20. Echo

I'm honestly not too sure, I think it might be based off orders on a week to week basis (day to day?) and how a figure sells during that time. Grievous and Echo were 1 and 2 for so long after they went up on May 4th, then the mustard trooper rose into the top 5 over the last few weeks. While someone like Kuill never really snuck into the top 5 or so.

Rey and Kylo climbed the ladder too as production photos and reviews came out for them.

Be cool to know how it works.

I'm honestly not too sure, I think it might be based off orders on a week to week basis (day to day?) and how a figure sells during that time. Grievous and Echo were 1 and 2 for so long after they went up on May 4th, then the mustard trooper rose into the top 5 over the last few weeks. While someone like Kuill never really snuck into the top 5 or so.

Rey and Kylo climbed the ladder too as production photos and reviews came out for them.

Be cool to know how it works.

I'm surprised Kuill never made it nearer the top. Maybe it's just my personal bias, but I would never have imagined that the Artillery Trooper would be so far ahead of him.

I'm surprised Kuill never made it nearer the top. Maybe it's just my personal bias, but I would never have imagined that the Artillery Trooper would be so far ahead of him.

This is the sort of thing that makes me believe it's in no way accurate. A figure most people laugh at in a thread with about 100 comments vs. a figure many wanted badly with over 600 comments. Seems highly unlikely.

This is the sort of thing that makes me believe it's in no way accurate. A figure most people laugh at in a thread with about 100 comments vs. a figure many wanted badly with over 600 comments. Seems highly unlikely.
To be fair, this website only has a select number of members, thousands are out there that are not on this website who might not be as interested in Kuill as the rest of us were/are. One of my co-workers who really only started a few years ago between figures and statues, collects SW troopers and ordered 2 mustard troopers, said he loved the design of them, but he doesn't do forums, follow any of the youtubers or any social media.

Personally I was never even contemplating the mustard trooper but that is just me lol

It was crazy how it went up to, he was no where near the top, even under the Stormtrooper Commander then he just rose in sales weeks after he went up?

I a lot of people focus on troopers or even only buy troopers. That's how I started into 1/6. A lot non Star Wars fans also collect troopers strictly because of their looks. SW troopers also see a lot of sales in the Asian market where other SW figures generate weaker sales.

There was a lot of pent up demand for a Stormtrooper commander type, even in/especially in Rogue One armor. The Rogue One Stormtrooper prices were getting pretty crazy.

Stormtroopers (non ST) are fairly safe for Hot Toys to make as they generally sell, sometimes in multiples to people.

Back