Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see these hanging around SS for a good while after release.

I doubt it, clones sell and by the time these come out (if they even come close to coming out on time), we'll be around Season 2, with the audience having plenty of time being around these characters at that point.

Collectors will be more enticed if they release more of the squad as well.

One thing about these realistic interpretations is that it kind of drives home why everyone in the the galaxy would recognize clone faces. I've only seen a few Clone Wars and a couple of Bad Batch episodes, but I know that several of the clones tried to express their "individuality" with different hairstyles, colors, beards, face markings, etc., which was a great idea for the series to go beyond just names, armor colors and ranks. In RotS, there was just that scene of the same actor in the fighter cockpit. By expanding the mythos and introducing "individuality" many of the characters were able to come across as visually distinct and unique. However, with these more detailed Hoy Toys sculpts, it reinforces the idea that every clone is a variation of Temura Morrison (i.e. Jango). This is even more evident in this Hunter sculpt, which at first struck me as looking a little weird because it just looked like Temura Morrison with long hair and face paint--which is exactly what it would be. That's why seeing other clones like Wrecker (big, bulky Morrison with a bald head and damaged eye), Crosshair (thin Morrison with gray hair) and even Omega (pre-teen in clone years, female Morrison with blonde hair) would be pretty cool. While Sideshow's clone commanders essentially did the same thing, they lacked the detail and realism of Hot Toys.

Hunter is the only one that’s pretty much identical (there are some very minor differences) to regular clones, just with long hair.

I want both versions of Crosshair though.
BB & Empire Crosshair 2 pack
Wrecker & Omeeeeeeega 2 pack

Sideshow made Numa with Boil & Waxer 10 years ago so HT can do it with Omeeeega.
I wonder if since it’s not a male based on Daniel Logan they can get away with likeness issues, since Omeeeega is a girl.
Basically how they did Ahsoka, just a representation but not based on any specific likeness (that we know of).

As i watch more episodes of this show, I come to like these people more and more. This is not good news. For me. If I buy one, I will want all of them.

I also NEED FENNEC. Where is my girl FENNEC

Why are they called a "bad batch," they are all such sweethearts - except maybe for Crosshair, he's going through some stuff right now and we'll see how he shakes down. He is quite obviously miserable away from his mates. They're not bad, they're adorable badasses.

I think we will get all of these people from HT, even Omega. p.s. Daniel Logan Omega is so cute, make it happen.

All this makes what Bo-Katan had to say about clones in "Mandalorian" all the more offensive. If she knew a million clones, then how could she not recognize their worth? Wow, toxic.

Why are they called a "bad batch," they are all such sweethearts - except maybe for Crosshair, he's going through some stuff right now and we'll see how he shakes down. He is quite obviously miserable away from his mates. They're not bad, they're adorable badasses.

'Bad' as in defective, because they're mutants compared to the clone standard.

It's a derogatory term for such a band of adorable 'sweethearts'. :lol

I can imagine Wrekah objecting like Worf...

3e9cefbec527cd989c5082f134624932.jpg

Last edited:
I'm all for Wrecker - the only one I want from the Batch. But I have absolutely NO want for the Precious Moments Omega character. PLEASE no two pack that will increase the rate witha second figure I'll likely not even be able to sell off for a decent ruturn.

I'm all for Wrecker - the only one I want from the Batch. But I have absolutely NO want for the Precious Moments Omega character. PLEASE no two pack that will increase the rate witha second figure I'll likely not even be able to sell off for a decent ruturn.
They can always make it an optional deluxe set, relax.

'Bad' as in defective, because they're mutants compared to the clone standard.

It's a derogatory term for such a band of adorable 'sweethearts'. :lol

I can imagine Wrekah objecting like Worf...
To add, Bad Batch is a name they gave themselves so while perhaps self-deprecating, it's neither derogatory or objectionable in their eyes.

Their official designation is Clone Force 99, named after a malformed clone named 99 who sacrificed himself defending Kamino in season 3 of The Clone Wars.

They were genetically manipulated with desirable mutations, but that makes them different from other clones. So they're high efficient, but certainly don't fit in with the rest of the Grand Army of the Republic.

So in this case, I feel it's both a play on being a literal bad (mutated) batch, but also being bad as in tough, rebellious, and a bit alienated.

Hunter is the only one that’s pretty much identical (there are some very minor differences) to regular clones, just with long hair.

I want both versions of Crosshair though.
BB & Empire Crosshair 2 pack

Sideshow made Numa with Boil & Waxer 10 years ago so HT can do it with Omeeeega.
I wonder if since it’s not a male based on Daniel Logan they can get away with likeness issues, since Omeeeega is a girl.
Basically how they did Ahsoka, just a representation but not based on any specific likeness (that we know of).
Hello Echo ? and obviously that's the most rational explanation why Echo and Hunter being made first, because their hs could efficiently reused from Cody.

To add, Bad Batch is a name they gave themselves so while perhaps self-deprecating, it's neither derogatory or objectionable in their eyes.

Their official designation is Clone Force 99, named after a malformed clone named 99 who sacrificed himself defending Kamino in season 3 of The Clone Wars.

They were genetically manipulated with desirable mutations, but that makes them different from other clones. So they're high efficient, but certainly don't fit in with the rest of the Grand Army of the Republic.

So in this case, I feel it's both a play on being a literal bad (mutated) batch, but also being bad as in tough, rebellious, and a bit alienated.

Yes, "self-deprecating" is a much better explanation.

It's a bit like black rappers taking the 'N' word and using it about themselves as a means of self-empowerment.

The Bad Batch take the word others use against them, and own it. Because they know they're better in other ways, and at the core they're individuals.

The characters are social commentary, underlining that different is not necessarily worse, since difference can have its assets.

Bad batch will likely be around for several seasons to come so I doubt HT is done with them just yet. I expect we’ll get the rest of the team. Omega and Wrecker are the outliers with their unique sizes. HT has needed a kid body for some time now. I could see Omega and Wrecker even being a 2 pack.

I just had a look at the HT Jawa, and compared him to their old Sandtrooper for height. The Jawa's head came up to about his elbow, which isn't far off how Omega looked against Echo. Though it's not easy to judge heights in the series because they're often playing with the camera angles.

So HT might already have a body, which they could adapt with ankle extensions if necessary.

There was talk that The Bad Batch might be a one and done season, like their Marvel series. But there has also been a lot of talk about Omega being revealed as an important character. Her name must have significance as being the last clone in a series, or of the Palpatine clone experiments.

"What's yer name, kid?"

"Omeygah... Omeygah Skywalkah." :horror :lol

This series took me completely by surprise, because I couldn't stand their Clone Wars episodes. Now I'm in for Echo and Hunter, and waiting to see if HT can see any profit in making at least Wrecker and Tech.

I preordered Rambo Fett aka Huntah today. I'm happy with my decision. Who knows, maybe I'll end up getting Echo at some point too.

I've pre-ordered both. These are the most unique Clones in my opinion in Star Wars and i love the idea of an elite Navy Seal Team 6 / Delta Force special forces Clone group. Black red and white looks amazing. I only hope they make the entire Bad Batch as i will get all 5. While i like Omega as a character on the show, i would skip her as a 1/6 scale figure. Unless they give her mini clone armour to go along with the boys i can't see myself paying $200 for a 5" tall Omega.

Here's the voice actress that does Omega's voice. I think she's a bit further along in her growth accelerated development than the character...

=)

Michelle Ang

1623965265714.png
1623965287944.png

Last edited:
Back